• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

US Halloween Splatfest

Vampire or Werewolf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyan

Inkling Commander
The American Splatfest has just been announced, it's Halloween themed (as we all expected) and the choices are as seen here:

Now it doesn't give you the exact question, so my guess is it'll ask you whether you'd rather be a Vampire or a Werewolf, but it could be would you rather dress up as one. Nevertheless this is a thread to discuss the theme, pick sides, theorise which will be more popular and discuss the events of the Splatfest as it starts and unravels.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I shall be going vampire, simply because vampires are much, much stranger the world over. An eternal favorite of mine will be the Loogaroo, from Haiti. It's a female vampire with no skin who flies around with armpit and butt jets and turkey wings, and can suck blood with a straw or by turning into an insect. You can't make this stuff up! :D
vamp-loogaroo.jpg

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Whichever side the skeletons pledge allegiance too.

Probably vampire if I'm being serious. One: purple is my favorite color. Two: because werewolves are half dog. Therefore the dog people from that splatfest. Three: I think my old account was once named zubattalion, so must represent batkind.

R

RandomSquid

Prepare for the Twilight memes/references to start rolling in...

Team Edward v. Team Jacob
gag

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Initially I wasn't feeling strongly about the theme until a friend of mine reminded me about all the vampire stuff in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Soooooooooooo no question, team Vampire. Bonus points for being Pearl's team. It will probably be less popular which likely means a win and a few extra snails. :p

Hopefully if Pearl wins, she can say it was useless (multiple times) to think you could beat her team.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'll be going Team Vampire for this one. I tend to like Vampires more in most of the games I play. I play Magic: the Gathering from time to time, and about 7 years or so back, during the Zendikar block, I had a killer vampire deck that was pretty much untouchable. I also loved vampires back when I used to play Blood Bowl, even though they were kinda ****. I never won much with them, but they were more interesting to play than most other teams.

I shall be going vampire, simply because vampires are much, much stranger the world over. An eternal favorite of mine will be the Loogaroo, from Haiti. It's a female vampire with no skin who flies around with armpit and butt jets and turkey wings, and can suck blood with a straw or by turning into an insect. You can't make this stuff up! :D
This too. There's a lot more variety in vampire lore around the world, and that makes them a lot more interesting. There's a vampire-like creature in Australian Aboriginal mythology called the Yara-ma-yha-who. It resembles a small, red man with a big head, a large toothless mouth, and suckers on the tips of its fingers and toes. It's said to lurk in fig trees and pounce on those who rest beneath them. After using the suckers on its fingers and toes to drain the victim's blood, it swallows them whole and takes a nap. When it wakes up it regurgitates the victim, then swallows them again. Each time it does this, the victim gets smaller and their skin gets redder until they're eventually turned into a Yara-ma-yha-who themselves.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This too. There's a lot more variety in vampire lore around the world, and that makes them a lot more interesting. There's a vampire-like creature in Australian Aboriginal mythology called the Yara-ma-yha-who. It resembles a small, red man with a big head, a large toothless mouth, and suckers on the tips of its fingers and toes. It's said to lurk in fig trees and pounce on those who rest beneath them. After using the suckers on its fingers and toes to drain the victim's blood, it swallows them whole and takes a nap. When it wakes up it regurgitates the victim, then swallows them again. Each time it does this, the victim gets smaller and their skin gets redder until they're eventually turned into a Yara-ma-yha-who themselves.
Exactly! And then you have delightfully offbeat vampires like the Penanggalan from Malaysia, which literally translates as "head with dancing entrails", a perfectly apt description. I find this type of folklore far more interesting than that surrounding werewolves :D

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
IDK, they are both cool!

Help me, I need some convincing and persuading.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Great that it is Halloween themed, but I don't particulary care for either. Probably just gonna go vampire cause idk, I've seen them more I guess. :L

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I'm still on the fence with this, but I might end up picking team Vampires just for the reference of the Darkest Dungeon Crimson Cort DLC (and if I could draw I would most defiantly make a reference to said game)...

iced potato

Senior Squid
What team do I pick? I feel completely indifferent towards vampires and werewolves, the colours purple and orange and with Pearl and Marina I don't really favor one over the other.

Why couldn't one of the choices have been creepy ghosts or spooky skeletons? That would have made it so much easier to pick a team. Better yet, why does Oceania get America's Splatfests now instead of Europe's? I'd rather be in the toilet paper Splatfest since Halloween doesn't really mean much over here. The 31st is actually my birthday.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
On the one hand:

Is this where I admit to reading & liking the entire book series as a kid? Nah, that can wait for another day.

On the other hand:

Sadly, I rarely see that many kids going as the good Count these days. I guess people forgot vampires can be badass.

Although...

♪Screeeams break the si-lence! Waking from the dead of niiight! Veeengeance is boi-ling! He's returned to kill the liiight!♪

Yeah, I think I'll vote Werewolves on this one. Possibly the quickest Splatfest decision I've ever made (and one I'll probably regret), but whatevs. Not like I'm missing out on too many Sea Snails if I lose anyhow.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Vampires:
Pros:
Can transform whenever
Immortal
Have fancy suits

Cons:
Die by Sun
Die by Garlic
Die by Stakes

Werewolves:
Pros:
Look really cool and buff
Is really strong
Can be cute

Cons:
Can't transform whenever they want
Aren't immortal
Be really hairy

I don't know what to pick, Pearl and Marina's dialogue didn't help, so please, can someone just help me?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
When I first saw the theme, I cringed a little bit because I instantly thought of Twilight. Then I realized it's a pretty common comparison. Twilight scarred an entire generation for life.

I'm not too into either choices, but I guess I'll go Vampire. Besides weaknesses, Vampires have too many things going for them.

Remember last Splatfest that was Flight vs. Invisibility? Why choose when you can have both?! Vampires usually have both powers, and more neat powers. Top tier strength, immortality, and DEATH BEAMS! Werewolves turn into furries one night a month.....

One deciding factor might be favorite characters. Vampires are so common in fiction that everyone has to have atleast one Vampire character they like. On the top of my head, I can think of the Scarlet sisters, Dio, Rachael, and Arcueid. For werewolves....uhhhhhhhh.....Sonic could turn into a werewolf at one point? The Hulk is kinda like one. Let's call The Hulk a werewolf out of pity.

Then there's "Which would you rather dress up as." Well I know of one group of people who will choose Werewolf without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom