Update 2.6.0 - Is bomb sniffer worth it?

ECEngineer

Inkling
NNID
ECEngineer
Hey, given the latest update it seems like bomb sniffer might finally be worth using in your ranked build just for the damage reduction. Is anyone using bomb sniffer now in any of their builds?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I plan to try it, but first I need to get my Pro Trail Boots rerolled. (I feel those are going to be the prime choice among the various Bomb Sniffer shoes, what with having a natural affinity for Defense Up.)

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Hey, given the latest update it seems like bomb sniffer might finally be worth using in your ranked build just for the damage reduction. Is anyone using bomb sniffer now in any of their builds?
It's really useful for tanking burst bombs but will still die to splat bombs, suction bombs, seekers, and ink mines if you're in their range. Having it by itself might not work because burst bombers can still 2HKO with direct hits with one damage up main.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's worth having it over abilities.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It won't help that much besides seeing ink mines and maybe save you from 1 indirect burst bomb

ECEngineer

Inkling
NNID
ECEngineer
It's really useful for tanking burst bombs but will still die to splat bombs, suction bombs, seekers, and ink mines if you're in their range. Having it by itself might not work because burst bombers can still 2HKO with direct hits with one damage up main.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's worth having it over abilities.
Oh okay. I thought in the patch notes it said that it reduced all bomb types to less than kill percentage. Thanks!

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
It seems more so depending on event and my weapon of choice. If i am in tower control or splat zone its very useful....especially so for tower control what with the mine laying squids out there. It also seems more useful based off my weapon range. E liters and squelchers not so much but very useful with brushes and rollers. Id imagine itd be useful with a luna blaster if i used one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom