• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you think of the new Shifty Station?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
AKA MC.Princess Diaries which has to be the worst possible name for any stage. Honestly, it's a REALLY well designed stage imo. It's like Blackbelly, but I daresay much better because it's more open. The Hyperbombs don't seem to do much but make flanking easier, and the Killer Wail is super fun and allows for quick comebacks made easier. This is definitely the BEST stage ever for Turf War, but what do you think?

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Hearing fly octo fly in it and seeing the statue in the background made me cry, that's what I think ;w;

More seriously, I think it's well designed, though it's a bit difficult for me to work out what's technically turf vs wall due to how it slopes, but I've always had difficulty with that. I'm not a fan about how you can't blow up every hyperbomb, only specific ones for your team, but I think overall it's well designed and great fanservice to people who adored octo expansion

Cephalobro

I like the unique mechanics and aesthetics, however, what I hate about it is that single choke point near the middle from both sides.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I loved it. It feels like a proper finale for the game, and the layout is fun. I'm gonna miss it, like a lot of Shifties.

The bombs and Princess Cannon complement the goal of Turf War nicely. They should make more of these kind of stages in Splatoon 3, where there's some other sub-goals in the stage, but the goal is still to control most of the stage at the end.

Ikalula

Inkling
Personally, I really enjoyed MC Princess Diaries. The sloped walls and alternative routes made it easier to escape people trying to camp in your base imo. I'm probably biased though, as I mainly just enjoy the aspect wherein the game turns to total chaos at the 1 minute mark as everyone scrambles to be the one to fire the Killer Wail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom