what are you hoping for in terms of new main weapons?

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
this can also be a whole new weapon class, but the weapons that didn’t get any new main weapon since the release of splatoon 3 are dualies, brella, splatana, and stringers. that doesn’t mean you can’t hope for or reply with ideas for other main weapon types that can come in continued content updates or splatoon 4. either way i would love to see people’s ideas for anything!

(skip this part if you just wanna reply with your hopes / ideas)
i will talk about a splatana concept because that’s what i mostly play. so what if they add a splatana that has no projectiles, like a real sword. it is a lightweight and has max strafe speed, like wiper. its horizontal swings are extremely fast, probably like 1.3 - 1.5 x wiper’s speed, and they paint a pretty big area around the user and maybe splats in 4 hits. its melee hitbox be pretty long, probably also 1.4 - 1.5 x stamper’s melee range. the charge slash can probably be the same time to charge as stamper’s, if not a bit longer, but the dash will send you very far, like grizzco stamper’s. it will paint along the dash as well. the horizontal swings take the same ink as wiper and the charge slash takes the same as stamper. 1 thing to note about charge slashes in general is that you don’t actually hit someone in the trajectory of the dash, only someone at the end of it and getting hit by the melee hitbox. it’s hard to tell since stamper and wiper have short dashes. the general idea with this splatana is that in its short range, it can paint and splat very quickly. its charge slash is meant for getting in, almost like a tetra dualies would be able to by dodge rolling through enemy ink. the charge slash could probably even be like makeshift charger shot, since it goes pretty fast and 1 shots, except you actually go to that location and if you miss you are probably getting punished immediately. splat bomb or suction bomb and maybe fizzy bomb would be the most synergistic sub weapon, since this splatana can’t follow up on chip damage from a burst bomb, line marker, or torpedo, it doesn’t benefit from location that much from auto bombs or point sensor, it doesn’t have the range to need a splash wall, and we don’t talk about sprinkler. splat bomb and suction are good because its lethal damage at a distance, good against dealing with longer range weapons mid combat. fizzy could be good to throw into a choke point and have it assist you in there while you are diving. out of all of them, splat bomb is probably the best fit. it’s speed is better than the value from being able to easily get a bomb on tower and its lethal as soon as the fuse time is up but fizzy is chip damage over time which isn’t as synergistic with this weapon. for specials, it could work with pretty much anything. it can paint fast for something like cooler or missiles, but it could benefit from stuff to get rid of backlines like crab tank or trizooka or it can have an aggressive special since its an aggressive weapon like ultra stamp or triple splashdown. since the weapon doesn’t actually exist its difficult to say what sub weapon or special would be the best fit. okay that was really long turns out weapon concepts take a lot of explaining. anyway, if you did read all this let me know if it’s dumb or cool

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I've heard about a potential new stringer that is more similar to the tri stringer than to the reeflux, but more heavy weight and with arrows that explode on impact and I am quite excited if those claims are true.
But I don't think it's going to release anytime soon, so I'd rather put my hopes on a new brella. Perhaps an inconsistent/****ed up kind (By that, I mean stuff like what s-blast is to blasters, what swig and flingza are to rollers, what ballpoint is to splatlings, so on and so on. basically just a weapon with something other than just a change of speed and range that consistent throughout the weapon). I think every class need their lil ****ed up gremlin.

puddy

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2079-8138-0414
I doubt the new stringer will be meta, but i do hope it gets a good kit that can help it see a lot of use

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i had some theories about what the 4 remaining weapons could be based on their internal WIP names (which admittedly don't mean much), so i guess i'll drop them here cuz i think they're cool ideas

dualie: backline dualie, something with a really slow laggy dodge roll but with a splatling-like firerate afterwards. would be a really fun playstyle imo

brella: a really accurate brella with a consistent 2-shot (~60 damage) but with a weaker shield in exchange, probably about the same as the undercover's shield (but a bit bigger maybe?). i kinda picture it playing similarly to a .52 gal, it'd be a brella focused on slaying rather than support

stringer: a blaster-like stringer where your projectiles explode mid-air and have very little gravity, traveling further based on charge time. i figure its range and speed would make it feel similar to the rapid blaster pro in terms of its role and playstyle, but can play a bit more defensively at times

splatana: i like coming up with backline concepts for frontline classes lol. a backline splatana could have a vertical slash that's a 1-shot with nearly splat charger range, at the expense of being an extremely slow projectile (around blob speed, if not slower). horizontal slash would be a 2-shot but be really slow to swing, and horizontal + melee hitbox would probably also combo into a 1-shot for defending yourself

i do not have theming ideas for any of these but i wish i did

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I want to see a Brella that uses its launched shield as a projectile.
I have a couple of ideas for how this could work:

The Rocket Launcher: When launched, the shield collapses and flies straight forward, becoming a projectile immune to damage. Flies to about Snipewriter range and deals lethal damage, but travels slow enough to be easily dodgable at a distance.

The Shredder: A Brella that does high shield contact damage and fires/regenerates its shield quickly, allowing for shield launch combos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom