• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you do at the start of a Turf War?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
There are many ways to start a Turf War, different strategies for different weapons. What do you do right when you are able to move and after 30 seconds?
Do you ink around your area? Rush to the middle? Ink parts where your team mates miss? Make a sniping spot? Other?

I like to ink the part where I'm going to go, and the area around it. I don't stick around the spawn area unless my teammates missed a giant spot, then rush to the middle.

Clayton-D

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Clayton-D
If I'm using a weapon with good range on it, I like to get to the center ASAP and harass the enemy team while my team takes over as much ground as possible.

If I'm using a roller or something short range, then it's time to charge that special meter!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Whenever I use charger, I aim at the part no one is going to and proceed from there. As a shooter, I stand there for a second looking to see what everyone else does before doing my own thing. I prefer supporting my teammates so I always try to act as needed. If the area around needs painting, I'll probably do that.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
I usually use the Aerospray to shoot and squid jump to the center of the stage. When I see the other team I will either shoot them or run away to charge up my Inkstrike to attack their base. If I manage to get an inkstrike I would then proceed to get the the stage and die.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
Depending on what my teammates do, I either rush to the center or cover missing spots around the base.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I generally use the roller, so I usually start by covering as much ground near the spawn point before going in. Once I'm satisfied, I make my way in the center. I notice a lot on my closer matches that we lost, our team's ink was patchy. So I try to make sure to fill in those spots.

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I always try to cover the area around the base and make sure all pathways to the center are inked.
There have been too many matches, where my team couldn't get back to the center anymore, because the base area was barely painted and therefor nobody was really able to take different routes to the center stage without taking time to paint routes (or they don't, and just take the middle path to rush into the center while always getting killed over and over).
I think this is very important because it isn't always possible to squidjump to your partners locations, being able swim to the center as fast as possible without taking the most obvious route can be crucial. So, while my other team members rush towards the center, I make sure the base is inked and all pathways are secured.

Last edited:

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
With a Splattershot Jr. I always push one side or the other towards the center until I get my bubble charged. This forces the other team to play a little bit more defensively, and if I activate the bubble shield fairly quickly, it allows my teammates to catch up and control the middle.

BuoyantPigeon

Inkling
I go straight to the middle, spread some ink around there and usually engage the enemy. If I win the fight, I spread more ink to get the bubble and move towards their base. If I lose the fight, I start filling in the gaps around spawn and move back to the middle.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Push, because if I don't they will.

Platypudding

Full Squid
Hey guys, I went ahead and moved this to multiplayer discussion. Just a quick reminder to everyone to keep threads about the online game modes and such in here.

For me, I generally head straight towards the middle of the map and try to hold it. If the base needs to be covered later, i can go back and do that, but I love having my early advantage.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Rush the middle first. Once I die, I go back to fill the gaps.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
It really depends. If more than 1 of my teammates it already rushing to the middle of the map to attack, I'll stick around base and cover it. If everyone else is going another direction, I'll go to attack.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I usually start out inking around the base and then slowly make my way to the center while still inking where I can. Usually my teammates just rush to the center without caring about around our base so I do it myself. Free special weapon for me I guess.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I continue shooting forward and go around the back of my spawn to cover the area without wasting any time.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I spray the starting area to build up an Inkstrike, then make my way to a good spot to flank and ambush. No team communication, so I need to take my own initiative depending upon the actions of the teammates. I see them all charge in, I make my way around the side after dropping an Inkstrike behind the enemy

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Each map tends to have that one spot you should rush to and take control of it to set your team up for success. I usually leave the base uninked until I respawn. If I have a sprinkler, I just lay it down at the start of a match to help build up super pretty quickly.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I take the route to the center the rest of my team doesn't so it gets covered, if there's still an uninked route when I respawn I take that in order to cover it.

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
I react to my teammates and do my own thing, usually. If two or more charge ahead to try and take the middle of the map, I'll stay behind and ink base. If they're not going anywhere fast, I take it upon myself to beeline it to choke points. Unless I'm using the .52 Gal/Deco, in which case I try and stick to someone right at the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom