Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
my school ends June 6th ;(
lucky mine ends June 7th, also @a hot mess I am failing school too, (kind of, I have two classes that I am not) so it looks like I might spend my summer in summer school unless I can persuade my parents not to take me to summer school, also I've never been to summer school before and it will probably be torture for me, because I have a boat and I want to go tubing on my boat during the summer and play S3

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
summer /neg
i mean i love the break but i hate the season
wdym, Summer is the best time to go to amusement parks, the Beach, water parks, to touch grass, and to go to malls and just buy a lot of crap there.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Mixed feelings on summer here. When you have a day job and don't get a break, it's kind of just the time of year where all the public places are extra crowded during the day. When I worked in retail it was the worst but at least I'm not in retail anymore. I don't handle heat well so that part's kind of meh, but since I moved to the northeast the unbearable heat usually only lasts for a few weeks and the rest is manageable. Plus the winters are so long here that even when the heat is atrocious you kind of still have to appreciate the sun (I love the snow and cold-temperature part of winter but oh lord without my sun-lamp I would probably wither and die). There are times that I very-briefly miss southern summers just because the intensity of the sun is so much higher than we ever get up here and I associate that feeling with childhood and having more carefree days.

Which brings me to why ultimately I still like summer: all the positive memories attached to it. The timeless feeling I would get during summer break as a kid is one that I seek so badly to recapture in adulthood. It's so priceless, the feeling that there's nothing that you have to worry about doing in the near future and you have time to start ambitious projects and entertain wild, explorative ideas and you don't the need to prioritize those activities relative to others because it's not like you only have 3 hours max of time to yourself each day and you have to choose only the most 'worthwhile' things to spend your time on.

That summerlike timeless feeling is still one of my favorite in the whole world. And sometimes in the summer I still manage to find that state of mind again despite actual circumstances not actually supporting it, and it really is just the best thing.

ANYWAY good luck on your finals and such!

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
thx, not gonna be active on squid boards due to deleting data for a lot of things

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
i can understand why people don’t like the heat in summer, but i love going to partys, the beach etc

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
best part about summer is:

a. no school
b. FREEDOMMMMMM
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! (But wait what if you failed school, doesn't that mean you have to do summer school?)

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
well I didn't fail school so I am good for now

not to brag but I have a 121 in science

neonscreenlight

Pro Squid
i can understand why people don’t like the heat in summer, but i love going to partys, the beach etc
it's not necessarily just the heat for me, i also hate wearing sunscreen 'cause i don't like how it feels on my skin, i get sunburns all the time due to my... light complexion, the sun is so bright all the time oh my god, and i can never find a good way to cool down

so i usually end a day outside in the summer feeling terrible

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
that is true, I HATE SUNSCREEN

spray on sunscreen, American sunscreen, Korean sunscreen, pasty sunscreen, baby sunscreen

I HATE THEM ALL
well maybe not Korean sunscreen its so smooth and nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom