• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

We need shouts other than "Booyah" and "C'mon"!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
A "retreat" one would be so useful.

Or like a "don't superjump to me I'm gonna die RN and then so are you"...but in shorthand. Like "DANGER!!"

I don't use the shouts too often, 'cept for Booyah! when a team member and I get out of a sticky situation together. C'mon is mainly for Saltspray Rig, since I frequently take the top platform before the other team and defend it.
We need a "Spread out!" shout so teammates will spread out and approach at different angles. Maybe a "Don't Superjump to me" or "Be careful!" command too.

It would be such a waste if the left and right direction buttons remained unused.
I've seen "Come on" be interpreted as, "Over here," "Darn it," "Let's go," and so many other things. I wish it was more clear.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know what "C'mon" and "Booyah" are in Japan? It would be nice to know that.
I believe they're just カモン (C'mon!) and ナイス (Nice!), respectively.

But yeah, I just wish "C'mon" could be split into "Get over here!" and "No way!". It'd clear up so much.
Interesting how much the Superjump comes up. The superjump annoyance levels are over 9000!!! But seriously, I can see it being an annoyance sometimes. Esecailly if you are in the opposing teams turf. You may not get killed but your teammate can by jumping to you from the respawn point. This is why, if I EVER superjump, it's to zones where activity is minimal or will garrentee me not dying upon landing.

I wish there was a beware/watch out/be careful button because I've been RIGHT next to people who are killed by snipers, inkzookas, and killer wails I wish I could warn them but I can't BECAUSE THERE'S NO WARNING BUTTON!
I'll agree to this. A shout to warn of incoming Killer Wails would be beneficial, making those who don't pay attention pay the price more for not moving out of the way. Though there is a technically a warning from the echo of the killer wail when it's incoming, though if you react slow, it'll get you for sure.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
"Anything can change!" Not only so I can sound like Chrom from Fire Emblem, but also to encourage my team that we can still win, or tell them not to get overconfident if we are doing well. Actually, most of the critical quotes from Fire Emblem Awakening would work well as shouts.

"Pick a god and SPRAY!" would be great to tell teammates who don't seem to want to cover any turf. :p

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Interesting how much the Superjump comes up. The superjump annoyance levels are over 9000!!! But seriously, I can see it being an annoyance sometimes. Esecailly if you are in the opposing teams turf. You may not get killed but your teammate can by jumping to you from the respawn point. This is why, if I EVER superjump, it's to zones where activity is minimal or will garrentee me not dying upon landing.

I'll agree to this. A shout to warn of incoming Killer Wails would be beneficial, making those who don't pay attention pay the price more for not moving out of the way. Though there is a technically a warning from the echo of the killer wail when it's incoming, though if you react slow, it'll get you for sure.
A superjump signal isn't really necessary. Just super jump to people who have a wall between them and the enemy base. And if everyone is out in the open, DON'T SUPERJUMP, unless you want to be charger-bait.

Also, do you really want to trust your solo queue partners to know that everything is clear to jump? I'd rather rely on myself and the map.

JazzCaht

Inkling
NNID
Pearl-Knight
IMO, I'd like to have very basic commands, such as "Go! Go! Go!" or "Help!", I would also like it if buttons like R, B and A (or Y and X), + and -, and whatever other buttons could be mapped. If it was up to me, I'd map "Go! Go! Go!" (Up on the Dpad) "Help!" (Down on the Dpad) "Thanks!" (Right on the Dpad) "Sorry!" (+) "Yes!" (Left on the Dpad) "C'mon!" (-) "Incoming!" (R) "Good Game!" (Y) and "Special!" (X). Although that many commands could easily overwhelm new players, and it be somewhat illusive to have this option hidden in the options menu. But hey, a man can dream, can't he?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
My first priority would be changing the up command to mean the same thing across regions. In America it means "come on," but in other countries it means "come to me." What if I want people to push up but I'm taking a different route?

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
A "help" would be nice.. Like, if you were the only person on the tower, then it could be pretty useful. I also like the idea of a "we can do it" for those times when you are close to a win, or a "Retreat" for when there's an angry kraken on your tail.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
I think adding a system like in the game Rocket League could work very good.

Here, when you press the d-pad once, for example to the left, you get 4 selections of compliments and to select the one you want, you just need to press the d-pad in a certain direction again.
For example saying "Nice Shot" is pressing left on the d-pad and than up.

I'll leave this image, that might make it even easier to understand.
How do you switch categories quick if you selected the wrong one?

Ao Ika

Inkling
Pretty sure Booyah means an enemy just killed you, come take over. I was thinking a shout menu where you can choose useful shouts and map them to the buttons. You can't type them, but you could pick from the two, and "Sorry", "Help", "Retreat", "Fight", "I'll take it from here", et cetera. You could set up commands based on your playstyle. Quick, in your face killer squid? "Booyah!", "I'll take it from here!", "Retreat!" and "All clear!"
All Clear is needed. If a zone is all in our ink, I'll signal to get out and ink the rest of the place. Or, if I win a 2v1, I can cancel a "C'mon".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom