• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Ideas

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Does it count as idea?
I have weird dream about wielding Inkbrush... I cannot remember what it look like. But it has similar stats to ordinary Inkbrush. However unlike an Inkbrush, it has vertical fling like rollers but it has super fancy frontflip (yep, huge start-up but shorter than Dynamo Roller) and its power is equal to E-litre, even end of ink fling. Unfortunately, its ink trail left by vertical fling is pathetic thin. Even thinner than rolling (stroking?). Squids can't fit in that.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
Does it count as idea?
I have weird dream about wielding Inkbrush... I cannot remember what it look like. But it has similar stats to ordinary Inkbrush. However unlike an Inkbrush, it has vertical fling like rollers but it has super fancy frontflip (yep, huge start-up but shorter than Dynamo Roller) and its power is equal to E-litre, even end of ink fling. Unfortunately, its ink trail left by vertical fling is pathetic thin. Even thinner than rolling (stroking?). Squids can't fit in that.
Dream Ideas *thumbs up* thats hard core splooper if you playing in your sleep lol

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I was thinking perhaps a squirting flower?

A short ranged weapon that does high damage and to shoot you need to repeatedly press the trigger button. If you hold it down for a certain amount of time, its range and power is increased and it unleashes a huge burst of ink in a wide area. Kinda like a mix between a Nozzlenose and a Brella. It focuses on close combat but has poor range and requires good aim.

Stats:
Range: 31/100
Damage: 39 per hit (3 hits to splat) 70 if held for a certain amount of time
Fire Rate: 70/100
Weight: Light
Run Speed: On par with weapons such as the N-ZAPs
Inking turf: Decent. Only fires one straight burst of ink per ZR tap unless if held. Low ink
consumption. Holding down the trigger button to release the huge burst uses up 35% of your tank.
Sub and Special weapon: Autobombs and Baller

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
I was thinking perhaps a squirting flower?

A short ranged weapon that does high damage and to shoot you need to repeatedly press the trigger button. If you hold it down for a certain amount of time, its range and power is increased and it unleashes a huge burst of ink in a wide area. Kinda like a mix between a Nozzlenose and a Brella. It focuses on close combat but has poor range and requires good aim.

Stats:
Range: 31/100
Damage: 39 per hit (3 hits to splat) 70 if held for a certain amount of time
Fire Rate: 70/100
Weight: Light
Run Speed: On par with weapons such as the N-ZAPs
Inking turf: Decent. Only fires one straight burst of ink per ZR tap unless if held. Low ink
consumption. Holding down the trigger button to release the huge burst uses up 35% of your tank.
Sub and Special weapon: Autobombs and Baller
I like that idea ^-^ very creative with the squirting flower and good stats too (cant be OP ;))

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
Man it would be awesome if they brought back the Killer Wail.

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
Do you guys remember the assault rifle-looking gun in the original? It was in Ammo Knights, and Arowana Mall, but it wasn't a weapon you could buy and use. What if they made it into an actual weapon? It would have the range of a Splattershot, and you would have to charge it up to fire, like a Heavy Splatling. Its charge time would be the same as the Mini Splatling's, and its fire rate would be the same as a Jet Squelchers. It would shoot at full charge for 2.5 seconds. Its sub would be the Curling Bomb, and its special would be Bubble Blower.
upload_2017-11-7_17-35-42.jpeg

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
Do you guys remember the assault rifle-looking gun in the original? It was in Ammo Knights, and Arowana Mall, but it wasn't a weapon you could buy and use. What if they made it into an actual weapon? It would have the range of a Splattershot, and you would have to charge it up to fire, like a Heavy Splatling. Its charge time would be the same as the Mini Splatling's, and its fire rate would be the same as a Jet Squelchers. It would shoot at full charge for 2.5 seconds. Its sub would be the Curling Bomb, and its special would be Bubble Blower.
View attachment 5843
Id use that gun. Not a big fan of the bubble blower though lol but i do like the curling bombs. i imagine it would have better handling then the splattlings and youd be able to move around faster while firing and charging up the shot

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
I wasn't really sure of the special. I was thinking Splashdown, but the Splat Roller has Curling Bombs and Splashdown, and I wanted to be more original. Now that I think about it, I think it should have Tenta Missiles instead.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
I'm necro-ing this because I don't feel like writing an introductory post.

Ditch Dualies - Dodge rolling with them creates an inksplosion wherever you were standing before you rolled after a delay, but you can only do it once at a time, and at a high ink cost.

Gyro Dualies - Dodge roll in a circular pattern so that you can attack quickly from any angle, but has a short range.

Auto-Slosher - Built-in pistons allow you to hold down the trigger button to fire continuously. Probably has short range or low damage. Honestly, I think all Sloshers should be automatic since they have no unique effects caused by holding the button down and they're slow enough to not be reliant on the speed of your trigger finger but that's none of my business

Deluge Slosher - Creates giant, slow waves of ink.

Spitfire Splatling - Firing switches between high fire rate with wide spread and high damage with low fire rate when the second ring of charge is depleted, if it's charged to that point. I can't decide on which one should happen first.

Drilla Brella - When the canopy detaches, it travels forward in a drill-like motion faster than the other Brellas, and does higher damage on contact. However, The canopy begins to spin before it detaches, making it obvious when it'll hit, and has a very long cooldown and may not be usable until the user dies and respawns. Will cosmetically resemble either Parasol Kirby's parasol or Twintelle's Parasol ARMS.

Splash Brella - Deploys a Splash Wall-like apparatus in place of a canopy. It's indestructible, but the hits it takes come out of your ink tank.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I'm necro-ing this because I don't feel like writing an introductory post.

Ditch Dualies - Dodge rolling with them creates an inksplosion wherever you were standing before you rolled after a delay, but you can only do it once at a time, and at a high ink cost.

Gyro Dualies - Dodge roll in a circular pattern so that you can attack quickly from any angle, but has a short range.

Auto-Slosher - Built-in pistons allow you to hold down the trigger button to fire continuously. Probably has short range or low damage. Honestly, I think all Sloshers should be automatic since they have no unique effects caused by holding the button down and they're slow enough to not be reliant on the speed of your trigger finger but that's none of my business

Deluge Slosher - Creates giant, slow waves of ink.

Spitfire Splatling - Firing switches between high fire rate with wide spread and high damage with low fire rate when the second ring of charge is depleted, if it's charged to that point. I can't decide on which one should happen first.

Drilla Brella - When the canopy detaches, it travels forward in a drill-like motion faster than the other Brellas, and does higher damage on contact. However, The canopy begins to spin before it detaches, making it obvious when it'll hit, and has a very long cooldown and may not be usable until the user dies and respawns. Will cosmetically resemble either Parasol Kirby's parasol or Twintelle's Parasol ARMS.

Splash Brella - Deploys a Splash Wall-like apparatus in place of a canopy. It's indestructible, but the hits it takes come out of your ink tank.
Those are some of the coolest ideas I’ve heard, nice!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Oooo i got a new weapon idea for the holidays. they will both be the same type of weapon only with different appearances.

Turkey Baster -

A gun that looks like a giant turkey baster that shoots a strong stream of ink or short stream bursts. Will have the range of the splattershot pro and the accuracy. Damage will vary depending on how the weapon is firing. If shooting in short stream bursts (constantly pressing the fire button) it will do 40 damage per shot. If firing a constant stream of ink (holding down the fire button) then it will have slightly less damage output then the stinger so total concentrated stream fire on target = to 1.5 seconds will splat opponent (will not have the extra damage radius to the ink stream like the stinger does)

Ho-Ho-Hoser -

A gun that looks like a giant candy cane that shoots a strong stream of ink or short stream bursts. Will have the range of the splattershot pro and the accuracy. Damage will vary depending on how the weapon is firing. If shooting in short stream bursts (constantly pressing the fire button) it will do 40 damage per shot. If firing a constant stream of ink (holding down the fire button) then it will have slightly less damage output then the stinger so total concentrated stream fire on target = to 1.5 seconds will splat opponent (will not have the extra damage radius to the ink stream like the stinger does)
Funnily enough, you almost predicted the Squeezer.

Windstar

Pro Squid
I know these aren’t weapon ideas, but screw it:

Special Charity: The special you lose when splatted is distributed evenly to teammates.

Spongy Skin: Adds an extra 50 HP to your health pool, however in exchange you won't be able to regenerate HP at all. HP will only be fully restored upon respawning. Shirts only.

Hidden Special: Completes a trinity with Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump. It hides when you get your special both by hiding the fire and glint you’d normally get, and it also hides the rainbow icon on the top from the enemy team, but as you’d expect, it slows down your special charge rate. Hats only.

Ghost Shark - Gain anti-detection effects for 30 seconds after respawning (Temporary Ninja Squid + Stealth Jump + Hidden Special + 1 main of Cold-Blooded). Shoes only.

Ability Cleanse: Any person tagged with your ink loses the effects of their sub abilities for a short time. Can help when they have an ink-demanding or slow weapon.

Thot's Triumph: It grants you a 200% Fire-Rate Boost as well as a 50% decrease in Main Weapon Ink Consumption, but the trade-off is a 70% decrease in total Health, double the time it takes to Respawn and inability to drink alcohol until you turn 21. Octoling Gear only.

Mercantile Materialism: At the end of a match, the Sub Abilities of your Hat, Shirt and Shoes gets automatically re-rolled for free, but the trade-off is losing 6 Super Sea Snail if you lose the match (in case you do not have any, your Money gets deducted by 60000 per lose, and in the event you do not have money, your save data gets erased). Shoes only.

Last edited:

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I have another weird dream as the result of my attempt to improve my charger ability.
I think it looks like normal Splat Charger and has similar stats as Goo Tuber... but it has killer... erm, splat laser that appears as you charge. Yep, actual laser that kills. BUT its DPS is slower than Sting Ray and it doesn't ink. Just plain old laser. That doesn't deserve title of splat. Oh well. On the bright side, you can turn normally and snipe when you don't feel like slowly cooking that squid to death, um, departure to spawn point.

Maybe my charger skills are really improved... well, not close to pro level, anyway.

Windstar

Pro Squid
I have another weird dream as the result of my attempt to improve my charger ability.
I think it looks like normal Splat Charger and has similar stats as Goo Tuber... but it has killer... erm, splat laser that appears as you charge. Yep, actual laser that kills. BUT its DPS is slower than Sting Ray and it doesn't ink. Just plain old laser. That doesn't deserve title of splat. Oh well. On the bright side, you can turn normally and snipe when you don't feel like slowly cooking that squid to death, um, departure to spawn point.

Maybe my charger skills are really improved... well, not close to pro level, anyway.
What kind of name would a weapon like that get?

Padre

Pro Squid
Somekind of flamethrower type of weapon, but Inkthrower instead. Bursts would have more range. It would be really slow to move with it, but could give absolute control on narrow pathways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom