• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Two Truths and a Lie

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
THATS NOT A REAL ANSWER XD
1?

1. Likes Octolings
2. Sucks at drawing hands
3. Has a good memory
Correct. I haven't yet, but I will :p
Gonna go with 2 as the lie...

1. I have a fear of roller coasters, but I know tons of stats about them
2. Had a friend draw an Undertale version of me drawn
3. I have 5 weapons with over a hundred thousand points of ink turfed

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
#2 is the lie. I played pokemon for a year and didn't finish.

1. I am placed 15th in the USA in my age category in Sport Stacking
2. I have lived in Jamaca(or however you spell it)
3. I can flawlessly do the supersonic speed part of Eminem's Rap God
Nope, #2 is true! My collection spans all the way back to Sapphire Version, and since then I've been fortunate enough to capture just about every Pokemon. The three missing ones are Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, but because Nintendo is doing monthly distributions for Pokemon's 20th anniversary, I'll get these final three in May, July, August, at which point I'll have a complete Dex for the first time!

I'm gonna say #2 is your lie.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Nope, #2 is true! My collection spans all the way back to Sapphire Version, and since then I've been fortunate enough to capture just about every Pokemon. The three missing ones are Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, but because Nintendo is doing monthly distributions for Pokemon's 20th anniversary, I'll get these final three in May, July, August, at which point I'll have a complete Dex for the first time!

I'm gonna say #2 is your lie.
Did you peek up top........

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
Correct. I haven't yet, but I will :p
Gonna go with 2 as the lie...

1. I have a fear of roller coasters, but I know tons of stats about them
2. Had a friend draw an Undertale version of me drawn
3. I have 5 weapons with over a hundred thousand points of ink turfed
My guess is 3?

1. One of my nicknames is "Wireheart" because I literally have wire inside my heart.
2. I try to be the toughest and most feared squid like I have a deathwish on all other squids.
3. I enjoy squid parties, because who doesn't like drawing hearts all over the map with an inkbrush?

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
My guess is 3?

1. One of my nicknames is "Wireheart" because I literally have wire inside my heart.
2. I try to be the toughest and most feared squid like I have a deathwish on all other squids.
3. I enjoy squid parties, because who doesn't like drawing hearts all over the map with an inkbrush?
#3? (I want #1 to be true, I need to hear that story)

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
#3? (I want #1 to be true, I need to hear that story)
Actually, #2 is the lie. I'm not trying to be tough, but I am a fan of spooky-looking things(not gory though). I made my avatar for Squidboards and named my squid "Deathwish" because of my friendly-trolling play-style. I play in a way that looks like my squid's begging to be splatted, yet it's not always easy. I may be feared by some in game, but I probably annoy more players than scare them. I have a competitive sense of humor, so I taunt when I should have been splatted;which sometimes causes entire teams to come after me specifically as if they had a deathwish on the trolling little squid. It makes me laugh when I see 4 squids jumping around and taunting me after I've finally been splatted. Sometimes, I'm the one chasing after a specific squid to avenge the splat of a teammate, and I usually succeed, even if I go down with them. XD Met some fun squids online by becoming "mortal enemies" then "close allies" that way.

Anyways, here's the story behind #1: In high school, I found that I have a special talent for making wire art while messing around with a spool of wire. I began making more sculptures and became well-known for it; even commissioned to sculpt special requests. My nickname became "Keena Ironweaver" after making a dragon out of iron wire to sit rest on my shoulder. When I was asked how I could make such things without having learned from anywhere, I didn't know how to respond, because it just came to me naturally, so someone made a joke and said, "Well, that's just how she's wired." The pun stuck and I was really passionate about making the requests as accurate as possible. However, also at the time, I had a heart murmur. Between the top 2 chambers of the heart, everyone is born with a hole and a flap of flesh that grows and eventually covers that hole. It's meant for blood to pass easier as an infant, but mine never closed. I didn't even know I had that issue until a school nurse pointed out that my heart skipped beats occasionally. To me, it was normal to always have cold hands and feet, and to always feel my heart beating in my chest. My mom was concerned about dark circles forming under my eyes, which she thought was a result of me staying up and playing games all night, which I wasn't. Eventually, we got the full diagnosis with an ultrasound, which was tricky to see because I have a long rib cage, and the doctors told me that my heart would stretch out over time and become weaker due to the blood passing through the hole; in other words, shortening my life span. I was too scared to go with open-heart surgery, so they proposed a procedure in which they'd patch it with a metal mesh, which would be deployed through a tube, which they'd stick through an artery in my leg all the way up to my heart. The thought of it scared me to tears, but over time, I'd get woken up by my heart pounding in my chest in an irregular way. It was getting worse, but after seeing all those TV commercials of failed medical procedures, I thought the "cure" might actually shorten my life even more. An online friend named Destiny talked to me one right when I couldn't sleep, and she told me about her experiences at the hospital over different things. It's true that my condition was minor and rather common, but I'm a coward when it comes to medical things. She told me that someone close to her said, "Just relax, pretend you're someplace else, and let the doctors fix you." If it weren't for Destiny, I may not have gone through with it. Not only was she a great friend, she commissioned a wire angel from me about a year prior, and it was meant for someone she loved.(Still does, and they're happy together.) When I went for another ultrasound, they told me that they can't see my heart too clearly because of my body type, but they got a clearer view and the hole wasn't as big as they'd thought. They had 2 types of patches. One was the metal mesh and the other was a soft, fabric-like material stretched over a ring of titanium wire. During the procedure, they tried the metal mesh first, but it didn't fit right, so they gave the the smaller version and the procedure was a success. When I told Destiny about it, she told me that now people can literally call me "Wire-heart" while I work on the wire sculptures I'm so passionate about. Here is Destiny's angel:

As far as squid parties go, I prefer to play the game the way it's meant to be played, but if everyone just wants to fool around during a regular turf war or private battle, sure, I'll join in for a while. ^^ (Sorry if the reply is overly-wordy, but that's me in a nutshell.)

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
No need to apologize, I enjoyed reading it all! If you don't mind me asking, what's your rank? That playstyle sounds awesome.

I'm glad everything turned out well for you! I don't know if I could be able to think about going into a surgery like that, but then again I get a little queasy about people messing around with my heart or other vital organs. And it goes without saying, but the wire art thing is incredible!

1. I play Mario Kart on a competitive level, such as going to local tournaments.

2. I've been on TV.

3. I have an almost complete amiibo collection.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Both the wire art and the story is amazing!

2? Although I'm mostly thinking 1.

1. I'm Myopic
2. Has a black phone case
3. Has a special edition 3DS
Should've went with your gut. #1 is the lie. That statement would be true if you replaced Mario Kart with Smash Bros. though.

I'm gonna say #2. Seeing as myopia is nearsightedness and your avatar has glasses...and having a special edition 3DS isn't too farfetched seeing as I have one too, as I'm sure a lot of people do too

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
No need to apologize, I enjoyed reading it all! If you don't mind me asking, what's your rank? That playstyle sounds awesome.

I'm glad everything turned out well for you! I don't know if I could be able to think about going into a surgery like that, but then again I get a little queasy about people messing around with my heart or other vital organs. And it goes without saying, but the wire art thing is incredible!

1. I play Mario Kart on a competitive level, such as going to local tournaments.

2. I've been on TV.

3. I have an almost complete amiibo collection.
Thank you. ^-^ I'm currently Rank S(69).

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Should've went with your gut. #1 is the lie. That statement would be true if you replaced Mario Kart with Smash Bros. though.

I'm gonna say #2. Seeing as myopia is nearsightedness and your avatar has glasses...and having a special edition 3DS isn't too farfetched seeing as I have one too, as I'm sure a lot of people do too
You're right! I am myopic, although my avatar isn't me. (I guess she could be if I was an Octoling, but she isn't supposed to be me) I also do have a limited edition 3DS(Dream Team), but my phone case isn't black. It's pink.

1. I procrastinate too much for my own good
2. I watch court shows
3. My hair is red

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
You're right! I am myopic, although my avatar isn't me. (I guess she could be if I was an Octoling, but she isn't supposed to be me) I also do have a limited edition 3DS(Dream Team), but my phone case isn't black. It's pink.

2. I watch court shows
3. My hair is red
Finally I got one right! That's a 3DS XL right? For the record, I have the Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS that came with Ocarina of Time :)

Uhhhhh...#2 again? I'm tempted to say #3 because of what you said about the avatar not being you but I'll take a chance

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622

2. I watch court shows
3. My hair is red
Gonna go with 2, because those things are sooooooo boring.

1. I have never gone down a rank.
2.I had to undergo surgery to unclog my left tearduct.
3. I have gone to 6 countries in less than a year.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Gonna go with 2, because those things are sooooooo boring.

1. I have never gone down a rank.
2.I had to undergo surgery to unclog my left tearduct.
3. I have gone to 6 countries in less than a year.
I say #1 is a lie.

1. I own one of each Nintendo console.
2. My favorite Pokémon type is Fire.
3. I've seen a famous celebrity in person.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
1. I own one of each Nintendo console.
2. My favorite Pokémon type is Fire.
3. I've seen a famous celebrity in person.
Hmm... quite a difficult decision. J'accuse deux! For Nintendo consoles are quite easy to get your hands on. And celebrities are uncommon but quite possible of meet in person.

1. I was a quiet but volcanic kid when I was younger.
2. I have a goldfish, and his name is Leeroy.
3. I was called a liar by a teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom