• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Weekly Trivia Game

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Another forum that I'm a member of has a daily riddle game about the game (Mother) the forums are based around. I don't have the time to create a trivia fact every day, but I can do them once a week. On Tuesday at around 10PM EST (or something around that), expect a new Splatoon (2) trivia question from me. You'll have all week to guess the answer to the question. I might even keep a leader board. I'll start with something simple, as this is my first one.

Callie is stated to main a Roller, and it's quite obvious that her favorite special is Bomb Rush. There is only one Roller with that special. What is likely Callie's favorite weapon?

You have one week to answer. Good luck!

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I know I'm early, but better early than not early! Marth gets the question, so that gives them a point I guess.
Score board:
Marth the Overlord (1)

Sashimori's songs include vocals that don't sound like they were sung by fish (they don't have the bubbly effect that other vocal songs in the game do). What is the reason behind this?

You have one week to answer.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
It is tuesday. It's almost 10. Time for a new question!

Scoreboard:
Marth the Overlord (2)

This is an easier one. Octo Canyon has some awesome sunken scrolls, and is my favorite story of the series So FAR (who knows what Splatoon 3 will bring...). Not only does it have a good story, but I enjoy the "get to the goal" format that all of it's levels have while Octo Expansion is mostly popping balloons and trying not to touch stuff. However, despite this generic level format, there's still a few unique things to Octo Canyon. What Sunken Scroll explains why there's a certain Octo Canyon-exclusive feature, what is the reason given, and what is this feature? (This question will be worth 3 points if you get all of its parts correct.)

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Welp, no one got it this week. Maybe it was harder than I thought. I'll edit it to make it easier.

Scoreboard:
Marth the Overlord (2)

Octo Canyon has some awesome sunken scrolls, and is my favorite story of the series So FAR (who knows what Splatoon 3 will bring...). Not only does it have a good story, but I enjoy the "get to the goal" format that all of it's levels have while Octo Expansion is mostly popping balloons and trying not to touch stuff. However, despite this generic level format, there's still a few unique things to Octo Canyon. What Sunken Scroll explains why there's a certain Octo Canyon-exclusive feature, what is the reason given, and what is this feature? Hint: This feature has something to do with a certain someone's love for arts and crafts. (This question will be worth 2.5 points if you get all parts correct)

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Marth gets the third part of the question, and I guess the other parts are a little too obscure. Sunken Scroll 23 is a passage written by Callie, likely post hypnosis, explaining to the reader that if their "evil lair" is gross, decorating it with tape and fabric is a great idea, explaining why Octo Canyon is filled with banners and designs, and why any ink there glitters (how Callie's glitter idea reached Agent 4 is beyond me but whatever).

Scoreboard:
Marth the Overlord (3)

Since I did so awful at last week's one, here's a really easy one. In the Splatoon 3 trailer, we see cephalopod kids launching into battle. What highly-disliked strategy (that I totally don't constantly do on Pork Mackerel) will this likely prevent?

Also, I'm late. I was really busy yesterday and couldn't do it.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Okay, I have no idea how no one got that one. The answer was spawn camping. I guess I'll just try to be easier here.

Scoreboard:
Marth the Overlord (3)

There are many genres in Splatoon and Splatoon 2's OSTs. Metalopod isn't very similar to Tidal Rush, and Broken Coral isn't very similar to Now or Never. Metal, orchestral remix, jazz, 80s rock... as well as many more, like trap and Jpop. However, there are two bands that definitely don't have classified genres. What are they, and what are these bands' respective modes that they appear in? (This question will be worth 4 points if you name both bands and their respective appearances)

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Wow, I'm super late. Sorry about that...

Anyway, I'll give you an extra point for thinking of something technically right that I didn't think of. What I had in mind as of writing was all songs by w-3 from Splatoon 2 Salmon Run and Turquoise October from Octo Valley and Octo Canyon.

Scoreboard:
Marth the overlord (5)

In the Octo Expansion chat logs, Pearl and Marina mention that they were able to replace the Squid Sisters in Inkopolis News because one of their songs had just become a huge hit. It doesn't say which one, though. ("DJ_Hyperfresh > Yeah, luckily our [NUMBER] single was a hit, right around the time Callie and Marie decided to move on") By paying attention to the song's release order and the order of songs on the Squidbeatz 2 machine, you might be able to figure out this one easier. What song likely gave them their jobs?

pio_dov

Pro Squid
This isn't the kind of question I can give a hint about, unfortunately. Ebb and Flow was the duo's first song. It was a big hit and gave them their popularity. However, they couldn't just be one-hit wonders. Their fourth song, Muck Warfare, (as can be assumed for it being the fourth of the OtH songs on the Squidbeatz machine) was also a big hit when it came out. With a second hit coming out at just the right time, Off the Hook were able to become the new anchors for Inkopolis News. You were close, though!

Scoreboard:
Marth the overlord (5)

Kelp Dome is by far my favorite stage. No stage comes close to it in my heart. The square shape, the flat ground, the maze-like structure, those grates just calling for some Octobrush action and that center area perfect for an Autobomb Launcher. I love it. It's especially great in Turf War. In that mode (Splatoon 2), how many paths can you take from your spawn to the other side of the stage? (Bonus points if you list each way!)

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Okay, that was a boring question that I won't even bother explaining. So, for this week, I'll give you all a particularly fun question.

Scoreboard:
Marth the overlord (5)

My username is pio_dov. Folks call me Pio. I am a member of Squidboards and Starmen.net. I like to make jokes, host challenges, and write theories. Now...
What type of player do you think I am? What's my favorite mode? What are my favorite weapons? Who's my favorite character? What gear, pants, and hairstyles does my character have? This is just a fun question that most people probably don't know the answer to.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
That question also sucked.

Scoreboard:
Marth the overlord (5)

In the Splatoon games, the Squid Sisters can perform many songs. Many are covers, and some are originals. Some of which aren't even published under their names, and they're only featured artists. What detail in the songs Maritime Memory and and Tidal Rush is exclusive to those two songs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom