• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What are you more excited for the gatling gun or the bucket?

What are you more excited for the gatling gun or the bucket?

• Gatling Gun

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Bucket

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I can't wait for the bucket to drop in the August update literally!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm more into the Gatling Gun since it sounds like something you could use to wreck your foes after getting past the windup time.

Of course, if that windup takes too long I may have to give the bucket a shot as well. It might be insta-kill but I don't think it covers turf as quickly as the gun.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Definitely the bucket. I'm the kind of player that can swiftly move across the battlefield with grace and pride, planting bombs to scare enemies and reclaiming enemy turf with ease. I can even move around my enemies using my excellent prediction skills and land myself on their flank, ready to ink them...

Except I miss. My aim is absolutely atrocious. Shooters are my best class, but that's just for getting around really. About 70% of my kills are from Splat Bombs. Anyways, I feel like the wider range of the bucket could ease this pain.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Gatling. It seems like a rapid fire blaster 'cause of the wind up and how the Inkling squints, and only chargers squint. I dunno, I'm just stealing from Gamexplain. :P

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Oh it's a tough choice. On the one hand I have light TF2 experience, so the minigun appeals to me on that level. On the other hand, the bucket rubs me as a shotgun type weapon, and I love shotguns. Probably give the Bucket the edge here since it's a far more unique weapon design-wise. (Which is ironic because it's more or less a common item that can be found anywhere)

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Well...
On the one hand, the bucket is really unique (I can't think of another game where you could use buckets as a weapon), and it looks fairly strong. Additionally, it looks like it could ink vertically pretty well, which is a problem I usually have with close-range-type weapons (Rollers, Inkbrushes, Luna Blaster). On the other hand, it looks like the kind of weapon that'll disappoint me when I try it out. Ooh, but if I had a third hand, I'd probably end up liking it after a week or so (that happened with the Octobrush, in that order: good first impression > disliked on release > retried a week later and loved it).
As for the gatling, I've always wondered why that wasn't already in Splatoon. Honestly, I'd expected a gatling-gun-type thing to be added as a Special at some point, kind of as a rapid-fire pinpoint-precision counterpoint to the Inkzooka (if that makes any sense). But apparently it's gonna be a regular weapon, thus not as good as I'd pictured (a bit obvious, most Specials would probably be nerfed as regular weapons). Having said that, this is the weapon that got me excited while I was watching that trailer that had it. I'm hoping it has great range (please be Jet-Squelchery), but if it has great power I'll be fine with it only reaching midrange. Still, it could end up being awful if the windup's too long.
I'll have to see which one ends up a mainstay of my arsenal when they come out (hopefully soon!), but for now I'm more excited about the Gatlink Gun.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'm sort of in the middle, but favoring towards the bucket. I'll have to wait on the special/sub load-outs to really decide which one's staying with me.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
The minigun looks bretty cool, I hope it's a shooter, because, I don't know, I just don't like playing chargers. The bucket seems cool, kind of like a brush mixed with a shooter.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
As long as the spread isn't too crazy, then the gatling gun.

SciDan

Inkling
NNID
SciDan
Bucket
Because in the nintendo press conference stated, the gattling charges like a charger class and released to spray the ink. Since I do not am not good with the charger class weapons I think the bucket will be more suited to me.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
I am looking forward to using the gatling yet I get the feeling the bucket may be the new popular weapon of choice. On August 6 the age of buckets begins.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I am looking forward to using the gatling yet I get the feeling the bucket may be the new popular weapon of choice. On August 6 the age of buckets begins.
I am so tempted to make a Homestuck bucket joke right now but I'm not sure how many people here will get it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Bucket. I am always a bigger fan of uniquely designed weapons. Going to be really interesting trying it out, especially since it apparently has "Water throwing out of a bucket" physics.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
As interesting as I think the bucket will be as a weapon, I'm very interested in seeing a high ROF, long ranged weapon, which is what I'm expecting the Gatling to be

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Gatling because Heavy Weapons Squid. If it comes with Bubbler, then I am Ink Proof.

I can still make some TF2 references with the bucket though, so that is good. I am just going to most likely be annoyed by how many buckets I will most definitely see online. And if people thought rollers or blasters were bad, then I don't want to know what they will think about the bucket, which is most likely filled with the tears of their victims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom