To use motion controls or to not use motion controls....

Motion controls: yay or nay?

• Total voters

kimerson

Inkling
Premium
NNID
kimerson
THAT is the question. Lol, but seriously, how do people feel about the gamepad's use of the motion controls? I personally loved how it felt after playing a couple of matches but I've seen others on social media that didn't like them as much.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I was immediately turned off. I switched it back during a couple matches, but it still didn't feel good at all.

I found that the stick with the sensitivity turned almost all the way down felt the best. Still isn't a mouse, but it'll have to do.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
They seemed pretty decent to me. Took a couple games to get it in my head to use the pad for vertical and the stick for horizontal but it started feeling better after that. I changed to just the right stick as soon as I could though since I much prefer that

Smashington

Senior Squid
It took me a game and a half to get used to them, but they actually work pretty good. I'm definitely going to try disabling them next time though, I was pretty good at CoD so I might do better without them.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
The entire time I never once changed any of the options. I'll try it out next time, but motion controls seemed decent enough

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I would rather not use motion controls, but this is one of the first games where I feel that they are completely viable

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
It felt okay, but I'm going to turn it off the next test period and see how that feels.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
I had no qualms with it.

I'd imagine they'll prove quite useful for splatterers and quite damning for snipers.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They are not for me. I prefer to play with the traditional control scheme myself.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Not really a big fan, so I turned it off after I finished the tutorial.

DarkDragoon

Inkling
They definitely were not BAD motion controls by any means, but I thought they felt really awkward since you could turn with 2 different controls and having to contantly hit Y to reset is bothersome.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
the motion controls made aiming pretty easy. i don't think the game has analog acceleration for moving the camera, so it's always a static sensitivity. since you can fine tune your aiming MUCH easier with the gyro, firefights felt a lot more natural when i turned it back on, honestly. the only issue i have with them is that i can't adjust the camera vertically with the stick with them on. i got disoriented sometimes because of that, at the end of some matches i was sideways in my chair moving around the gamepad, lmao

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
The gyro controls felt a little fast but overall I liked them. I hope there's going to be an option to adjust sensitivity for it though. The sensitivity bar in the options menu only affected the analog stick.

Demon

Inkling
NNID
hoodup
I got home with only about 3 minutes left in the demo so I only had time to mess around in the tutorial for a bit, thought the motion controls were eh but i'll see if I can get used to them once I play more tomorrow.

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
I didn't realize there was an option to turn off motion controls as I was too focused on getting in as many games as possible, but I plan to do so for the next test I can participate in. Motion control isn't a game breaker, but it felt difficult aiming accurately in medium to close range fights and occassionally I'd mess up my aiming by unintentionally moving the controller while trying to use the camera.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I didn't realize there was an option to turn off motion controls as I was too focused on getting in as many games as possible, but I plan to do so for the next test I can participate in. Motion control isn't a game breaker, but it felt difficult aiming accurately in medium to close range fights and occassionally I'd mess up my aiming by unintentionally moving the controller while trying to use the camera.
really? if anything they helped me

i only really used the analog stick for turning around, when i was in firefights i took my thumb off it and used solely the gyro and that net me a lot of frags

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
really? if anything they helped me

i only really used the analog stick for turning around, when i was in firefights i took my thumb off it and used solely the gyro and that net me a lot of frags
I'm more of a mouse and keyboard person, so using a controller in a shooter is already a bit awkward for me, adding motion controls just adds another complication I'm not used to.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I'm more of a mouse and keyboard person, so using a controller in a shooter is already a bit awkward for me, adding motion controls just adds another complication I'm not used to.
Same here.

Nintendo, please add mouse and keyboard support so I can utterly destroy everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom