To use motion controls or to not use motion controls....

Motion controls: yay or nay?

• Total voters

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I'm more of a mouse and keyboard person, so using a controller in a shooter is already a bit awkward for me, adding motion controls just adds another complication I'm not used to.
i'm the same way, i play tf2 competitively and i've dabbled in quake and counter strike, the gyro made things feel much more natural

i guess it's just an unpredictable preference thing, but i suggest you give them another shot

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
I was too busy getting the most out of the hour, so didn't change anything. Will probably change that for the next round.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
i'm the same way, i play tf2 competitively and i've dabbled in quake and counter strike, the gyro made things feel much more natural

i guess it's just an unpredictable preference thing, but i suggest you give them another shot
I actually did prefer motion controls in Killzone 3. It was the only time I like, genuinely used a Move controller.

I have a feeling I'd like the gyro aiming more if I could adjust the sensitivity. Even then, I still feel it isn't that great for the Charger, but I could see myself using it with close-range weapons.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
I ended up dropping them after about ten minutes. I figured I'd give them a fair shake, but ultimately my classic console shooter instincts won out. I might try again when the full game comes out though.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I actually did prefer motion controls in Killzone 3. It was the only time I like, genuinely used a Move controller.

I have a feeling I'd like the gyro aiming more if I could adjust the sensitivity. Even then, I still feel it isn't that great for the Charger, but I could see myself using it with close-range weapons.
my biggest issue with the gyro controls is that you can't aim vertically with the right analog anymore, it really got me confused and disoriented in some matches. i found myself resetting it a lot with the Y button

IrisZ

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
It made the game feel like Mario Kart to me tbh. Because turning your controller really does something now

If anything, I want the second stick to have a higher sensitivity. That's really it. I'm fine with the motion controls myself

Fakevox

Senior Squid
It made the game feel like Mario Kart to me tbh. Because turning your controller really does something now

If anything, I want the second stick to have a higher sensitivity. That's really it. I'm fine with the motion controls myself
What, you play Mario Kart using gyro controls?

You monster.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I don't expect to use motion controls, I've always preferred not. But who knows, I may love it!

EvilMario

Inkling
NNID
EvilMario
I don't mind the motion controls so much, but it is more tiring for me after a long period of time than dual analog. So I'm going to go with the later. It helps that I grew up in the era where dual stick shooters came to be.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I liked the motion controls in this game. I thought it wouldn't be great but it actually worked out well.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
Took me a couple matches to get used to them, but once I did they were perfectly fine. I'll be sticking with them.

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
I didn't know how to turn them off at first so I used Motion controls initially. For what it's worth, I didn't mind the motion controls. They worked well enough. Buy yea, I turned them off first chance I got and NEVER looked back.

Jolt

Inkling
NNID
Ace_91
With the Wii U gamepad the motion controls are definitely better than the stick, I just hate that the stick is above the buttons

I will probably play with pro controller and the gamepad as a map if it is possible. Or getting used to motion controls

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Motion controls. It feels better. I need to work on steadying my aim, but you feel free when using the motion controls.

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
So I turned it off this test period. I found that I prefer to have it off while using the roller, but had an easier time aiming with the motion controls while using the shooters.

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
I prefer having them off, especially when I'm all comfortable on my bed lol

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
I really like the motion controls, they add a lot of quick movement options. I haven't really needed to Y reset. Should I have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom