• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

US Halloween Splatfest

Vampire or Werewolf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Guys the furries are back on not miiverse. If that helps make your decision easier.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Trying to decide, but all I can manage is recall the copious amounts of vampire and shifter (were-anything) "romance" fiction I've been exposed to—don't ask!!! And it makes me want to just curl up into fetal position and recite the Metal Gear "why are we still here" meme!

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I've been trying to decide this one for a while. I lost the last Splatfest, so I want to make an informed decision. But I also want to farm that Splatfest tee for those sweet, sweet ability chunks! I feel as though Marina is due to win a Splatfest, but I like Vampires just a bit better than I do Werewolves. Curse my decision making process!

On the point of weird Vampires from other cultures, don't forget about the Jiang Shi!

Raxel920

Full Squid
For all the furry jokers out there in the plaza, I would like to remind you that vampires are bat furries.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
But bats are half fur and skin because of their wings.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Guys the furries are back on not miiverse. If that helps make your decision easier.
So what you're saying is I should choose team were-furry then? . . .ok!
For all the furry jokers out there in the plaza, I would like to remind you that vampires are bat furries.
ARGH!! Now I'm back to square one!

Quick, which was has the better... "romance" fiction? I'll choose by that manner! /s?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
The literary OG work of Dracula? Uh~... you could probably make an argument for it being gothic romance somehow, but I have a hard time calling it one. *shrug*

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Please... I got three words:

PRAISE.
THE.
SUN.

Actually, I only just barely started Dark souls, and didn't get far because my controls were all messed up. Every time I came across those instructions written on the ground, I had to check the settings to see what the relevant control actually was. Thanks a lot, steam.

Also, it's kind of a stretch, because Werewolves aren't associated with sunlight- the only connection is that the opposite team is known to hate sunlight. Still, if you don't really care either way, this could be a factor.

...Wow, I'm late to the party, aren't I? Ah, well... at least I got my two bits in before the end.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm on team Vamp, and while there have been some mirror matches I've mostly faced Wolves, so perhaps the popularity vote could actually go either way. What have Team wolf people experienced?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I think Marina is upset.

Why else would she put up that stupid wall to keep out the bad guys and make the octarians pay for other than to share her pain? Darlin', you did good with such a horror show of a stage fit for this month's theme! But for the next two month, how about a pair of Shifty Stations that make us grateful and merry, yeah?

Anyway, after a rough team session to royalty I decided—against any and all better judgement—to play solo... yep... some day I'll look back on it and laugh, just not today.

20 wins... out of 51 matches.

Maybe more than half of those wins being mirror matches—can't tell because the app is lousy! I plummeted faster than a stage dive by 200 points in both personal and team splatfest power and regained less than 50 points.

Problem is—other than I'm going to sound like some gamefaqs poster—my matches weren't difficult, it's just many of my teammates and opponents weren't on par to what I'm accustomed to. The exemplar of my experience is spending almost twenty seconds jumping, running, and twirling in front of a charger on a ledge who just stood there trying to shoot at me... while my teammate was trying to shoot them, the entire time. I was eventually splatted because I gave up and shot at my teammate and the charger took us both out.

Around match 30-something I gave up on any useful weapon and just went bamboolzer the entire time. And most of my matches where somehow bamboolzer pub-stompings. Seriously, how the hell am I winning 1v4s and 1v3s and 1v2s with a friggin' bamboolzer, or winning cqc fights with a curling bomb, or tenta missile wiping entire teams, or being the team's top inker with a bamboozler and still manage to lose?!

(ノಥДಥ)ノ︵ /(.□ . \)/(.□ . \)/(.□ . \)

Eventually I'll glance back on this nonsense and laugh. Just not today.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
I'm on team Vamp, and while there have been some mirror matches I've mostly faced Wolves, so perhaps the popularity vote could actually go either way. What have Team wolf people experienced?
Made it to king and haven't faced a single mirror match against wolfs.

This splat fest sorta came and went for me....not really a fan of the shifty station but I got some fun out of the dapples for now. I've played for my gf before doing my run. If anything, most people overextend and all rush in into the enemy base and get wiped. Then the turf war goes south from there. The shifty station plays a big part in staying back and paying attention. Was an ok fest I guess.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
We dogs of war now boys.

Despite a good amount of losses on my end, I felt Werewolves were dominating the scene. I've had exactly one mirror match, and it was against a team that clearly knew what it was doing.

I played a few matches with the Forge Pro and then did a few more with the Krak-On before finally settling on the trusty Sploosh. Overall, this one felt really enjoyable. Now to wait for the results...

Raxel920

Full Squid
Am I the only one that liked the shifty station? Yeah, it could have been better, but it wasn't bad.

No mirror matches for me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom