• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

We need shouts other than "Booyah" and "C'mon"!

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
Anyone else wish "Come On" was called something else? It's meant to mean "To Me" like in EU, but Come On has so many different interpretations. I usually see it as, "We gotta win right now!" if it's a close match or "Seriously you died too? We gotta do better!" if we get splatted by one guy. Maybe if it was "This way!" instead.

Anyway, taking the suggestions from this thread my ideal D-Pad would be
- Move Up!
- Retreat / Watch Out!
- Help / This Way!
- Booyah!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Anyone else wish "Come On" was called something else? It's meant to mean "To Me" like in EU, but Come On has so many different interpretations. I usually see it as, "We gotta win right now!" if it's a close match or "Seriously you died too? We gotta do better!" if we get splatted by one guy. Maybe if it was "This way!" instead.

Anyway, taking the suggestions from this thread my ideal D-Pad would be
- Move Up!
- Retreat / Watch Out!
- Help / This Way!
- Booyah!
Come on makes me think "Come on guys you can do better" "Come on Come on Come on let's do it we got this"

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I think adding a system like in the game Rocket League could work very good.

Here, when you press the d-pad once, for example to the left, you get 4 selections of compliments and to select the one you want, you just need to press the d-pad in a certain direction again.
For example saying "Nice Shot" is pressing left on the d-pad and than up.

I'll leave this image, that might make it even easier to understand.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I would LOVE to have a "Watch out!"

It'd also be nice if "C'mon" was something more like "Help!"

dapperlace

Pro Squid
A "retreat" one would be so useful.

Or like a "don't superjump to me I'm gonna die RN and then so are you"...but in shorthand. Like "DANGER!!"

I don't use the shouts too often, 'cept for Booyah! when a team member and I get out of a sticky situation together. C'mon is mainly for Saltspray Rig, since I frequently take the top platform before the other team and defend it.

D

Deleted Member

We need a "Spread out!" shout so teammates will spread out and approach at different angles. Maybe a "Don't Superjump to me" or "Be careful!" command too.

It would be such a waste if the left and right direction buttons remained unused.

Wonder Blue

Inkling
NNID
Otasira
I'm actually kind of surprised that Splatoon didn't use voice commands like the way Metal Gear Solid 4 Online did. Give you a wide list of voice clips and you get to choose up to 8 before you go into a match (Use a button to open voice commands and another to swap to the second tab for more options). It could've worked well for a game like this.

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I've seen "Come on" be interpreted as, "Over here," "Darn it," "Let's go," and so many other things. I wish it was more clear.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know what "C'mon" and "Booyah" are in Japan? It would be nice to know that.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Slightly off-topic: does anyone know what "C'mon" and "Booyah" are in Japan? It would be nice to know that.
I believe they're just カモン (C'mon!) and ナイス (Nice!), respectively.

But yeah, I just wish "C'mon" could be split into "Get over here!" and "No way!". It'd clear up so much.

Relados

Senior Squid
We've got "Come on!"/"To me!" as the rallying command, and "Booyah!"/"Nice!" as the general success command - what we need is a general failure command, something like what's already been suggested above (like "Sorry!" or "Not fresh!" or something like that). Lastly, I think there needs to be a command like "Let's go!" or something that tells your allies to move, or spread out, or something along those lines.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I wish there was a beware/watch out/be careful button because I've been RIGHT next to people who are killed by snipers, inkzookas, and killer wails I wish I could warn them but I can't BECAUSE THERE'S NO WARNING BUTTON!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom