• Yes

• No

• AM I A KID OR A SQUID?!?!?!?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jkid391

Senior Squid
So...
Hi?
I made this list a long time ago, back when I was like B-, and like 2 years ago, so now my views on weapons are changed, and I honestly hate the list now.
Except the Splash-O-Matic.
I freaking hate that thing.
Looking back on the only 2 threads I made, I realized that they were TERRIBLE. When I remembered them, I just shook my head in shame, so ignore this and please go onto a better thread, like Forum Games or something.

Last edited:

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I think most people will probably disagree with the list because even in Turf Wars, the Rapid Blaster is generally seen as a complete joke. As far as Turf Wars goes, an Aerospray in the right hands can be brutal. Also, I still say the Octobrush, while significantly better than the inkbrush, is still not all that great.

Personally, I'd put the .52 Gal somehwere high on the list of best weapons in Turf Wars as it can cover ground fairly effectively, kill fairly easily, and defend turf easily with the splash wall. The .92 Deco also murders people so effectively that a person who is good with it can basically dominate every mode - what it lacks in ink coverage, it makes up for in sheer killing power.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I think most people will probably disagree with the list because even in Turf Wars, the Rapid Blaster is generally seen as a complete joke. As far as Turf Wars goes, an Aerospray in the right hands can be brutal. Also, I still say the Octobrush, while significantly better than the inkbrush, is still not all that great.

Personally, I'd put the .52 Gal somehwere high on the list of best weapons in Turf Wars as it can cover ground fairly effectively, kill fairly easily, and defend turf easily with the splash wall. The .92 Deco also murders people so effectively that a person who is good with it can basically dominate every mode - what it lacks in ink coverage, it makes up for in sheer killing power.
Well, have you seen a good Rapid Blaster in Tower Control? A ridiculously good camping weapon. Also the Rapid Blaster Deco is my secondary and Suction Bomb Rush causes as much chaos as an emerald and people are actually surprised that two hits does one in. So, not overpowered, but certainly not a joke.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
InkBrush is better than Octobrush in Turf Wars. Octobrush is more of a ranked weapon.

Aerospray is better than the Nzap from my expereince in Turf Wars. Nzap needs great sprinkler usage to compete with Aerospray. I would say Nzap is good for maps that force you into confrontation more often though. But assuming a squid is unharrased, Aerospray requires less skill to beat the Nzap in points.

Splash-o-Matic is one of my fav weapons, but its not the best turf war weapon nor is it broken. I mostly use this weapon in ranked. Unless you utilize your Suction Rush on prime areas, I find its performance to be similar to the SplatJr.

This is from my perspective as the weapons I talked about are weapons I use in Turf war (InkBrush,Aero,Splash,Nzap, SplatJr.) To me the best turfing weapons is Ink Brush and Aero. And I don't think they are broken...so no, I don't agree with this list.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm surprised to not see any Gal variant. That aside, I honestly would prefer Splatoon without Special Weapons. The guns themselves are fine (each has pros and cons, aside of the E-Liter 3K in my opinion), but when you suddenly have to fight someone Invincible, or that can kill you in one hit from far, far away (and even behind cover), or that can freely throw dozens of bombs towards you, things get out of hand very quickly

Despicable

Inkling
this list would probably be more legit if you named it "Top 10 Most Underpowered Weapons"

several weapons on this list are just terrible (r a p i d blaster, sploosh, etc)

Putrid Squid

Inkling
The N'Zap 89 is pretty great. Although I think Inkstrikes are really more intimidating that actually damaging.

Figy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Hummana
Ummm ok, well the dynamo isn't on here and that roller is literally the hardest and most annoying thing to play against in ranked. With lag and the rollers huge *** range with a ONE HIT KILL, its very difficult to kill them without trading or dodging in general, even with a long range weapon. I think "broken" is more toward being easy to kill with, which most rollers are insane because they out range most guns and it's a hit one kill at their max range most of the time.

Bolt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EnderBolt
Expected to see an E-Liter here, but I do agree with the rapid blaster.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'm surprised to not see any Gal variant. That aside, I honestly would prefer Splatoon without Special Weapons. The guns themselves are fine (each has pros and cons, aside of the E-Liter 3K in my opinion), but when you suddenly have to fight someone Invincible, or that can kill you in one hit from far, far away (and even behind cover), or that can freely throw dozens of bombs towards you, things get out of hand very quickly
What about the E-Liter 3K makes you think it lacks a pro or con? Is it too good IYO or not good enough IYO?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What about the E-Liter 3K makes you think it lacks a pro or con? Is it too good IYO or not good enough IYO?
With the map design I'd say it might be a bit too good. It kills in one shot and has the longest range in the game (I have to test it vs the Inkzooka). It might charge slowly, but that doesn't really matter considering that you should be charging your shot as soon as you spot someone, and by they time they're in range you're pretty much ready to fire (and one even has a Kraken for emergencies). Also, with the way most maps are designed you can't really flank them without them noticing or letting their whole team inside your base. It's gotten to the point where if I see one I just bail; the only times I can splat them is when they miss, and that's if they don't retreat afterwards

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
With the map design I'd say it might be a bit too good. It kills in one shot and has the longest range in the game (I have to test it vs the Inkzooka). It might charge slowly, but that doesn't really matter considering that you should be charging your shot as soon as you spot someone, and by they time they're in range you're pretty much ready to fire (and one even has a Kraken for emergencies). Also, with the way most maps are designed you can't really flank them without them noticing or letting their whole team inside your base. It's gotten to the point where if I see one I just bail; the only times I can splat them is when they miss, and that's if they don't retreat afterwards
Inkzooka has longer range, which I know since E-Liter 3K and Carbon Roller are my two mains, and Inkzooka is actually much longer. I kind of see what you mean, but it does depend on the map. I actually can use this in Turf War, but it's hard to use on Kelp Dome amd Blackbelly Skatepark because it's easy to miss on those stages and get flanked.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Tentatek Splattershot and .96 Gal Deco are missing, so I declare this list to be incomplete :D

That aside, I honestly would prefer Splatoon without Special Weapons.
There should be a mode without specials, I agree. Specials are fine, but sometimes they get really annoying like the bubbler or laggy inkzookas. This reminds me a little about Mario Power Tennis back then on the Gamecube. This game doesn't excel before you turn off special shots, too.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
>Broken.

Look, even if a lot of those weapons were overpowered, broken mean almost or completely unbeatable. I'm pretty sure none of the weapons are.
10: Krak-On Splat Roller - This roller is not really "broken", but it is extremely overused and annoying. This roller is the same as the Splat Roller statistic wise, but comes with Squid Beacons and a Kraken. What makes this weapon annoying is the fact that it takes a very short amount of time to charge the Kraken, so it causes extreme chaos and rage in Turf Wars.
Well, I guess I can agree on the first statement. But again, this just shows how worthless a top 10 "broken" weapon is if there is even a weapon that isn't broken.
9: Splattershot Jr. - This weapon is given to players when they first start up the game, which is a strange choice considering how over-powered the weapon is. Luckily, this weapon isn't used as much as others, but when someone has it, even a beginner, your screwed. The Splattershot Jr. comes with a Splat Bomb and Bubbler. Like the Krak-On Splat Roller, the special does not take much to be charged up completely, so expect a user of this to constantly be invincible.
Didn't even properly explain why this was broken. Just said it has the bubbler. While it is very good, the flaws balance it being that it is inaccurate and lacks range.
8: Splatterscope - The Splatterscope is just a Splat Charger with a scope attached to it, so you wouldn't think this would be broken or annoying. It is. The scope can spot even just ripples in the ink and an inkling jumping, so if you cross paths with an inkling using this, swim away, for squid's sake!
...So can a regular charger. The flaw with the scope is the inability to have a wider view. Which can actually be a serious problem at times.
7: Octobrush - The Octobrush is new, but that doesn't change how annoying this weapon can be at the hands of someone capable of spamming the ZR button. This weapon is like the Splat Roller and the Dynamo Roller: slower, but spreads a ton of ink. Only problem is that this weapon can inflict a decent amount of damage a hit, so the weapon, if spammed, will get you killed in less than a few seconds. Plus, it is still faster than rollers and such, so this is a very deadly and annoying weapon.
The weapon also has horrendous ink consumption. The ink brush and octobrush is pretty equal in what they can do.
6: Aerospray MG/RG
Stopping you right there because the aerospray is one of the weaker weapons in the game, even for turf war. Also, if you are bringing points into this, I'm getting 4000+ points per rank battle I win.
5: Sploosh-O-Matic - This is like the Splattershot Jr. and the Aerosprays had a baby. This weapon inks up a ton of ground, and can kill anyone in a second. Add that with the fact that this weapon barely uses up any ink. and you have yourself a murder tool.
You haven't seen it's range have you? I much rather use my Luna Blaster.
4: Carbon Roller - This roller is more annoying than broken.
The weapons shouldn't be on this list then.
3: N-Zap 85/89 - With extreme accuracy, quick firing rate, and decent range, this is your worst nightmare in closed-quarters maps. These weapons, designed after the Nintendo Zappers, are incredibly annoying in tight areas of a map, like the passageways in Port Mackerel, or the side paths in Walleye Warehouse.
With that said, they have to get a sneak attack on you, because in a fire fight, the other shooter usually wins.
2: Rapid Blaster - This blaster fires faster than other blasters, and in 2 direct hits (4 near-explosions) your opponent can be splatted. This makes the Rapid Blaster a very lethal, but also over powered weapon. It takes about 2-4 seconds to kill someone with direct hits from this weapon, and it comes with a bubbler (-_-), so this is a pretty unbalanced weapon.
A blaster or luna blaster can kill in 1 direct or 2 indirect and the Custom blaster comes with a bubbler.
Also, this is one of the worst weapons in the game.
1: Splash-O-Matic - This weapon. This weapon, is THE bane of Turf Wars. It has the accuracy of the Splattershot Pro, the fire rate of the N-Zaps, the distance of the Splattershot, and the damage of the Inkbrush. And not only that, but it comes with Suction Bombs, which is already pretty powerful, but then there is the Suction Bomb Rush, which allows the user to use an indefinite amount of Suction Bombs, causing utter chaos. This weapon, in my opinion, needs to be seriously nerfed.
The problem is you are comparing this to the inkbrush. The thing is the ink brush has the tools to get in someone's face but the Splash-o-matic. Also, the accuracy part isn't that helpful when it has the range of an splattershot. In fact, I don't think you explain why this was broken, you just compared to things. There is nothing broken about the n-zaps fire rate or the distance of the distance of a splattershot.

Also suction bombs are easily to avoid if you see it coming.

Overall, there is no broken weapon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Overall, there is no broken weapon.
There's no bad weapon either though. I strongly emphasize that any weapon is good as long as the user practices with the weapon, knows their niche in all modes, and uses their subs and specials to the fullest extent.

Actively emphasized by me using the so-called worst weapon in the game as my secondary, the Rapid Blaster Deco.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Inkzooka has longer range, which I know since E-Liter 3K and Carbon Roller are my two mains, and Inkzooka is actually much longer. I kind of see what you mean, but it does depend on the map. I actually can use this in Turf War, but it's hard to use on Kelp Dome amd Blackbelly Skatepark because it's easy to miss on those stages and get flanked.
I checked this out today and both E-Liters outrange the Inkzookas. The non-scoped E-Liter barely wins over the Inkzooka, but the Scoped one does show its range domination by overtaking the Inkzooka's range by quite a bit. I think I'll be hugging walls a bit more often with that beast out there :confused::bubbler::splashwall:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I checked this out today and both E-Liters outrange the Inkzookas. The non-scoped E-Liter barely wins over the Inkzooka, but the Scoped one does show its range domination by overtaking the Inkzooka's range by quite a bit. I think I'll be hugging walls a bit more often with that beast out there :confused::bubbler::splashwall:
Inkzooka fires much faster and has a wider hitbox though. Also, the Inkzooka's ink speads out from the middle, while the E-Liter 3K has drop physics.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Inkzooka fires much faster and has a wider hitbox though. Also, the Inkzooka's ink speads out from the middle, while the E-Liter 3K has drop physics.
From my test the E-Liter has a wider ink spread; the Inkzooka leaves a trail that might be the size of the Inkbrush. Anyways, I was just talking range-wise since they both will have a ton of pros and cons that can be discussed in a different thread ;)

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
From my test the E-Liter has a wider ink spread; the Inkzooka leaves a trail that might be the size of the Inkbrush. Anyways, I was just talking range-wise since they both will have a ton of pros and cons that can be discussed in a different thread ;)
Okay then. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom