• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tournament Game mode?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's unlikely, but it would be very fun! Fingers crossed as always.

Undr

Yeah, possibly after launch. We may never see it considering the fact that you'd likely need several static four member teams. And I'm not too sure how amazing 1v1 tournies would actually be.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I really hope you can have a spectator that can view the match that is besides the 8 players playing.
That would give the streamer the ability to do some really neat stuff (and always give the commentators somebody to follow), and give twitch viewers something to always be watching.
Basically what Counter-strike: global offensive does.
But since in splatoon it seems like ppl will be exploding quickly, the ability for the spectator to wander from above would be great.
Either would be great and lengthen the lifespan of Splatoon IMMENSELY. A game that has a great twitch viewing will bring new players, more hype, and more recognition.

Edit 2: I guess I didn't need an edit 1 x) but yah spectator for tournament mode and other modes

Undr

I really hope you can have a spectator that can view the match that is besides the 8 players playing.
That would give the streamer the ability to do some really neat stuff (and always give the commentators somebody to follow), and give twitch viewers something to always be watching.
But since in splatoon it seems like ppl will be exploding quickly, the ability for the spectator to wander from above would be great.
Either would be great and lengthen the lifespan of Splatoon IMMENSELY. A game that has a great twitch viewing will bring new players, more hype, and more recognition.
This. A THOUSAND times this.

Lyn

Premium

Edit 2: I guess I didn't need an edit 1 x) but yah spectator for tournament mode and other modes
Yeah, a spectator mode would be great! Don't think it's likely, though. A squid can hope.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
*gasp*
with a central location for splatoon players besides reddit.
We could all go on mii verse and voice our opinions on a topic that needs to happen. And have everyone like each other's post on there.
But where could we start that (and it'd in like a week or 2? when ppl from smashboards get on here)

Invis

Inkling
NNID
InvincibleForce
Tournament mode would be a VERY nice touch, but I don't think it would happen. Nintendo does not like making their games' infrastructure around competitive play. We already have a ranked mode, and I'm guessing that is as far as they want to go with it. (based on past games like MK8 and Smash4)

Lyn

Premium
Tournament mode would be a VERY nice touch, but I don't think it would happen. Nintendo does not like making their games' infrastructure around competitive play. We already have a ranked mode, and I'm guessing that is as far as they want to go with it. (based on past games like MK8 and Smash4)
Who knows, 1v1s aren't too uncommon for gamemodes.

SUPERJEM94

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SUPERJEM94
Maybe they can patch some kind of Tourney mode later on, if there's a demand for it. It would be great and this game has potential to be competitive. :)

Lyn

Premium
Maybe they can patch some kind of Tourney mode later on, if there's a demand for it. It would be great and this game has potential to be competitive. :)
There's definitely a demand. I'm just hoping they follow through. There's even a chance it could be in the game day 1 if they thought all this through.

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel
I wouldn't be expecting it on day one, but it's nice to have.

I need my bragging rights. :p

Lyn

Premium
I wouldn't be expecting it on day one, but it's nice to have.

I need my bragging rights. :p
Let's just hope they take the MK8 route and have it right away. ^^

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel
It gotta have match customization! I'd love to watch a 30+ minute match of good inking fun between matches

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
It's one of the many extra features competitive players would love, along with spectator options. The spec options I don't think will ever happen unless it's picked up by any eSports organisations, however the tourney mode would be cool, online or offline. Either works, more functionality, more fun.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster

hell yes, this would be great for casters

i hope a tournament mode is in the base game, but if its not, i hope it comes as a patch! considering there's a tournament mode in MK8 and nintendo has been pretty good about supporting that (200cc being patched in for free just today!) and they vaguely listen to their audience, i think we'll get it in some way... i just hope it's sooner rather than later

Reactions: Kat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom