we need a new mode.

raltsi

Inkling
im def surprised that there hasnt been a new ranked mode in 3 so far, big run and king salmonids are fun but vs online has been dead in the water for a *while*

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
i think 5 ranked modes would be too much for anyone who wants to take the game seriously. at the end of s2, there was already nearly 100 map mode combinations, which is already a ton to try and learn. i would be open to them replacing a ranked mode with another in a new game, maybe another non ranked mode like salmon run

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
If they can come up with a really good idea I might be open to it, but I haven't heard any ideas that have sold me on it. If it's just adding another ranked mode for the sake of having another ranked mode, that's the wrong reason to do it.

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
tbh its ok to start finding a game boring... i dont necessarily think that if a game becomes boring it's because they should be adding more things. i don't want splatoon to become so oversaturated w/ content thats its hard to navigate or get into. if you're really that bored i would try picking up a new weapon or two

DeirdreMega

Inkling
I was nearing that point, but then I played Tableturf Battle and obsessed over that for like a week lmao. Since then, I’ve been trying to collect Sheldon Licenses from every weapon to use the Shell-Out Machine more. As someone who hadn’t experimented that much with a wide variety of weapons, I think it’s a lot of fun! I’ve mainly been playing Turf War while testing new weapons, but there have definitely been a few that tempted me to bring them into Ranked as well. The whole thing with the Sheldon Licenses has kind of a completionist feel to it, which some players may appreciate.

Other than that, we do have Side Order to look forward to. And if that’s not up your alley… Well, I do think it would be particularly hilarious for them to bring back the Splatoon 1 Battle Dojo but with online play, where you just 1v1 people in popping balloons. >:]

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I would really like a new ranked mode but considering this is the same team who designed reefslider, the new splatoon 3 maps, and weapon kits I don't have a lot of confidence in whatever idea they'd come up with.

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
I'd much rather them bring back shifty-station-esque changes to turf war to make it feel a little more competitively fair, like that one map with the domes that closed off parts of the map after certain amounts of time. Probably wouldn't be in comp but it'd give comp players a reason to care even a little bit about the game's main mode.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't think that's going to change the minds of anyone who doesn't like Turf War. It certainly doesn't interest me in the slightest.

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
I don't think that's going to change the minds of anyone who doesn't like Turf War. It certainly doesn't interest me in the slightest.
I'm not saying to bring back that specifically, but some change to turf war to make it feel a little balanced would go a long way. Adding a 5th ranked mode when there's already one we neglect feels like clutter.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
personally I think Turf War is a good mode for people that want a basic simple mode, and the 4 ranked modes are nearly perfect as is, with my only personal gripes being wanting to adjust minute things about them. I don't think the game needs a 5th mode.

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
Hard agree. I'm pretty sure there have been unused modes in the files. I don't know what the devs are waiting for, we need a new mode because, as much as I love the ones we currently have, they can become stale after a while

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i’m not opposed to a new ranked mode, but i feel like it’d be cool if there was another casual pvp mode. feels weird that there’s only one kind of “Regular Battle,” y’know? and personally, i find turf war a little boring to play without friends (no hate to it/any turf enjoyers! i’ve just kind of lost interest in it personally), so it’d be nice to have a different mode i could play for fun/try new weapons in without any rank points resting on it.

no idea what that second casual mode would look like, though…

Ravioli

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7782-9746-0979
Maybe they could make some kind of new mode based on the roguelike elements of Side Order?

Kris?

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
I totally agree.
5 wouldn’t be too many. I think one more mode would make things feel fresh for a good while, and add some more variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom