Voting Thread

honchandesu

Inkling
NNID
honchandesu
I would say that we may be able to tentatively enter Booyah Battle and sign up for King of the Valley simultaneously. After 2-3 practice sessions, we can try out our initial ideas in Booyah Battle, and refine and learn for King of the Valley. The aim for Booyah Battle wouldn't be to win necessarily (would be nice :D), but to experiment against other super organised teams. I guess it depends on how much time people have :3

Rowanuki

Inkling
NNID
Rowan12
Uhh, I'm not too sure to be honest...probably the tournament jitters talking but I wonder if I'm good enough to be tournament-ready. I guess I'll pick King of the Valley, gives us more time to practice.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
OK everyone, big decision to make here:
What should the squad's first tournament appearance be? We have three options that I am considering at the moment:

1. Messtival 2: http://squidboards.com/threads/messtival-2-saturday-7-november-2015.10613/

Messtival 2 will be on next weekend, so this would likely be a baptism of fire-coloured ink for our squad. This one is taking place on 7th of November.

2. Booyah Battle 4: http://squidboards.com/threads/booyah-battle-4.10604/

This one is a little bit more ideal because of the date: 14th of November. This one will be more competitive though, so we will need to have our S-games on.

3. King of the Valley: http://squidboards.com/threads/king-of-the-valley.9913/

This one is the most ideal in terms of time, because it's date hasn't been announced, which means it is at least 2-3 weeks away. It is being organised by the 8-bit Squids, who I recently signed on with as one of our future scrimmage partners. It will give us ample time to prepare and really make a bang on the competitive scene.

Let me know what you guys think, please get back with a reply to this thread ASAP so we mods can begin planning.

NOTE: Only those who names are listed on this spreadsheet are permitted to vote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lznl2-_RaJ7PvszHsWgTqL2gZ6B2Qk1YT8uNI0GYECc/edit?usp=sharing
You've been finfing future scrimmage partners?! DAMN ICKY!

Anyways, Booyah Battle 4 and King of the Valley for me. Booyah Battle because why not and King of The Valley because we can take what we've learned in Booyah Battle 4 and other stuff and git gud.

TashiSheep

Inkling
NNID
TashiSheep
Thanks Tashi, just letting you guys know that i don't want to scare you with Booyah Battle 4, it's not the MLG of Splatoon. Only around 1/4 of the teams competing have a skill level greater than average S ranks i.e. we're more than capable of taking it to them. Also Tashi, Booyah Battle's have a small prize pool of around $50-100 US, and no entry fee either, another thing to keep in mind guys.
Ok that sounds good.

Saywhat

Inkling
NNID
Sayhuh
I would say that we may be able to tentatively enter Booyah Battle and sign up for King of the Valley simultaneously. After 2-3 practice sessions, we can try out our initial ideas in Booyah Battle, and refine and learn for King of the Valley. The aim for Booyah Battle wouldn't be to win necessarily (would be nice :D), but to experiment against other super organised teams. I guess it depends on how much time people have :3
This ^, my feelings exactly.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
This is precisely my line of thinking too, we aren't likely to go higher than 16th in these tournaments, but it's important that we break the ice and get better. We also need to figure out how we work as a team, so there's that too.

Messtival is off the radar now, i couldn't compete anyways because there's Europe's Splatfest on that weekend.

NNID
Derpson42
Hmm....King of the Valley.We all need lots of time to practice,so if we had chosen the others,thats abouf maybe 3 or 8 days of practice.Not much,so King Of The Valley is a better choice.

Sorry for being gone yesterday,doctors appointment after school left my parents with no time to bring me home,so we went straight to the bowling alley.

TashiSheep

Inkling
NNID
TashiSheep
Pffft, nothing worse than when people like me put the bumpers away, and get 9 pins with some nice Brooklyn swing....and then a 5 year old gets strike by using bumpers like a pinball machine :/......
Haha when my little sis gets invited to bowling parties, I do a really fast and straight roll and sometimes only get 4 knocked down. Then the little kid has the bowl roll really slowly, and get like 8 or a strike. What the hell

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
I think most people want Booyah Battle then King of Valley.

Damn the Australian Internet, played 5 games in a row and disconnected on every one
That seems to be the case, and i'm glad. I'll make all the big announcements tomorrow when i've finished my assignment:

1. Kewl Kids n Squids announcement;
2. Tournaments for Splat-Squad; and
3. First scrimmages with 8-bit Squids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom