• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Ideas

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
I'm not going to be too original with my first idea, but how suction bombs that actually stick to opposing Inklings?

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
I had the same weapon idea as @Yin_ , but it doesn't summon salmonids. Instead, you could run way faster than normal (twice the speed of the Inkbrush), without having to place it on the ground. It would stay in a sheathe and you'd dash around with it. When attacking, you'd swing it really quickly, as fast as the Inkbrush, if you can spam ZR fast enough. It would do more damage than the Inkbrush, but the range would be lower. Its sub would be the Burst Bomb, so that you could make up for the main weapon's low range while not consuming a lot of ink. The special would be Ink Armor, so that you can charge at your opponent and not get splatted right away while trying to swing at them with the sword. And yes, it'd still be called the Inkatana. There could even be a Legendary Inkatana, which would have better range, but you wouldn't run as fast. Its sub would be Toxic Mist,and its special would be the Sting ray, because the whole set boasts range. (the toxic mist would be useful because you could trap someone in it and then splat them with the sword.) I was also thinking with both of those, if you hold ZR, you could charge up and swing the sword and launch a blade beam. The Legendary Inkatana could launch it farther. It would take two hits to splat with the beam, and its charge time matches the time it takes to swing vertically with a regular splat roller.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
@(SF)Josiah , I like that idea a lot (better than mine lol) but I have one problem. Imagine this:

You're playing a friendly match with your roller and suddenly a inkling zips up to you and kills you in a split second. You respawn, confused, walking off the spawn, and get decked again. You see that they have pure run speed up gear. You get so frustrated, you rage quit.

As I said, stacking run sped up on this thing would be WAYYY to overpowered. I mean, cmon, running TWICE the speed of a inkbrush? The inkbrush it already fast as heck, but doubling that? You would be a sonic with a death sword! There has to be a way to balance that...but how? Suggestions?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I don't think bringing balance in this thread is something to be really concerned over as this is more of a creative thread than anything.

Anything that does support in the purest sense (apply damage or other stat (de)buffs, heal) wouldn't work at all with how this game is build but in general it's a lot more fun designing an unique gimmick weapon than like a Splattershot with a bit more range to it or something.

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
@Yin_ It could be 1.5 times faster than it. It just has to be faster than the Inkbrush. Heck, it could just be the same speed.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
@(SF)Josiah kewl, I think we could actually make a colab of our wepons. Like you make your own (new) wepon, I make mine, we both post ours here, then mash them together!

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
@(SF)Josiah kewl, I think we could actually make a colab of our wepons. Like you make your own (new) wepon, I make mine, we both post ours here, then mash them together!
Ooo can i be in on the collab? both of your ideas sounds similar to my idea of the whip splash (close range inking melee with a long range sort of charge) maybe they could all be under the same kind of weapon class like a new weapon class or something and it can have a variety of re-skins to the weapons and each one has its own little extra perks (like the inkatana gets the runs speed boost) i actually have another re-skin idea to my whip splash idea

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
New Weapon Idea: (Main) (Re-Skin of the Whip Splash)

The Triton Brush – (or Ink Triton)

A weapon from ancient turf war times ~.~ this old brush relic has the same rapid inking speed of the modern day versions but with an added touch of magic. On top of being able to perform rapid melee swings to ink a wide spread in front of you the triton can charge up an ink beam to fire at distant foes

Stats would be:
(quick brush strokes)

Range: 25/100

Ink Speed: 80/100

Handling: 85/100

(Charged shot)

Range: 75/100

Damage: 80/100

Mobility: 80/100
Triton Brush.jpeg

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Ooo can i be in on the collab? both of your ideas sounds similar to my idea of the whip splash (close range inking melee with a long range sort of charge) maybe they could all be under the same kind of weapon class like a new weapon class or something and it can have a variety of re-skins to the weapons and each one has its own little extra perks (like the inkatana gets the runs speed boost) i actually have another re-skin idea to my whip splash idea
Shoulda like a great idea! When should we post these here? I think we should pm eachother our ideas and then post the final one here.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
New Weapon Idea(main): The Splat Lobber
The lobber is basically an ink grenade launcher. It fires cartridges that act like splat bombs but with a slightly shorter fuse time. Also, with a full ink tank, you can fire Sox cartridges before having to refill. This next thing is just a thought, but maybe you could press anothed button and fire off all six cartridges in quick succession as like a crowd control move (it would probably have a cool down though).

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
New Weapon Idea: (Main)

The Dualie Rollers

Two little rollers in each hand. You can repeatedly press the fire button to perform alternating vertical karate chop flicks of the rollers to ink in front of you or you can hold down the fire button to hop on your rollers and ride them around like roller blades across the stage. They will also have the dodging capabilities to both dodge roll out of the roller skating and to dodge roll while flinging the ink

Stats would be:

Range: 40/100

Ink Speed: 70/100

Mobility: 70/100

Please excuse the rough sketch attached but i just wanted to help give a visual on the functionality of the rollers ^-^
Dualie Rollers.jpeg

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Mine is called the freshcan. It is a spray bottle and when ZR is tapped, it spews out a short range cloud of mist that does a good amount of damage. When ZR is held, it does a pre-buff sting ray that has as much range as a jet squelcher and can't pass through walls.

(SF)Josiah

Inkling
NNID
RoscoTheHoopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6608-6335-4112
@Yin_ I'm okay with a collab, but I'm warning you, I can't draw.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
New Weapon Idea: (Sub)

Squinja Stars - (sub weapon)

The descriptions in the name ^-^ basically just little fast throwing squinja stars that burst on impact with a target. Thought this would be a cute and simple sub weapon

Ink Consumption: 35%

Damage: 40/100

Range: 70/100

the

Inkling Commander
This isn't a weapon idea, but this seems like the most appropriate place to put an idea for a gear ability. (Unless there's a thread for that I'm missing)

Since quick respawn was nerfed due to people stacking it and rushing down opponents over and over, a replacement/similar ability would be cool.

But I was thinking that to prevent people from abusing it too much, at least in solo queue, it could work as more of a support ability. Aka, you wear this ability, and your teammates respawn faster as long as you are alive when they are splatted. It could either be stackable, or strictly a main-slot ability (this may prevent abuse, as stacking would then only be possible if multiple team members use it)

I'm thinking it would be called something like "Respawn Angel" or "Respawn Assist" as a kind of yin-yang duo with respawn punisher.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
This isn't a weapon idea, but this seems like the most appropriate place to put an idea for a gear ability. (Unless there's a thread for that I'm missing)

Since quick respawn was nerfed due to people stacking it and rushing down opponents over and over, a replacement/similar ability would be cool.

But I was thinking that to prevent people from abusing it too much, at least in solo queue, it could work as more of a support ability. Aka, you wear this ability, and your teammates respawn faster as long as you are alive when they are splatted. It could either be stackable, or strictly a main-slot ability (this may prevent abuse, as stacking would then only be possible if multiple team members use it)

I'm thinking it would be called something like "Respawn Angel" or "Respawn Assist" as a kind of yin-yang duo with respawn punisher.
Idk if there is a gear idea thread but any new ideas are welcome here ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom