Version 1.3 Coming July 1st

Xeiros

Senior Squid

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html

Ver. 1.3.0 [2015.7.1 delivery schedule]

The updates are planned the following.

Modification of Fes
- Partner not found a team of, may take time to match, play in the same team each other was to be performed.
%u203B In the case of play in the same team together, it will be able to win the festival point.
%u203B in Fes of the final result, only the match result of the opposing team will be reflected.
Festival If you began the software prior to the start time, depending on the body, has been adjusted so that it can participate in the festival from up to five minutes before the start time. (To the start time, you can participate in all of the body)
%u203B It is the purpose of festival immediately after the start of congestion relief.
- In the case of voting the team loses, we have increased the number of super turban to get to when you are getting the title of the "charisma", "forever" in the festival.

Adjustment of Special Weapon
Inkstrike: when using, big difference has been fixed that occur in the area to be covered by the location of the landing.
- Kraken: If you received an opponent attack in use, was to be played strongly than ever before.

The adjustment of the gear power
- Ninja Squid: Slowing movement speed in ink further
- Stealth Jump: Time to super jump increased
- Ink-Resist Shoes: Reduced effectiveness

Other
- As you can play comfortably in customers, Fixed some game content.
%u203B To do Internet play, update data (Ver. 1.3.0) is mandatory.

Last edited:

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I suppose Giant Squid is Kraken and Tornado is Inkstrike. And if I'm intrepreting the Google translate correctly they buffed kraken? and I suppose the fix on the inkstrike is because it seems random how much area is covered right now (sometimes it paints a lot, others not much, I thought maybe it was because of duration up or something)

Not sure if the abilities changes are buffs or nerfs based on google translate either, wish I understood japanese now :confused:

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
looks like ink resist up was buffed

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I really like Ink Resistance, hope the nerf isn't too strong, making Ninja Squid slower makes me sure I'll not go back to it again either, really liked it at first, but haven't been using it that much now.

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
An easier to understand translation from GAF user Jintor:

- Patch incoming on the 1st of July
- Something about matchmaking when taking a long time during the Fests. This section I kinda skipped over.
- Special Tuning:- Inkstrike: Some kind of change to the impact area... not sure if it's too big or too small, lmao. (Think it might be too big atm?)
- Kraken: When firing on kraken, (I think this means the knockback effect will be stronger against Krakens)- Gear Power- Ninja Squid: Slowing movement speed in ink further
- Stealth Jump: Time to super jump increased
- Ink-Resist Shoes: Reduced effectiveness- Other: Other things to ensure a pleasant user experience

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I've read up the source, and while I do agree they nerfed Stealth Jump and Ninja Squid I don't think they actually nerfed Ink Resistance Up. I'm pretty sure it says they've reduced the damage and the slowing effect enemy ink has on your speed, not simply "reduced effectiveness".

Otherwise, I'm pretty glad they've taken steps to ensure that auto-matchmaking will go much more smoothly than before. Especially in the Splatfest, since I'd rather fight a team supporting what I voted for rather than wait for the opposing choice to show up!

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I've read up the source, and while I do agree they nerfed Stealth Jump and Ninja Squid I don't think they actually nerfed Ink Resistance Up. I'm pretty sure it says they've reduced the damage and the slowing effect enemy ink has on your speed, not simply "reduced effectiveness".
Yeah, I saw on Reddit that it was worded weirdly. I hope it's not a nerf.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
First off. HOLY **** PATCH NOTES! :D

Next off, the nerfs were justified, (I don't get what they did to inkstrike though). Everyone was using those abilities all the time. The fact that everyone was complaining it about it in the reddit thread shows as much.

The ink resistance was way too centralized. Centralization is the worst kind of thing in these kinds of games. There was no reason NOT to use it. It was just that good. Now hopefully people can still consider using it, but with other abilities in mind.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I'm glad Ink Res is getting nerfed, I hope Tenacity is next on the list.
I can see the Inkstrike getting a nerf since one strike is all it takes to neutralize a Splat Zone.
Overall this is nothing but good news, along with more updates, thing will be kept in order, I'm excited.

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Gonna miss you Ink boots, you were so, so, so good. The star that shines twice as bright burns half as long. Ninty has upended the tea table.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I can see the Inkstrike getting a nerf since one strike is all it takes to neutralize a Splat Zone.
Overall this is nothing but good news, along with more updates, thing will be kept in order, I'm excited.
how is Tenacity even OP

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
how is Tenacity even OP
That's exactly what I'm wondering. It doesn't even seem OP at all. Maybe with certain weapons it could be, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Also, Tenacity only activates when you're at a disadvantage, so how could it be bad? Furthermore, Tenacity only works if you're inking turf since it doesn't fill up automatically.

Still, I'd like to know in what way it is OP as Pivi stated. I need to know what seems OP about it.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
That's exactly what I'm wondering. It doesn't even seem OP at all. Maybe with certain weapons it could be, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Also, Tenacity only activates when you're at a disadvantage, so how could it be bad? Furthermore, Tenacity only works if you're inking turf since it doesn't fill up automatically.

Still, I'd like to know in what way it is OP as Pivi stated. I need to know what seems OP about it.
Not to mention it hardly does anything if just one of your teammates are down

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The main reason though that tenacity shouldn't be nerfed is because it isn't centralized. Even if was super powerful, people aren't flocking to it. Therefore, there are no results. Results matter more than theory.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
RIP GOLDEN AGE OF SPLATOON

Kraken nerf is good
Ink Strike will probably be slower or 20-50% smaller
Ink Resist will probably be 30-50% instead of 80%

;-;7

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Because of the crappy translation I can't really tell what's been nerfed and buffed. Would agree with a nerf to the Kraken though.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ink Strike will probably be slower or 20-50% smaller
Ink strike wasn't nerfed. Rather it was readjusted. It used to work differently depending on the area it was used in. Now it is more consistent. So depending on what that means, it could be both a buff and a nerf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom