• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Tips for getting better at winning Anarchy battle series

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
So I literally in rage reset my rank. I was so close at the end of last season to reaching S, and was nearing the rank up battle. And then next season hits: AND IM BACK AT A- with no freaking way to get back to the position I was. ALL BECAUSE ANARCY SERIES ARE ANNOYING! Does anyone have some advice? I want to hit s so bad

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I failed my anarchy series six times now. I know there’s something I’m missing. One time I lost Clam Blitz in overtime and was always scoring.

Cephalobro

I haven't even begun playing Anarchy Battles yet because of so many other things I have going on right now, so yes, some advice would be great.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It's advice you've probably already heard, but the common factor in all of your matches is always going to be you. Sure, there will inevitably be matches where your teammates are the problem, where the team compositions are wildly imbalanced, etc., but you're the only constant in your own battles.

Take advantage of replays - watch back matches that are fresh in your mind to see what you could have done better. Even with a match you just completed, there's probably at least one or two moments where you did something that didn't work out. It's also helpful to view the match from other perspectives, especially if one player was giving you a lot of trouble.

Knowing your weapon's role is also really important, but that's a bit too broad without knowing exactly what you're using.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Forma's advice is an excellent start. Watching replays can inform both of what you can do better, and also lets you see how the enemy overcame you.

Play objective, but play it smart. Don't count on your allies to play objective unless they show an inclination to do so. What you want to do is look for openings - kill 2 or 3 of the opponents and then get on tower or grab the rainmaker. Too many people will do those as soon as the match starts, inevitably dying and putting their team at a disadvantage. Being the best rainmaker carrier or clam thrower means nothing if it isn't done at the right time. More than anything, Splatoon 3 isn't about performing a successful push but sustaining that push, you want to kill the opponents and take the objective and then keep them from taking it back. Don't ever allow yourself to become complacent even when you have lead.

Consider your weapon choice, and maybe look at more conventional weapons. Yeah, this can get boring, but you'll likely have better odds going in with a splash-o-matic or other shooter as opposed to a more esoteric weapon class. Trying to rank up means playing to win after all, and you win by exploiting every advantage you can, for weapon practice and messing around there's turf and open. Of course if you have confidence in your skills, go forth, but generally speaking shooters and such are easier to handle in series compared to, say, a brella. This can also save you from the matchmaking - if you choose roller and the game makes your entire team rollers, good luck.

Positioning and aim. Spend time in recon studying where you can shoot from and where the enemy can hit you. Do aim drills (google that) in the lobby to improve your reaction times and accuracy. A lot of losses can come down to being in the wrong place or losing a crucial fight.

So yeah, Splatoon is a team-based game, but individuals can make a huge difference. If you're losing consistently then there's room for self-examination. I also recommend resources like Squid School, lots of good information there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom