What are some features you would like to see in dlc

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
Wow, I'm away for two days and this thread explodes.......

Different hair styles.
I have a thread where theres a huge amount of discussion about that. :)

Honestly, I'd rather not have Pro Controller support because dual analogs are a relic of the past people need to let go of already. In fact if I was in charge I'd take out the option to disable motion controls on the Gamepad so people are forced to get used to the new way of doing things. We're talking positional inputs vs. velocity, same principle as mouse/keyboard in a format that can finally be used on a console. We finally have something better, so can we please just kill dual analogs now?

Then again, we saw what happened to Kid Icarus Uprising, just can't force people to move on no matter how much better it is. Sigh.
Its already confirmed that you can turn the motion controls off.

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
woah did not expect the thread to get this big.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Why is dual analog a relic of the past? Every console shooter uses it. And a lot of players prefer it. If I can't use mouse and keyboard, I, and I assume many others, would want to use dual analog.

I never see the point in limiting control options. Making them more numerous and diverse makes the game more accessible.
Analog sticks are purely velocity based, they set a speed your reticle moves per frame. That means it takes time to move a given distance. You can try to compensate for this by turning sensitivity up, but that still only goes so far and then you lose the ability to make precise small adjustments.

Motion controls, just like a mouse, are positional. You move it a set distance, and your reticle moves a set distance, instantly. You can just as easily spin around or make small adjustments. It does everything and it does it fast.

People have run experiments of mouse players against analog players, and every time the mouse players had a massive advantage. I believe there was also one test with Wiimote pointer controls, which were found to be close enough to a mouse and again way better than analogs.

I suppose maybe having a game that does offer both will give people the chance to jump into ranked, get destroyed, and see the light.

Hi_C

Full Squid
It's hard for me to say what I would like for DLC since the game hasn't been released yet. Things that I can think of off the top of my head are
  • Theater mode
  • Private Matches
  • More controller options
  • Map editor
  • Spectator mode

Aura

Infiltrator
I'm gonna go ahead and list some things I'd like to see.
  • Replay Editor: If anyone here has seen some TF2 or Halo replays, you know the camera is pretty much boundless. A replay editor could be added to create and record that "awesome moment" while also showing the different angles in it, etc.
  • Capture The Flag/Team Deathmatch/Free For All: Not really features but still worth noting. I would love to see these game types added in the future.
  • Octoling Mode: Ever play Halo and you play those modes where you play as Elites instead of Spartans? Something like this could be added as well.
  • Controller Options: This should of already been a thing. The Gamepad is, in my opinion, uncomfortable, for the type of gameplay Splatoon offers, and with the reintroduction of the GameCube controller, it seems kind of silly that they wouldn't promote it. I'm hoping controller support comes- because I fear my experience may be tarnished (guarantee that rustled some jimmies but I ain't sorry).
  • Weapon Customization: I'm sure we all, if I may, want to alter our gun's appearance. Whether it be color, form. I'd dig it. I think something like this was introduced but I can't remember.
  • Challenges: Halo: Reach has something like this and I love it. Once a week there are a list of challenges that, when completed, earn you a reward. Wouldn't hurt to make the difficult challenges award Super Sea Snails. :v

I'm sure I can think of more but I'll leave it at that.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The Testfire has made me realize what this game really needs most of all: regional matchmaking. Like, does Nintendo even know what ping is?

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
The Testfire has made me realize what this game really needs most of all: regional matchmaking. Like, does Nintendo even know what ping is?
Mario Kart 8 has regional options, so that isn't outside their standards.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I remember back in the DS era they had it in almost every game, then they started taking it out one by one for some reason. I think MK might be the only one left. Not even Smash has it now, and that's the one game where it should matter most!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
woah did not expect the thread to get this big.
Well, people want a lot of things added in to the game. I'm personally am fine with the game is now, but more content is always a good thing.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
Analog sticks are purely velocity based, they set a speed your reticle moves per frame. That means it takes time to move a given distance. You can try to compensate for this by turning sensitivity up, but that still only goes so far and then you lose the ability to make precise small adjustments.

Motion controls, just like a mouse, are positional. You move it a set distance, and your reticle moves a set distance, instantly. You can just as easily spin around or make small adjustments. It does everything and it does it fast.

People have run experiments of mouse players against analog players, and every time the mouse players had a massive advantage. I believe there was also one test with Wiimote pointer controls, which were found to be close enough to a mouse and again way better than analogs.

I suppose maybe having a game that does offer both will give people the chance to jump into ranked, get destroyed, and see the light.
But what about if your disabled? If you find it hard to move your arms, or it hurts to move them quickly, then the motion controls will make the game unplayable.

It's hard for me to say what I would like for DLC since the game hasn't been released yet. Things that I can think of off the top of my head are
  • Theater mode
  • Private Matches
  • More controller options
  • Map editor
  • Spectator mode
Private matches are confirmed to be DLC.

Hi_C

Full Squid
But what about if your disabled? If you find it hard to move your arms, or it hurts to move them quickly, then the motion controls will make the game unplayable.

Private matches are confirmed to be DLC.
Can you edit the length of matchs and other things? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I would love to see new "color packs" for the ink. .

I'm honestly just excited to see all the things they will add in the future updates!

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
I pretty much want some new types of weapons or new weapons in general.

Also since you can customize your inkling with clothes, how about cloths from other Nintendo games like
Mario or the Legend of Zelda?

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
Well, I'm sure somebody else already said this and I just didn't see it, but I would love it if there was a multiplayer online mode. My brother and I love playing games together, and we would love a mode that allows both of us to play online together. d: And I'm really going to be disappointed in Nintendo if they don't do that, as I don't see why not.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Apart from the well known top priority things like LAN, spectator mode etc. I'd like to see following stuff:

High Priority
- 2-player-queue: 4-player is confirmed, but I'd really like an option to just team up with a single friend and play against others. It can be hassle to get sessions with 3 friends organized regularly.
- Team Ranked mode: not confirmed either
- Duo Ranked mode :cool:

Mid Priority
- 4- or 5-player FFA mode
- Bomberman mode: Explosives only with adjusted ink usage of the sub weapons
- more modes in general: I really hope Nintendo plans to add more after Rainmaker
- free map and mode selection in every mode

Lower Priority
- more axially symmetric maps like Rig instead of point symmetric ones
- more different sub and special weapons
- interchangable main slots on gear
- new gear with 2 main slots :p

Osmo

Inkling
NNID
Osmo_007
- splitscreen online mode (2/4)
- option to choose splatzones/towerdefense
- option TOO TURN OF THE #@$#$%#$ MUSIC
- spectator mode
- pants!!!!
- 3 maps a round like splatfest
- no roller/brush mode
- option to opt out of splatfest instead doing turfwars all day

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Ah yes, more soundtracks should be high priority, too. I knew I forgot something before.
4 songs (+ last minute) for the whole game is really weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom