• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ver. 2.1.0 Inbound September 2nd

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Good fixes, but still no rectification of BlackBelly and Rainmaker lag is unfortunate. Also @NWPlayer123 I can't wait to see what you find, keep up the good work!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I wasn't even aware of the wall clip, but I'm glad they're patching this along with other bugs encountered. 598MB sounds too much, though.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Interesting. So we might get maps at a mining quarry and an office building. No idea what Pivot and Hiagari would be, though I bet we might get more info the closer we get to their release.
Pivot definitely has doors of some sort in it, it's the most ambiguous one besides Quarry. Higari, judging by the object list provided is a beach or somewhere in the ocean.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Pivot definitely has doors of some sort in it, it's the most ambiguous one besides Quarry. Higari, judging by the object list provided is a beach or somewhere in the ocean.
Hmm, that'll be an interesting one.

Of course, I still wish they had a map taking place on top of one of those ships you see at Port Mackerel and sometimes Bluefin Depot. That would be an interesting map to fight on.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
"Hiagari" is a verb in Japanese meaning to dry up, evaporate, or parch. Hopefully, that can provide a clue as to what it is. (My guess is that it's a dried-up lakebed.)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Don't get your hopes up. The patch only added about 1MB to the update data.
At least I can finally try out Triggerfish for the first time.

D

Deleted Member

So did the update change anything that wasn't mentioned in the change log?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
"Hiagari" is a verb in Japanese meaning to dry up, evaporate, or parch. Hopefully, that can provide a clue as to what it is. (My guess is that it's a dried-up lakebed.)
Well then that seems to go more with NWPlayer's theory that it's a map based around changing tides, especially with that object "OceanSystem" and "Lft_HigariFloat".

So did the update change anything that wasn't mentioned in the change log?
Not right now, NWPlayer said on their twitter that Nintendo's probably holding back some of the content due to their ruthless leaking.
Although they clearly changed something that accidentally set the event of new gear being added into the game, despite that not being the case.

EDIT:Whoops, double posted. Mods fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Wonder if the 干上がり map will have a dynamic water system wherein water dries up after a certain amount of time and makes more areas available, a bit like the flood gates in camp triggerfish

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They're all on my Twitter.
What is interesting to me is the one mentioning a propeller base (Single player objects getting into maps?!?) and the fact that when I look up 'Ashiba' I get pictures of scaffolding and construction sites which fits Splatoon's setting. I am hoping 'Pivot' is a carnival/theme park with a bunch of moving platforms or a spinning carousel in the middle or something since they had the carnival assets in the single player campaign.

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
i wonder what they could add in a 3.0 update

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom