What do you do at the start of a Turf War?

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
It varies on what I'm using.

Charger - Shoot a bunch of ink lines to try and get to one of my "spots" as quick as possible

Roller - stick around and paint the base up

Shooter - A lot like the charger but I keep on moving forward.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I rollout to whatever position I like to on the map as soon as possible at round start, followed by usually watching a choke or trying to punish overextenders. I don't bother with base painting unless I die really soon for some reason.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I always try to rush the center (as much as I can rush with a .52 Gal Deco, it usually works best on Port Mackerel because I can sends Seekers along the corridors and follow behind them to recharge, move forward and see what happens to my bomb at the same time, it usually works pretty well at moving quickly). Sometimes I play Krak-On Splat Roller and beeline toward the center, creating an ink-trail for my teammates to use later if they want/need to.
Exceptions to this strategy are Blackbelly Skatepark (I don't have a consistent opening move here; sometimes I beeline toward the center, sometimes I ink the right corridor and possibly take out the roller that went there too, sometimes I ink that left area and go from there), Saltspray Rig (sometimes I head to the higher area, sometimes the lower area, sometimes I jump down and ink the walkway to the lower area and intercept someone going to ink the lower area; this one doesn't really have a center, so I'm not sure what the best move is here) and Walleye Warehouse (going into the center always ends in getting splatted, so I ink either the left or right pathway before joining the fight.
Also, sometimes I put on a bunch of Special Charge Ups (they have other stuff too, but mostly Special Charge Ups) so I can get an Inkstrike (or Kraken, when I'm rolling with the Krak-On Splat Roller) and launch that before I join the fray (or join the fray as an invincible Kraken, which always fels good). This doesn't work as well on Walleye or Saltspray as I'd like, so I've been considering doing this with a Bubbler-having weapon too, but I'm not sure which one to go with. Maybe the Splattershot Jr?
Probably not the best way to open up a match (maybe I'm overextending? I tend to do that), but I think it generally works for me since I generally use shooters like the Gals or the Aerospray RG in Turf Wars (Aerospray RG is surprisingly effective in firefights, especially up close) or the Krak-On Splat Roller (I feel like I should try to take the lead more when I use rollers, since I'm spreading ink by moving).

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Depends. I definitely take into account what my team is doing. If they're really slow to move forward then I'll spend more time painting than rushing which nets me a special to use at the first encounter. I do like to rush to important choke points if I can, but some of them are death traps without team members to back you up.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
It varies upon my team composition. If we can cover turf quickly, then I'll try to push for mid control. Otherwise, I tend to spray for parts we didn't get yet (especially if I get splat in the crossfire).

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
Shooters- Cover as much of my team's non-mid area as much as possible.
Rollers- Make a highway toward mid for others to quickly use to get back into the fray, then start sweeping the mid area.
Charger (rare instance I use it)- Cover and protect areas that could be used for easy spawn camping. The enemy must not be allowed to suffocate my team.
Blasters- idklol.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Get to mid asap when using charger or shooter weapon.

Get to mid while covering as much turf for roller.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I typically like to push for the center of the map but I'll also go any way a teammate doesn't go (unless all paths have someone going to them then I'll follow the one going center except in Saltspray Rigs' case where I'll go where there are less teammates to help or provide covering fire for them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom