Top 5 Weapons in Splatoon 2

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Hey everyone, long time member now turned long time lurker.
I come to you all today to present my video on what I think are the Top 5 Weapons in Splatoon 2 at this moment.

Of course there will be a lot of debate on whether i'm right or wrong but I hope I got most of this right.
If there's any other weapons you think deserves a mention then please post what you think.

Thanks!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
All these entries make sense, aside from the Carbon, since I don't see many of them being used, or used well. I think it could be amazing, but due to the way rollers work in this game, it requires more work than it did in Splatoon 1. Otherwise I see these weapons all the time, especially in ranked where you will see legions of Tri sloshers, Octobrushes, and Tentateks, with a rising number of Rapid Blasters now that people know it's really good.

For the Tri slosher, you mentioned it should not be nerfed in its power, which I agree with, but it needs a range nerf and some adjustment to its hitboxes. Balance wise, a normal slosher should be able to zone a tri slosher, but in my experience, Tri sloshers can just get up in a normal one's face for an easy splat.

Sol64

All these entries make sense, aside from the Carbon, since I don't see many of them being used, or used well. I think it could be amazing, but due to the way rollers work in this game, it requires more work than it did in Splatoon 1. Otherwise I see these weapons all the time, especially in ranked where you will see legions of Tri sloshers, Octobrushes, and Tentateks, with a rising number of Rapid Blasters now that people know it's really good.

For the Tri slosher, you mentioned it should not be nerfed in its power, which I agree with, but it needs a range nerf and some adjustment to its hitboxes. Balance wise, a normal slosher should be able to zone a tri slosher, but in my experience, Tri sloshers can just get up in a normal one's face for an easy splat.
I understand that rollers in general, including the Carbon, have fallen off in usage recently regarding the changes in Splatoon 2. It requires a new set of muscle memory and the applications are different. Since people have had 2 years of the same thing it makes me think they're unwilling to change in this version.

As for the Tri-slosher range, it's still the same but I think all the other weapons (i.e. Slosher) got nerfed. The range and the width of the Slosher feels a lot smaller than in Splatoon 1 (I noticed this after A rank) so as a result, the Tri Slosher is getting a lot more buck for what it's worth.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
As for the Tri-slosher range, it's still the same but I think all the other weapons (i.e. Slosher) got nerfed. The range and the width of the Slosher feels a lot smaller than in Splatoon 1 (I noticed this after A rank) so as a result, the Tri Slosher is getting a lot more buck for what it's worth.
That would explain why the (at least portrayed in one of DUDE's videos) that the Tri-Slsoher seems to out range the .52 gal (by a very small margin though) which is pretty crazy.

Also, I'm surprised you mentioned the Splattershot Jr. but not the N-Zap 85 as I noticed some experience players tend to use the N-Zap over the Jr. simply due to it's superior range and better accuracy making it more reliable and splatting enemies compared to the Jr. while also have a very solid kit (Suction Bombs and Ink Armor).

Although since the nerf to the required amount of points the N-Zap need to get Ink Armor (increased from 180p to 200p) I can see the Jr. being a good Ink Armor spammer since it turfs faster then the N-Zap and it still only needs 180p to build Ink Armor.

Sol64

That would explain why the (at least portrayed in one of DUDE's videos) that the Tri-Slsoher seems to out range the .52 gal (by a very small margin though) which is pretty crazy.

Also, I'm surprised you mentioned the Splattershot Jr. but not the N-Zap 85 as I noticed some experience players tend to use the N-Zap over the Jr. simply due to it's superior range and better accuracy making it more reliable and splatting enemies compared to the Jr. while also have a very solid kit (Suction Bombs and Ink Armor).

Although since the nerf to the required amount of points the N-Zap need to get Ink Armor (increased from 180p to 200p) I can see the Jr. being a good Ink Armor spammer since it turfs faster then the N-Zap and it still only needs 180p to build Ink Armor.
Since I mentioned the Tentatek Splattershot, I figured i'd chip in every single notion of "splattershot" hence including the Jr. I completely understand why you are concerned I didn't mention the Nzap (I really would have) but I was trying to go for some more variety in what Specials each weapon had instead of "just use ink armour". I would have also given it a mention at the end but wanted to give the Aerospray some light.

Nzap is a very strong contender though, I know I put in a small clip of the Nzap just before I revealed the #1 pick I chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom