• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Turf War Tournament by Fresh Squids Events (Feb 28th)

Massia

Full Squid
NNID
Massia
(The Very Splatty) Turf War Tournament by Fresh Squids Events

Hi Inklings!

We think Turf War needs some more love, so that's why the first tournament of Fresh Squids Events is Turf War only. Let's find out which team is the best in painting maps! Join with your own team or sign up individually when you don't have a clan.

Date & Time
Date: Sunday February 28th
Time: 10 am PST / 1 pm EST / 6 pm GMT / 7 pm CET

Links
Bracket: http://fse.challonge.com/TWT
Bracket sign up: http://fse.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/6xNio2Ccvd
Discord: http://discord.gg/0pBKUjGOtLiP1xFu

Special notes
This is a Turf War only tournament, so don't expect any other modes. We'll organize different kind of events in future. You're free to choose your own gear and weapons. For now it's double elimination, but this could be changed. A team can consist of max. 8 players. It's not allowed to play for more than one team.

How to sign up as a team?
Join the bracket and the Discord of Fresh Squids Events + Leave a reply on this topic with your Discord representatives and your captain's NNID

How to sign up individually?
Leave a reply on this topic with your Discord name and NNID

What to do when the tourney begins?
First of all check-in with Challonge! (Available half an hour before the tourney will start)
Look at the bracket to see who your opponent is (after the official announcement to start!). Then find the captain and send him/her a PM to arrange the match. When the match is over, report your scores (with percentages!) and wait until your next opponent is ready.

Disconnection rules
If a player drops out in the first 2:30 minutes, stop playing immediately and tell your opponent you have a DC. Make sure there is a screenshot of the disconnection screen (for example with a phone) and post it in #tourney-helpdesk. Replay the match with the same weapons. Continue playing when there is a disconnection in the last 30 seconds.
Other problems (for example lag)? Talk with a TO in the Helpdesk channel.

Stay fresh!

Last edited:

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Hey guys. My team is considering this tournament bit we have a question. Can we have an 8 man team with subs, or do you want 4 man teams?

AC_Decoy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
actionjackson105
Felix signed up (Felix is the name of the team). Team Captain NNID: actionjackson105 Discord reps: Ventara and AC_Decoy. AC_Decoy is team captain.

Njok

Bouncer
Oh missed that part of the OP, my bad.

AeroDynamics is in this. My name is the same on discord and my nnid is nvdbroek86.

Blackcurrant42

Full Squid
NNID
Blackcurrant42
Hey, I'd like to join as a solo player. My nnid is Blackcurrant42 and my discord is Venus (I already joined the server).

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
I'll sign up by myself. My name is MWatson on discord and NNID is floandgold

Blackcurrant42

Full Squid
NNID
Blackcurrant42
I'm sorry I wasn't available in the end. I saw a noticed a few people tagged me on discord but I was having trouble with the app so didn't respond but it since has been updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom