• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

We need shouts other than "Booyah" and "C'mon"!

CyrTheRaven

Inkling
NNID
CyrWoods
Since there's no voice chat, we have to rely on these two shouts. I usually say "c'mon!" when I want people to come to me, like when i'm on the tower on Tower Control (or when I believe in a comeback :p), and "booyah!" when someone kills me to let my teammates know there's an enemy nearby. (Even though that's clearly not the purpose for that, it's just something I do.) Which is why I just wish communicating with my team could be easier...

I know the European version of the game has "to me!" but I think we should get more strategy oriented shouts. (Or at least give the US version "to me", I can't tell you how useful that would be)

Maybe ones like "Form up!" or "Take the offensive!" or something.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
"Watch Out!"
"I need back up!"

I remember I had to draw a sniper team member away from an incoming enemy by spamming between Squid and inkling while mashing the jump button just to get his attention and realize someone was coming.

Took a while.
(He was probably using a scope)

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I think it would be difficult for more strategic command-like strings (as in the OP) to work effectively in solo queue. The problem is that players with the best intentions can have some pretty half-baked strategic ideas. For example, just yesterday someone on my team start spamming "To me!" (the closest thing we have to a strategic command) on taking an ill-advised foray into the enemy base. It was a totally unnecessary push, and was clearly not going to end well, so of course no one followed. These kinds of things will lead many players (or, me at lease) to treat anything resembling a strategic command from a teammate with extreme suspicion. I like the way "Nice!" and "Booyah!" work as simple expressions of camaraderie, and possibly some more strings along those lines might be good, but I think the usefulness of anything beyond that would be pretty restricted by the way that things operate in solo-queue - their misuse would lead people to mistrust and ignore them.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I need something for when the opponent kills me and they're advancing. I just spam Booyah and hope my team notices.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I don't really often use the shouts to be honest.
I usually stay close by 1 team member and watch him/her from a distance in case he/she is in a pinch. I slightly adapt to whatever the situation is.

If I see he/she is taking control I keep further distance to keep an eye on someone else who could potentially be in danger; but I wait a few seconds before straying too far from the other.

To sum it up, I keep close eye on my team with the help of the sprinkler as I'm trying to do my own thing.
There has been a few scenarios where I'm eye-ing a team from above while I'm inking turfs up there. I take my eyes off for a moment, and I noticed He/she was spamming "C'MON!".

Realized he/she was trying to survive a 2v1.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
"C'mon!" covers beckoning, and "Booyah!" is celebratory, so we need warning or wait pings. Would help tremendously.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
"Split up" I hate when all of my teammates are in one area!
"We can do it" To encourage them

ChibiValshe

Inkling
I've only been in turf wars a few times, the rest just watching my sister play (the woes of sharing a WiiU), and I've noticed an alarming number of folks who don't know how to flank enemy Inklings. Multiple team members just shooting in one direction is counterproductive, so maybe an "Ambush!" command could work. It can also warn other members of enemy Inklings playing peekaboo.

Just a thought.

CyrTheRaven

Inkling
NNID
CyrWoods
I've only been in turf wars a few times, the rest just watching my sister play (the woes of sharing a WiiU), and I've noticed an alarming number of folks who don't know how to flank enemy Inklings. Multiple team members just shooting in one direction is counterproductive, so maybe an "Ambush!" command could work. It can also warn other members of enemy Inklings playing peekaboo.

Just a thought.
True. Just earlier there was this charger who was sitting up high just destroying our team but all it would have taken was for someone to flank around him and not charge at him head-on to beat him. -_-

Insomniac Wolf

Inkling
NNID
WolfTTS
I had a squad of four once actually, and we essentially just spammed Booyah when we were doing great, and then also do it right before we were about to win. It was like a squad tradition :D

As for more added commands... I guess a Sorry would be great, at least for me. I can't think of much else.
To be honest though, even if we got a variety of voice commands, I have a feeling teammates still wouldn't listen lol.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
It's a nice idea. Though it's because the commands for these shouts are spammed a lot, I tend to keep my Wii Pad's volume on mute due to it. It's just a petty annoyance but I kinda does bother me. Maybe if there is variety, it would be spammed less. That wishful thinking though.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
"Clear!", for signifying when a player's in a safe spot and teammates can Super Jump or come to them and "Charge!" to call out for a push or something similar would be nice additions, in my opinion. Of course, it all depends on the players whether the in game callouts are used effectively though ;;

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I agree, I find communicating very difficult in Splatoon. More useful shouts would definitely fix this! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom