• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

TOWER MODE COMING TOMORROW

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
is turf war going to be the only regular battle mode

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
I can't wait form his new mode of Ranked battle! Looking at the video, this is probably going to be my favorite type of battle in Splatoon! Finally there's going to be a mode where Chargers will shine the most! I can't wait for this mode and I'll Definitly do my best on it! I also like how in tower control, they use the same stages as regular turf war, but they added some ledges and other stuff that the Turf war doesn't have, similar to splat zones. Now all I need to do is hold in my hype for the Rainmaker :)

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
Weapon prediction:

Aerospray: loses value. Unless unless it's RG, but trying to fill that up for Inkstrike instead of holding of enemies seems like the wrong game plan.
Inkbrush:: Again, the only real use is the Inkstrike.
Roller: A mass 1HKO weapon could clear the tower when it's in enemy control. The Krak-on is only useful for the beacon, as it will allow your team to back you up on the tower (And yes, you will be moved to the Beacons location on the tower and not where it last was when you jumped to it, if the trucks in Mackerel and the Salt crane are any indications). The Kraken seems bad in this mode, so its (and my) reign will end. Standard roller seems better because suction bombs are pure area denial.
Squelcher: Range is king when attacking and defending. Any version will likely do fine.
Jr: Either you're in full invulnerability on the tower, or you will slow down the enemies using Disruptors. Anyway, keep firing at these guys even with Bubbles up, because you can always push 'em.
Blasters (all types): Fire at the tower, never stand on it. You have no real way to defend yourself when standing on it.
Chargers: Always a great choice, because your trying to keep enemies of them. You should always take them out or distract them to avoid a bad time.
Dynamo: Scare 'em!
Nozzle, 52, 96, Pro: ??? (Haven't really used them much)
Splattershot: An average weapon that covers all bases to get to the tower.
Splash: Three words: Suction. Bomb. Rush.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
*unwraps his Jet Squelcher again* >=D

This mode looks strange on the first glance in my opinion. I think it's the first mode which is inherently different from the modes we have seen so far, especially because it doesn't evolve purely around coloring ground. Can't wait to play it.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
So excited! Looks like a pretty interesting mode, it should be fun. I'll have to play for awhile to decide how it stacks up compared to Turf War and Splat Zones though.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Definitely gonna give this a shot when it comes out. I suspect that getting a knockout victory will rely heavily on killing a significant portion of the other team at "the right time". Inb4 people make pictures showing where the "point of no return" for each map is based on your respawn times.

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
Cant wait! going to mix up the ranking a bit until people get the hang of it :D

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I saw the video of a match being played. I dunno how it'll feel in such a small map like Walleye Factory, but I should probably play it myself first and see if it feels better than it looks. Maybe it'll look better on a more open map like Camp Triggerfish or Moray Tower.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
You know what I want to know? How the tower moves on Saltspray. Will it go from the small platform to the big one? vice versa? through the enemy base (because map adjustments could make that possible)? These questions should be answered in the Treehouse. Hopefully they show of that map.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Weapon prediction:

Splash: Three words: Suction. Bomb. Rush.
*leans into room*
Yes, hello? someone mention suction bomb rush? :3
(That tower is going to be a plaform of death if someone(me) manages to land all the bombs on there).

i imagine the bubbler will be great in this mode.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
KNOCKBACK! SPLOOOOOSH!!
(Also counts for Kraken. It would seem that bubblers won't save you now)
do you get that much knock back using the bubbler? i only ever get it when im near someone so it doesnt last as long.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
do you get that much knock back using the bubbler? i only ever get it when im near someone so it doesnt last as long.
You get some knock back, but since staying on the tower is important, Bubblers will most likely get you pushed of. People will learn this and use it to their own advantage.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
Also, a prediction and a tip: The only chargers that should be on the tower are squelchers. Any other charger just leaves you wide open. Plus thy have Ink Mines.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Also, a prediction and a tip: The only chargers that should be on the tower are squelchers. Any other charger just leaves you wide open. Plus thy have Ink Mines.
You mean the Squiffer. The Squelcher is a shooter, not a Charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom