• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you all think we are getting after the update?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I probably make it sound simpler than it is.
But I am sure that would be much simpler to do, than doing some of the other ideas, that people are suggesting.
It's not simple at all. They would have to completely remake all the gear models to fit the Octoling. That's a lot of work, not just a simple "adjustment".

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
It's not simple at all. They would have to completely remake all the gear models to fit the Octoling. That's a lot of work, not just a simple "adjustment".
Only the head-gear, due to the Octoling-hair being that much bigger.

Everything else works perfectly.
After all, Octolings have the exact same body proportions as Inklings. ;)

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
See, thing is, what if they'd already put a bunch of work towards implementing playable Octolings? What if they'd always had it planned, but simply didn't have the feature ready at launch?

It may be stupid to assume that adding these features doesn't take a lot of work, but neither is it too bright to assume how much work has already been put in.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
More single-player stuff is possible. Maybe an Octoling mode (would make the tumblr post about Octolings make sense, at least to me) where you play as an Octoling and the enemies are Inklings with various weapons (and the final level is Cap'n Cuttlefish backed up by Agents 1, 2 and 3), or maybe just new levels. Or a Hard Mode, I'd like that. Or all of the above.
I saw Octoling amiibo in this thread, and that would be cool as well, though I don't see it happening any time in the near future (but I'd probably get it if it did). Perhaps we could get more amiibo functionality. Either just themed clothes (2-star stuff, like the other amiibo gear), or more challenge levels (like on the Splatoon amiibo).
And maybe playable Octolings in multiplayer modes. That's a possibility as well, and I wouldn't have a problem with that happening.
Also, more stages.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
They're of course going to add more maps and weapons, and probably gear as well. I'm honestly not sure there will be much past that. The way they talk about Rainmaker makes it seem like the only upcoming mode, but it could just be the only one currently in the works. (with plans for more modes to be released afterwards) I think we'll see around 15 maps total, and around 100 weapons when the updates are complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom