what do you think of the ranking system

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Hello everyone,

What do you all think about Splatoon's ranking system?
I understand that its team based because its a team multiplayer game but still.
If you are in a group with 3 children you can have a very hard time.

I think Nintendo need to fix it a little.

let me know what you all think, maybe i can see it from another way.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Hello everyone,

What do you all think about Splatoon's ranking system?
I understand that its team based because its a team multiplayer game but still.
If you are in a group with 3 children you can have a very hard time.

I think Nintendo need to fix it a little.

let me know what you all think, maybe i can see it from another way.
I think the ranking system is fine.

I do not see any issue with your teammates being children. If you have not noticed already, Splatoon is targeted towards a younger audience. Also, an increase in age does not necessarily correlate to an increase in performance.

How would Nintendo fix it, even if it is an issue?

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
I think the ranking system is fine.

I do not see any issue with your teammates being children. If you have not noticed already, Splatoon is targeted towards a younger audience. Also, an increase in age does not necessarily correlate to an increase in performance.

How would Nintendo fix it, even if it is an issue?
First off all. i hate people that stamp a game for children or adult. its stupid and childich.
This ranking system is bad in the way that if you play good but 3 children in your team are noobs, then everything comes down to you.
fine if you lose them but still if you score way better en perform way better then the noobs in your team you lose points. and sometimes alot.

There are alot of games online that have team based games, but ranking can be by your own performens.
i don't see why Nintendo can't do this. But then again if you ask me games these day's must be for everything and everyone. when i was young you had 2 options. become better or sell the game.
I think nintendo is forgetting the old fans that made then who and what they are now.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
First off all. i hate people that stamp a game for children or adult. its stupid and childich.
This ranking system is bad in the way that if you play good but 3 children in your team are noobs, then everything comes down to you.
fine if you lose them but still if you score way better en perform way better then the noobs in your team you lose points. and sometimes alot.

There are alot of games online that have team based games, but ranking can be by your own performens.
i don't see why Nintendo can't do this. But then again if you ask me games these day's must be for everything and everyone. when i was young you had 2 options. become better or sell the game.
I think nintendo is forgetting the old fans that made then who and what they are now.
You must hate many people then, since a significant amount of media content has some sort of rating to suggest an appropriate age for the targeted audience. This is because there are people, often adults, that support the idea of restricting mature themes from young minds for a responsible, healthy development in their age groups. If you do not like how the ESRB supports people like those, perhaps you should contact them.

As I stated earlier, children and thus, their age, do not necessarily correlate to their performance. This is easily supported by the amount of players that are children, but are at high ranks, such as S and S+. There was even a poll on Squidboards to determine both the average age and rank of each member (somewhere in the General Discussion board). If your performance was good, but you still lose, then performing better is your next goal. Look for ways to improve your gameplay instead of blaming it on others, since that benefits no one.

Ranked Battles are exactly what you are talking about then, if you want to be ranked in relation to performance. Nintendo has already implemented this in Splatoon, so unless you are still below level 10, it should be your next destination. As for the two options you mentioned, they should still be there if you simply accept them as choices still. Selling games can still be done at an old age, and improving should still be an option unless you have given up.

As for your comment about Nintendo, they have other games if you have unpleasant feelings about Splatoon. Recently there have been remakes, which are dedicated to nostalgic fans, such as Wind Waker HD, Megaman Legacy Collection, etc. I am quite sure that is how Nintendo would show they care about their old fanbase.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i like the ranking system just fine what i don't like is the gun composition at times because with a impossible mix your doomed from the start

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
You must hate many people then, since a significant amount of media content has some sort of rating to suggest an appropriate age for the targeted audience. This is because there are people, often adults, that support the idea of restricting mature themes from young minds for a responsible, healthy development in their age groups. If you do not like how the ESRB supports people like those, perhaps you should contact them.

As I stated earlier, children and thus, their age, do not necessarily correlate to their performance. This is easily supported by the amount of players that are children, but are at high ranks, such as S and S+. There was even a poll on Squidboards to determine both the average age and rank of each member (somewhere in the General Discussion board). If your performance was good, but you still lose, then performing better is your next goal. Look for ways to improve your gameplay instead of blaming it on others, since that benefits no one.

Ranked Battles are exactly what you are talking about then, if you want to be ranked in relation to performance. Nintendo has already implemented this in Splatoon, so unless you are still below level 10, it should be your next destination. As for the two options you mentioned, they should still be there if you simply accept them as choices still. Selling games can still be done at an old age, and improving should still be an option unless you have given up.

As for your comment about Nintendo, they have other games if you have unpleasant feelings about Splatoon. Recently there have been remakes, which are dedicated to nostalgic fans, such as Wind Waker HD, Megaman Legacy Collection, etc. I am quite sure that is how Nintendo would show they care about their old fanbase.

great you say all this, but most of it is based on what you think and not how i play, but thats no problem you can't see it.
and that nintendo is remaking games if fine and good, but i like to see playtonic things.

then i think you don't get me right, and maybe i hate lots of people because people don't like others opinion these day's (i do not say that its you)
we can talk all about this all day i like those things.

I respect what you say and what you think.
i just hope to get another vieuw on the ranking system so i can respect it like most gamers.

again i respect your idea's and thinking,
Safty and peace.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I think the ranking system could be better, but not in the way you're thinking.

As VideoGameVirtuoso said, children can be really good. My oldest son is age 9 and is just over rank S 80 and I have no reason to think he won't get to S+. My younger son is age 4 and is an A- and is good enough to get up to A+ for sure although he's become bored of the 'grind' (understandable for a 4 year old).

And of course very good players just have off days or games and play badly. I played a game recently where an S had a 0/8 K/D ratio in a game consisting mostly of A's and A-'s.

The problem I see with the ranked matching is that it does not appear random to me and seems to influence certain outcomes. I'm sure Nintendo has their reasons, but it can make for some undeserved and very frustrating losing streaks (and undeserved winning streaks too!) that very much don't appear like the benign result of random matching.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio

As VideoGameVirtuoso said, children can be really good. My oldest son is age 9 and is just over rank S 80 and I have no reason to think he won't get to S+. My younger son is age 4 and is an A- and is good enough to get up to A+ for sure although he's become bored of the 'grind' (understandable for a 4 year old).

And of course very good players just have off days or games and play badly. I played a game recently where an S had a 0/8 K/D ratio in a game consisting mostly of A's and A-'s.

The problem I see with the ranked matching is that it does not appear random to me and seems to influence certain outcomes. I'm sure Nintendo has their reasons, but it can make for some undeserved and very frustrating losing streaks (and undeserved winning streaks too!) that very much don't appear like the benign result of random matching.
i think most of you asume that i only play splatoon.
and yes there are children that have talent and that is nice and good.
but i find it that you need ranking by your gameplay and not team based

if someone on work gets a promotion get hole work floor a promotion then, answer is no. If someone on work ****s it up ( sorry for my word choice) does the hole work floor gets fired or whatever, answer is no.
splatoon is a team game. Making splatoon is done by a team
i hope you see where i am going.

how it works in splatoon works not for most other things in life.
what i find very good is that there is no boosting way in splatoon. Because you cant have a fool team

i thank everyone for there comments so far.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
i think most of you asume that i only play splatoon.
and yes there are children that have talent and that is nice and good.
but i find it that you need ranking by your gameplay and not team based

if someone on work gets a promotion get hole work floor a promotion then, answer is no. If someone on work ****s it up ( sorry for my word choice) does the hole work floor gets fired or whatever, answer is no.
splatoon is a team game. Making splatoon is done by a team
i hope you see where i am going.

how it works in splatoon works not for most other things in life.
what i find very good is that there is no boosting way in splatoon. Because you cant have a fool team

i thank everyone for there comments so far.
I think I understand. You're saying your rank should reflect your skill separate from how your team does? That'd be nice in a way especially because we can't choose our teammates. Though probably impossible for Nintendo to actually assess reliably.

However, following up on your work example with maybe a better example...

Should the quarterback in an American football team get credit for a touchdown if he threw an amazing pass his teammate couldn't catch? Or should a striker in a football (soccer) game get credit for a goal if he had an amazing shot on goal but his teammate tried to deflect the kick and angled it right into the goalkeepers' hands?

I think that having our fate partially in the hands of others is real life. As much as we may want to rule our own world we can't :) We get treated unfairly and judged unfairly. A game is supposed to be an escape from all that though, so maybe I should agree with you!

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Its bullocks, It rather reflect the skill of your team, internet speed and playtime than how good you are.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
I think I understand. You're saying your rank should reflect your skill separate from how your team does? That'd be nice in a way especially because we can't choose our teammates. Though probably impossible for Nintendo to actually assess reliably.

However, following up on your work example with maybe a better example...

Should the quarterback in an American football team get credit for a touchdown if he threw an amazing pass his teammate couldn't catch? Or should a striker in a football (soccer) game get credit for a goal if he had an amazing shot on goal but his teammate tried to deflect the kick and angled it right into the goalkeepers' hands?

I think that having our fate partially in the hands of others is real life. As much as we may want to rule our own world we can't :) We get treated unfairly and judged unfairly. A game is supposed to be an escape from all that though, so maybe I should agree with you!

Thank you for your understanding.
I do not say that this game is total bad because of 1 system in this game, no i like to see it in another way,
it must not be to easy to get to the top, but i have no time to play online splatoon i need to revieuw more games in 1 year.

and Nintendo is aming so everyone have fun in a game, but like Mario kart 8 online, i have no irritation of low and noob players. because they do not come in the first 4 positions in the race. and if i lose hard in mario kart then it is 100% sure i did very bad, and that is not the case in splatoon.

if only it would be so you get ranked points on how many kills and turf you make, and not team based.
thats all.
afther all i have fun and would give this game a 80/100 score.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Its bullocks, It rather reflect the skill of your team, internet speed and playtime than how good you are.
and thats also a big problem,
not everyone has the same internet speed.
lots of players use wifi, wifi is very bad for serious online gaming. lots of players perma fal out of a match and then you are with 3.
and stil you lose the big points (if you lose) how can that be fair.

and thats is not the problem of children but i think its de parents. the parent's do not game mutch let's stand serious gaming. then they lack the Exp to now that wired is better then wifi.

and internet speed is overal total different. i have a download from 120MB and a upload of 12MB
a friend of mine is living 2 streets from me and he has not even 50% of hat i have.

but on the other hand this disscusion can go on for ever and i like discussions as long each other respect there idea's.

I only wish nintendo would have the same ranking system as in halo, Call of Duty and AC games for example.
I have seen children in these games that are better then me.

(if someone want's to play with me add me on the wii u, i have socail media options for easy contacting)

thank you everyone for your comments. i have alittle more respect for the system in splatoon :)

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
What j can't stand is the fact that you loose points for a communication error. It's not my fault someone else has a crap Internet connection. Some people argue that players would abuse the lack of point loss if this was changed by just turning off their consol/ejecting the disk, but I'm sure they could remedy that by making you do loose points if you do that.

And if people still find a way to abuse the system? Whatever. There are already people who savescum for rank. If there's a way to abuse the system, people will find it.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet

i'm a A+ today i had a 11 game winning streak to be followed by a 7 game losing streak and the sad thing is this seems to happen to me alot.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
What j can't stand is the fact that you loose points for a communication error. It's not my fault someone else has a crap Internet connection. Some people argue that players would abuse the lack of point loss if this was changed by just turning off their consol/ejecting the disk, but I'm sure they could remedy that by making you do loose points if you do that.

And if people still find a way to abuse the system? Whatever. There are already people who savescum for rank. If there's a way to abuse the system, people will find it.
Yes that's really frustrating. I think they could better the situation somewhat, but I don't see a solution to it. There's no way for Nintendo to know whether you lost power or turned off the unit or if your connection was shaky or if you momentarily disabled your connection. How would any of us like it if our team were struggling but we thought we had a chance and then a player on our team gives up and disconnects and then we now have no chance at winning?

Ways I think they could improve the situation is if Nintendo took into account the fact that if a team loses a player in ranked part of the way through a game it is considerably harder to even simply defend. We shouldn't still lose 10 or even 8 points for the loss just because we had four players for part of the match.

Or, a week or so ago, my team lost a player on tower control immediately at the start and we still won the game but I only received 10 points.

It could be better for sure...

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Little side note: Today I was one win away from reaching B rank(-B 92) and ofcourse I get a disconnect.I was one of the last ones to dissapear on the map. And you guessed it, anotherone after that.

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
well.. I hate to go against my own squad member @Aquila Ezio but as you do accept his opinion what would you do to make it better, explain.

Also younger people will always play the game and sometimes they're older than you. don't judge how they play or in other words don't be a me lmao!

Try to lead the team, use your commons and booyah's because they may just encourage your team, if I see someone going in and they click common IM GOIN IN! sure sometimes teams are sorry, an example is how I got 22 and 23 kills in separate games and we still lost, there should be NO LOSING whatsoever when I killed over 23 PEOPLE!

One thing to help out it to try the stage with no team mates (press x before going on ranked or regular) Then explore and try to find good or hidden spot that will help you or shotcuts such as on piranha pit you can ink the lil side of the wall to climb it and get to the objective faster, and double the help because if an enemy tries to appear you can hide on the box and you're on the highground SOMETIMES granting you the advantage over your opponent.

But trust me I KNOW how you feel you have sorry team all the way till they bump you from s to c.

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
PEOPLE LETS START A STRIKE A TELL SPLATOON TO HAVE A BACK BUTTON INCASE YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE LOBBY INSTEAD OF MAKING YOUR TEAM MATES SUFFER CAUSE YOU HAD TO DO SOMETHING AND COULDNT MOVE FOR ONE MINUTE AND POSSIBLY CAUSE THEM TO LOSE THE GAME!

LETS ALSO TELL THEM TO NOT DEDUCT POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!BECAUSE OF CONNECTION LOST THATS JUST A NEEDLESS PUNISHMENT THAT THEY ADDED ITS THIER FAULT THAT THEY DIDNT ADD AN OPTION WHERE YOU CANT LEAVE THE LOBBY BEFORE EVERYONE JOINS! AND WHEN YOU CLICK OFF YOOUR OPPONENTS CALL YOU A NOOB! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!

AspireArt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Boponpa
To be honest, rank increases or decreases should depend on your position in your team. If you place first in your team and you lost, you should only lose a couple of points. If you win and you get last on your team, you should get fewer points. This would be better than random amounts in increases and decreases in points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom