Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
THE SPLATANA WOGGLE!
Screenshot 2024-04-24 9.42.21 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 9.42.26 AM.png

please ask me questions about it, or propose new ideas for it! also, if you're in the competitive scene and know about weapon balancing, please tell me if you think this weapon would be balanced and what you would change :3

I need kit ideas!! no torpedo, burst bomb, squid beakon, toxic mist, ultra stamp, tenta missiles, zipcaster, or crab tank!

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
I love the pool noodle idea, and I imagine it would be a really funny design if it would flop around while slashing lol.

also, if you're in the competitive scene and know about weapon balancing, please tell me if you think this weapon would be balanced and what you would change :3
Since you asked this, I have to say that it sounds extremely weak, if I have a correct understanding of the weapon. Painbrush's wind up cripples that weapon, having to add an extra delay to each attack hurts your time to kill, mobility, paint, etc basically everything about the weapon. Horizontally slashing continuously for 2 seconds (a very long time in splatoon) in order to get a decent range and rate of fire also sounds really bad, especially with a slow strafing speed you are going to be extremely vulnerable to anything with decent range or to bombs doing that. I like the idea of a horizontal slash direct though, and a very far lunge. Perhaps get rid of the painbrush wind up, and play further into the horizontal slash getting better over time thing and make it scale to an even further range (although this may make it hard to fight at a casual level, so I don't fully know what is the correct play here)

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
that’s a really good idea! i never knew that the painbrush’s wind up time wasn’t healthy for it, though it makes sense now that i think about it.

i feel like with the sheer speed i imagine the horizontal swings to go at and how powerful they are, a *small* wind up could be healthy, but way less than that off the painbrush…

after that, maybe 20 frames of wind up? idk…i think that the range would increase over time as you recommended, starting with maybe 30 frames of short range shooter range, a gradual increase in 25-30 frames, and capping at a decent amount over splattershot range in full swing.

i don’t imagine this weapon as meta defining at all, but i do think it’ll be a fun twist on the concept of a splatana!

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm not a smart enough comp player to have kit or balancing ideas i just wanna say i love that it's called the woggle. that fits in the silly splatoon weapon name canon so perfectly well. i wish this was real so i could tell my non-splatoon-playing friends "oh mr grizz gave me the woggle" and have them go "you are just making weapons up"

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Splat bomb + splashdown, it would fit really well with a splatana

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
Splat bomb + splashdown, it would fit really well with a splatana
great idea, but I had this idea for a third wiper lol
if not to wiper than giving to to this sounds very solid!

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
reefslider with suction bomb and then boom you get something that is op
I don't really understand suction, do you imagine it to close in enemies to get them where you want them? /gen

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
i'm not a smart enough comp player to have kit or balancing ideas i just wanna say i love that it's called the woggle. that fits in the silly splatoon weapon name canon so perfectly well. i wish this was real so i could tell my non-splatoon-playing friends "oh mr grizz gave me the woggle" and have them go "you are just making weapons up"
lmaoo yeah, I didn't really want to call it just "splatana noodle" so I researched and found out that some British people call pool noodles "woggles" and I fell in love lol

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I don't really understand suction, do you imagine it to close in enemies to get them where you want them? /gen
yas because they give you enough time to escape from them if they throw it in front of you so then u can throw it behind them without them knowing

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
yas because they give you enough time to escape from them if they throw it in front of you so then u can throw it behind them without them knowing
aaaa that's smart, and its only really good on flat ground so the flat ground menace reefslider (sometimes) is perfect!! tysm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom