Updating the guides section

Radha

Inkling
I think the lack of ability to upload short clips that embed into the site (at least from what I can tell, please correct me if I'm wrong) is a pretty big obstacle in sharing stuff here. Certain things just need to be visual. I understand hosting videos is out of the question, but surely having them embed is possible? If it was possible I think converting a lot of the resources we currently have on twitter over to here would be much easier

silly

Inkster Jr.
I just finished writing a guide on splattershot builds, I don't have permission to post it in the guide section yet but I would love to make similar build guides for weapons I have extensive experience with. <mostly rollers and shooters>

silly

Inkster Jr.
I think the lack of ability to upload short clips that embed into the site (at least from what I can tell, please correct me if I'm wrong) is a pretty big obstacle in sharing stuff here. Certain things just need to be visual. I understand hosting videos is out of the question, but surely having them embed is possible? If it was possible I think converting a lot of the resources we currently have on twitter over to here would be much easier
I know you at least used to be able to upload and embed Youtube videos, I'd imagine it's still the same? If not that removes a lot of the barrier to entry for video content.

silly

Inkster Jr.
I know you at least used to be able to upload and embed Youtube videos, I'd imagine it's still the same? If not that removes a lot of the barrier to entry for video content.
also this thread is six years old lmao 😭"

EDIT: I'm stupid and tired

Last edited:

SporeCloud

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3677-1552-8016
from what I have seen you are able to embed YouTube videos into messages here, so this would be very doable

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
I write guides on gamefaqs.com under my Itchy.Oliver alias. They are all written texts. I have a link in a previous thread in the general Splatoon 3 forum

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
from what I have seen you are able to embed YouTube videos into messages here, so this would be very doable
I was about to say, it should be possible to embed YouTube videos. The following should work, and below is the result.

Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]T2DgJWECCZ8[/MEDIA]

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Also: Not sure what policies have been in the past and I'm not sure if @Setu has any other thoughts, but personally I'd be totally cool seeing brief descriptors of the guides and links to external places posted on those boards, whether that be YouTube embeds or otherwise. I would probably ask though that it comes from the person who originally created the guide.

Ace Emerald

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8073-0984-7507
Please let me info dump about my special interest weapons, I've written competitive guides for other sites it'll be good I promise

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Bumping this again for when the NA folks get off work.

100% we need to get as many resources living here as possible, not just pointing to diff documents. Like guides about modes, guides about decision-making, guides about weapons obvi, and general resources and guides for how to get into the scene.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Best use of someone's time: would anybody like to do a guide on how to use sendouq? That sounds like it could be an incredibly useful one if done well.
Please feel free to reach out to me on here or discord if anybody needs clarification on the ranking system SendouQ uses if anyone is willing to take this up. I can give excruciating detail on how it works

silly

Inkster Jr.
Best use of someone's time: would anybody like to do a guide on how to use sendouq? That sounds like it could be an incredibly useful one if done well.
I have some time later tonight, I could definitely write up a guide for how to use SendouQ. iirc Chara has a good guide on Youtube as well.

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
Bumping this again for when the NA folks get off work.

100% we need to get as many resources living here as possible, not just pointing to diff documents. Like guides about modes, guides about decision-making, guides about weapons obvi, and general resources and guides for how to get into the scene.
yeah, that’s one of the main reasons that people have moved to squidboards in the first place so it’s important to work on it… it would be a huge help for everyone (not like i have much advice to give, myself, except maybe about starting a team but then again kale da wail’s videos exist)

SnowySprig

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0314-4656-5125
gonna bump this again, cus i agree! im confident in my own knowledge in the specific areas i have a large interest in--mostly splatlings, decision-making, general team coordination, and a few odds-and-ends here and there--so i'd love to given some information and insight into those things. i'd have to get used to the format, and find time between uni to work on them, but for sure something that needs to be done to give the website more of a selling point.

zyf_

Pro Squid
People love talking about weapons and gear and whatnot and that's all well and good but as far as competitive resources go I think the biggest holes are guides about
1) detailed observations and info about how to play every map-mode
2) discussions on important concepts and how they're applied in game (my long guide goes over some, but there's a lot missing: sharking, when and how to paint, details about special coordination, and I'm forgetting other ones right now that I considered putting in my long doc series but didn't because I wanted to keep it at least possible to read and finish)

Personally the next long doc sequence I'd want to write is about fighting/combat in general, because I feel like a lot of people don't know how to fight -- prefiring and pre-aiming, sharking, using small bits of geometry and right-side peeking, playing your range correctly and spacing people, reading enemy movement, making sure you have enough paint to move around, when (not) to jump, using high ground correctly (including don't challenge rollers at ledges)
+ good aimdrills

the problem is that I suck mechanically and combat-wise relative to like
everyone around my level
and am still learning stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom