• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

...Veemo?

Gab1bb0

Inkling
NNID
Emii900
Switch Friend Code
SW-3358-8459-2590
Hi!
I'm a 24 years old guy from Italy. Splatoon intrigued me since I saw its first trailer because I enjoy the concept of shooting games (at Middle School I had many amazing nights playing Halo Reach and then Halo 4 with my neighbors) but I no longer have IRL friends to regularly play them and online communities of these game tends to have a very serious and "militaristic" mood which always put me off while Splatoon always felt more easy going. At time I didn't had a WiiU and despite having money saved I was too cheap to buy one so in the end I skipped the game (and I regret doing that), later in 2018 I've got a Switch but at time I was very busy so I decided to skip the game again because I felt that with an ongoing work apprenticeship and guitar learning I lacked the mental bandwidth for a competitive game. Finally in 2022 I bought a bundle with Splatoon 2 + Octo Expanion and I loved it from the first shot, what surprised me is that it's fresh and modern while it still gives me the familiar and comforting feel which I usually get from Nintendo games. Later I bought Splatoon 3 and I'm enjoying it, sadly I'm not consistent in playing it as I'd like to be (for example in the first days of May I reached a freshness of 15 with my main weapon but then I had an hard and important work project which drained my energies causing me to play little and bad with a consequent drop of freshness from 15 to 2.5) but I'm taking it easy and having a good time.

What I mostly love of Splatoon is that it combines all the things I search in a game: a strong multiplayer/social aspect, good music, a pleasant and peculiar artstyle, a nice world building, a lighthearted mood (I tend to get bored with excessively dramatic games, when I play I prefer cheerful stuff, not "virtual dystopias"), quick and action packed matches and low/no grinding.

Vin_MD

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4709-4096-5597
Welcome! Any and all questions you have can be answered here. We're here to help in your splatoon journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom