• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What Are The Biggest Problems In Splatoon 2?

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Good idea. Now, the winner gets 24 sea snails, and the loser gets 21 if they have the maximum rank. it used to be that the loser got 18, and with how extremely important sea snails were in Splatoon 1, it was a seriously big deal. It's a much welcomed change. :p
Defiantly. Improving the amount of sea snails you can get is very well appreciated.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
My biggest gripe is the ping based matchmaking.

Because of this players are all paired against people from the same region. I greatly miss being able to play with the highly skilled Japanese S+ players. They really challenged me to play well. (Not to mention it's so annoying to play with people that look like they should be in a B lobby)

Worse than my personal gripes, my friend in Australia (Latias) can only be paired with said Japanese. This resulted in her all Australian team to not get A SINGLE GAME in the splatfest, because the matchmaking is so bad

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Not being able to change weapons while waiting in the lobby and connection issues.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Another gripe I have is team making in an individual lobby is awful.

I wound up in the same S+ lobby as my clanmate, and the game put us on the same team, as well as a jet squelcher he had played 6 games with already (the jet went 21 kills no deaths)

The other team had no chance at all, our team demolished them because the matchmaking put all the skilled players on one team. This happens constantly to me, 1 team gets all of or most of the best players in the lobby, so unless I get triple or quad kills, I will never go up the ranks

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
New maps, we need new maps. I feel like whenever I go on, it's the same crappy map I hate (Humpback Pump Track), it's always there, somewhere. Hopefully we'll get a new map soon..

Also, the main plaza could use some work. It personally bugs me that whenever I exit out of anything, it returns me all the way back to the start point in the back. Not a huge thing, but it would be nice not to have to walk the whole way back (like when Salmon Run is happening, I sometimes like to do a few rounds and then switch over to turf wars or ranked for a bit and then back to SR), especially since the movement speed is a tad slow.

And lastly, is when the game triggers the internet connection. I sometimes take the Switch to work, but because the wifi is terribly unreliable, I only do single player campaign. Of course when I go on, it alerts me that I'm not connected, which is fine. But when I get back home, the game doesn't trigger the internet connection until I go into the lobby for turf wars. And then it says connect to the internet, and boots me back out into the main plaza.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Literally anything to do with playing with friends is archaic to the point of over a decade. All of the "issues" fixing these things would cause have also been solved. A decade ago. It's embarrassing, because everything else is almost perfect.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
Really wish you had the ability to exit the lobby before the game starts. Sometimes I'll accidentally press "continue" after a battle when I wanted to stop so I'm stuck going thru yet another round.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Regional matchmaking, it's becoming kind of a joke at this point. But depending on how the game's coded global matchmaking may now be close to impossible at this point.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think balance is mostly pretty good, except that Ink Armor is very random because of the tick rate. It can be equivalent to 150 HP in one case and to basically nothing in another.

Salmon Run needs to be a bit more consistent or not penalize you so easily. Last night's set was Octobrush, Goo Tuber, Heavy Splatling, and Dapple Dualies. Two short-range weapons, the Tuber which is strictly inferior to any other charger in this mode, leaving only the slow Splatling to deal with anything at range. I didn't even try because it would have just meant a ton of lost rank.

They have an awful lot of weapons to release, they could certainly pick up the pace. But it's only been 3 weeks, so I'm not upset (yet) at no new maps. We could use some soon, though, especially the remakes from Splatoon 1. Show us some maps we actually liked!

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Actually thats my favorite part of salmon run, play with strange weapon selection.

Its so much fun to discover new ways to engage salmons with other weapons.

I enjoy salmon run so much i dont care about my rank anymore, i reached 240% and full boss, i win two runs and gain an item, thats fast enough.

shudder

Senior Squid
The lag and/or netcode/low tick rate, I've complained about it in 1 and it's still a fairly big problem in the sequel so far. Besides that I'd say the matchmaking and regional play is a problem, especially with the low amount of teams (not sure how low) but it results in playing the same teams over and over in league play.

I also kind of miss the old rank system, the new system seems catered to more casual players which I understand but it kind of defeats the purpose of it when it's so easy and lenient.

Weapon balance also needs to be addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom