• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

(TW: Anger Issues) Can someone explain the penalty system to me? (also need advise on emotional regulation)

ClumsyGhost

Inkling
NNID
clumsyghosty
Switch Friend Code
SW-6552-4215-5813
Genuine question, and if you have a negative opinion keep it to yourself. Constructive criticism/advise ONLY.

Anyway, I wanna know how the warning system works on Splatoon, like for example, if you get disconnected multiple times, what are the penalties after specific amounts?

I have serious anger issues (which I'm actually on meds for, but I forgot to take my meds today). I usually grind in turf war for money, but I can barely focus/aim well due to being sleep deprived. I'm just doing it for the money because I want crap from Hotlantis, as well as the gumball machine, as well as Murch stuff.

In the match before my last one I kinda rage quit because the other team was constantly camping in one same spot near our home base and honest to God I'm glad I wasn't near those people in person.

I do have a habit of throwing my controller at my desk, it actually has a few scratches on it because of it and it's brand new.

Either way, I just wanna know how many warnings would I get for going afk and how the penalties would work, depending how much it happens.

I didn't quit in my last match although I still raged. So I kinda don't trust myself in the future, but hopefully I won't have to grind THAT much today, so I can take my meds at the time it's supposed to be and tomorrow will be a much better day.

Disclaimer #1: Sorry if my post sounds a bit aggressive, I copied and pasted from another social I posted it at, and I really dislike some members in that group, that's why I typed it like that. But I have no beef with anyone here so keep that in mind. Thank you in advance.

Disclaimer #2: I have 4 mental disorders (3 from trauma and one genetic), all of them affect my mood directly. I was actually staying at a ward recently for a week, so the meds I'm taking are what's left over from then, because I can not afford therapy whatsoever at the moment. I'm currently on Zoloft. So yes, I'm not exaggerating or "faking it" when I say I have anger issues. And yes, I KNOW I shouldn't play competitive games at all, but I can't help but to really like Splatoon and it's world.

Disclaimer #3: My name tag is Ghosty. If we've played before, and you have blocked me or actually want to block my Nintendo account, please do so, I won't take it personal and tbh you'd be doing me and you a favor.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
From what I know, disconnect penalties start at 5-6 minute bans and increase with each consequent disconnect, and then it drops back to the default after a day or so. However, that's just the automatic ban. It IS possible for Nintendo to manually ban players for much longer. All your actions are visible to every other player via replays and if you're intentionally going afk in matches or disconnecting a lot, if enough people report you the manual bans can occur. I think, Doesn't come up too often honestly.

That said... I know you already mentioned that you shouldn't be playing competitive games, and I kinda have to agree with that. A game like this isn't going to do anything positive for your mental health considering the life situation you described. There's never a guarantee that the other 7 players in any given match are going to let you have a good time. Do what you must, but your post is honestly worrying.

ClumsyGhost

Inkling
NNID
clumsyghosty
Switch Friend Code
SW-6552-4215-5813
From what I know, disconnect penalties start at 5-6 minute bans and increase with each consequent disconnect, and then it drops back to the default after a day or so. However, that's just the automatic ban. It IS possible for Nintendo to manually ban players for much longer. All your actions are visible to every other player via replays and if you're intentionally going afk in matches or disconnecting a lot, if enough people report you the manual bans can occur. I think, Doesn't come up too often honestly.

That said... I know you already mentioned that you shouldn't be playing competitive games, and I kinda have to agree with that. A game like this isn't going to do anything positive for your mental health considering the life situation you described. There's never a guarantee that the other 7 players in any given match are going to let you have a good time. Do what you must, but your post is honestly worrying.
Yeah but Splatoon is literally a hyperfixation of mine (I have ADHD, OCD, BPD, and cPTSD for the record, that's why I'm using that word). I actually hate shooters as a genre, but for some reason I ended up developing a huge obsession with Splatoon and Fortnite, even though I rage on those games often (when not on meds or high, God I really miss my vape, I fregging lost it)
I do have anger issues with other life stuff too but I only asked about Splatoon on here because this is a Splatoon forum after all, and out of all my favorite games this is the one I rage in the most. But I even still raged while playing Stardew Valley (which isn't competitive at ALL, I was pissed because I accidentally lost all my stuff by not returning to the house on time)

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I understand, it’s only to be angry about not being able to demonstrate your skill because of a bad connection. It happens to me too. I enjoy the game myself but it can get very taxing on my body. Sometimes I physically give out with MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom