• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What about Splatoon made you want it?

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
What made me want splatoon was its style, it really grabbed attention and me follow the game closely.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I wasnt pulled in at first (Other things caught my attention when they should Splatoon) But ever since the heavy advertising, I saw that this colorful game seemed like a shooter that I could enjoy. Solid movements, good customizations and a single player mode to boot. However, something that is turning me away is the fact that there doesnt seem to be any offline local multiplayer. And if there is, the the controller options are also going to be a problem, seeing as how the only controllers you can seem to use are the Gamepad and the Pro. My gamepads left stick is broken, so I cant use it for now....

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
Honestly I have no idea considering I don't usually like competitive games like this outside of Pokemon. I guess maybe because of how unique it is.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
So, has anyone undertaken the task of finding all of the weapons there are and naming/listing them and their effects?

Kaysick

Inkling
Everything about the game just seemed fresh. A breath of fresh air, if you will. I've always loved shooters and Splatoon looks like the one of the most fun shooters I've seen to date. The movement, the colors, the atmosphere is just awesome. I really hope it brings a bunch of awesome people together to play an awesome game.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
personally, I was initially hooked by the concept of a shooter in which missing wasn't entirely bad. My aim is atrocious, so I normally end up panic firing in any game with ranged weapons. (yes, even with bow and arrow)

Rhino47

thInk Tank Captain
NNID
Rhino47
The first reason I wanted it was because it's a first party Nintendo game, and they're almost always great. Also because I love a good team based shooter, and this looks extremely unique and strategic. I can't wait.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
First of all the gameplay. It's a totally original idea.

Second of all, the visuals. It looks vibrant and very nice.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
This will sound strange I am sure, but sure fire way to get me interested in a game;

Make an American Frontier game (Call of Juarez, Red Dead Revolver/Redemption)

Make a Science Fiction/Fantasy game (that are worth playing)

Make an Ocean related game (shrug)

Obviously I would put Splatoon into an ocean theme so naturally that would pique my interest.

When I stood in line to play it at E3 I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it but I had to try it. Ended up loving it and I will be a huge proponent of it.

extremechiton

Inkling
NNID
Extremechiton
Its about time nintendo made thier own version of an fps. And the art style and gameplay is so nintendo.

Overall it looks incredibly entertaining.

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
Although really different in many ways, it reminded me of Jet Force Gemini in certain aspects. Plus, I trust Nintendo to make good games, even if they are in genres I generally don't play.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hopefully, with the nintendo direct coming soon, there will be more reasons to want it! (And maybe a decrease in people complaining about lack of VC even in places it doesn't belong).

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Deviation fron the norm is the first thing that got my attention. I like the idea and presentation of the game as well. It seems like something that could have a lasting appeal like Mario Kart and Smash Bros

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I am a sucker for anything that's new and creative. Everything about this game screams "This is something you haven't seen before!" from the art to the gameplay. Both Nintendo and the shooter genre needed something fresh to liven them up, Splatoon is perfect for the job. I was hooked from day one.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
It's a new Nintendo IP; that was the initial big reason and is still strong. I want Nintendo to make new series, and I want it to have success in doing so.

The uniqueness of it and the colorfulness and the music all contributed to it, and now that I've played the demo, the gameplay as well.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
I remember first catching a gimps of this on e3. The one thing that got my hype was not only the concept of the game but the competitive value it brought. I was ecstatic that Nintendo was bringing something like this to the scene. I was happy that Nintendo would be working hard for my money ;-;

Lefty

Nice la~
How unique the concept of the game is. Color the most turf to secure victoryyyy

Kzero

Inkster Jr.
Fell in love the moment I saw the premier at E3. The colors, the music, the cuteness...I took it all in. After a few months of wondering what was so great about the game, it hit me. This is almost like a new generation of Jet Set Radio. The emphasis on "cool" and fashion, instead of graffiti there's paint like ink that you have to cover the level with (instead of tagging), the momentum of the gameplay, instead of grinding and wallies you're diving in ink and long jumping, and the unique music and bright color. It's an adorable game with a unique setting and great fun factor. Can't wait to play and stream! <3

CracklinOats

Inkling
NNID
ScoobMoob
Not usually a fan of shooters, but it looked interesting in terms of gameplay. Played some of the demo, and loved every second of it. It's a fresh, movement based multiplayer game, and my Wii U library needs sprucing up. Plus, dressing up your very own squid loli and noscoping kids? Sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom