• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Suggestion Help!

aviatsvi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
boatjello
Hi! I'm aviatsvi, and I'm looking for a new weapon to use. I find the weapons that suit my play style the best are the Tri-Slosher Nouveau and the Carbon Roller. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, feel free to comment if you want a suggestion too, that's the point of the thread.

Chow!
-aviatavi

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I would recommend using the Nozzlenose family, because they learn everything there's to learn. And there are 4 different Nozzlenose so you can choose the one that fits your playstyle!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
With those two as your main, the Carbon Roller Deco should be pretty easy to pick up, since it's got Seekers as its sub. With some :ability_inkrecovery: and :ability_swimspeed:, it's a good way to get around really fast and continue that "Ninja Carbon Roller" thing. (But, of course, I'm always talking about that weapon here since it's my favorite. :P)

I think brushes are also supposed to be good at teaching you things, especially how to pick your battles, so they might be good to look into, too.

aviatsvi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
boatjello
Thanks! I actually use the Carbon Roller Deco sometimes, I like it a lot! I use the octobrush once in a while, too.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sounds like you favor short-range weapons. Give the Sploosh-O-Matic a go, it's short range and very powerful.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Maybe you’d like the Neo Splash-o-Matic? It has the same sub and special as the Carbon Roller as I recall, so you’d be in familiar territory while still able to experiment with slightly longer range. (At least I think it has more range than the Tri-Slosher? Not sure on this.)

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I see you like short-ranged weapons. If you want to try a more supportive playstyle, then I suggest giving the aerospray MG a go. Despite what some people say, it is a good weapon, and it covers turf incredibly well. Some people may argue that the sploosh-o-matic does the same thing, but in my opinion, the MG can put more pressure on opponents from a distance with the help of seekers and the inkzooka, something the regular or neo sploosh can´t do. Sure, it takes 5 shots to kill, but the MG is better to support your team and establish map control, something essential in ranked battles. Also, blasting people away with the inkzooka is super fun! I personally rarely use the MG, but when i do, I find it very interesting and fun. And, just like any weapon, it can be incredibly powerful in the right hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom