• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Weapon Viability

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
If a player is casual or you just decide to just have fun in turf or something, just pick whatever you like.
But if you’re even somewhat competive, i suggest to still pick something you like in the sense it’s playstyle fits with you.
As high a weapon is in the meta, if the playstyle isn’t your cup of tea don’t bother.
Your most likely gonna achive better results with a lower meta weapon that fits your playstyle more.
The only exception to this rule are ‘those’ weapons like flingza.
Maybe the updates may make them viable competive compared to other weapons, but for now don’t use them competively unless your looking for a challenge or maybe if you reeeeeeeally like them much more then then all other ‘versions’ of that weapon.

Meta is important but imo, always pick something that fits.
Straining yourself with ba high-meta weapon that just doesn’t fit you doesn’t work out well.
Kind of like some players in SSB4 bee-line for sheik (high-meta character) but even after alot of time, they just aren’t so good and get destroyed by anyone who knows what they are doing with whatever character they picked.

Apart from all of this, i wondering how high-skill ceilling weapons are calculated in meta’s.
I mean for example, in theory a charger can 1-shot anything from long distances, shut down area’s solo etc.
But since theory and in practice can be so diiferent. How do you get to an objective conclusion with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom