• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

wait screen is almost a cool special actually

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i know everyone is talking about the new update right now but i had an interesting interaction yesterday
usually i say screen doesnt actually deliver on its concept of disorienting the enemy, because most of the time you can just see the difference of ink colors still which means the effect just doesn’t do anything. however, yesterday (before the patch) i guess it was my first time playing against screen on that particular color combo (blue and orange) and i genuinely could not tell the difference. at the same time, i used my zipcaster and a teammate and an enemy used strikes, so i was just zipping around like a maniac 100% out of control and completely confused on what to do. that was genuinely a cool and chaotic moment where screen actually had an impact and its cool concept actually really worked. i wish that it worked like that no matter the ink color combo, because that would mean this kind of interaction can happen more often and not based on something you cant control and on luck. if it got buffed to not only darken your vision and desaturate it, but also change the ink colors to be the same while you have the effect, it would get rid of that problem. it would also be nice if teammates can see through it because then it would actually allow your team to use it more tactically, like how they describe it in their post describing the special. i have always thought these are the buffs it needs, this interaction i had doesn’t change that. it just reinforces the idea that if they did buff it this way it would make the special really cool and actually work. the only other problem with it is that you don’t actually feel the effects of your screen making an impact, only the enemies do, so being able to see through it would let you use it in a cool way other than just throwing it.

im so sad that all it got was a +10 damage buff this patch, which can still easily be negated with a squid roll. i was wondering if i should do a poll on if you think screen can be cool but it’s too vague and i like reading what people think better than seeing number go up or down

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Screen gives me a headache so I just try to avoid it at all costs

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
Screen gives me a headache so I just try to avoid it at all costs
is the vision part still bad? for me it’s just the noise
i hope they do fix the rest of the accessibility issues, but i don’t think they will, which is why i didn’t even mention it

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Screen is a very interesting bad special because we've identified its problems and know how it could be fixed.
I hope that Nintendo is able to realize some of its potential in the last few patches.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
yea, i got splatted by it just from walking through it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom