• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What does your Inkling do for a living?

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I mean, you can make $1000+ per round in Splat games, and rake in possibly tens of thousands in a week. Are our Inklings like professional athletes or does your Inkling do something else for a living? Is there one Inkling out there who's parents wanted him to become a Splatter but he wanted to pursue his dreams as a Biomedical Engineer, but he has a hard time finding a job because he didn't specialize in a specific type of engineering so he moves back in with his parents to get a Masters in computer science while his parents cry themselves to sleep at night because their neighbor's kids became Splatters and make millions and drive nice cars and have big mansions and have made something of themselves while their still stuck supporting their son?

Tell me, Squidboards...what is your Inkling's REAL job? What crazy things to they spend their money on? Should I send my Inkling to college or will the Splat-game job market still be viable in 10 years?

crowmage

Inkling
NNID
crowmages
My squid furthered their education for a while at college and while they didn't go on and get their degree (man does college math su ck) they have a pretty steady job working at the local pet store. There were definitely disappointed parents.

But I got a responsible Inkling, he uses his hard earned money to pay rent at a small apartment, and very frequently wastes money on video games and feeding stray animals.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think my inkling could get a side-job as Sheldon's assistant when not busy with studies, checking the new weapons so they don't blow up (due to excesive pressure and the like) and maybe even fixing a few broken Inkbrushes and dud Inkstrikes ;)

Weapon discounts, anyone?

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
As for having 4 OCs of Squiddos, I might as well say what they're all interested in doing for their lives and how they make a livin'.

Whelp, Penelope/Sqwiddles is the one at home who does want to be a professional Splatter no matter what, even if she's smol and try to make it big with her weapon. She practice almost any chance she got or try to enter as many battles she can within a day before getting too tired or having to do other things in her daily life.

As for her big sis... Blandine really can care less about being this splatter. She's not even into fit shape to keep on running around to chase others with her Octobrush. So, she just got a simple job working at some store. It doesn't make as much as Penelope's Splatata job but it's enough money to live off of. If she need the extra cash, she'll try to do turf war here and there even though she can be pretty rusty and lose energy pretty quick. She tries. :'^)

Flann just enjoys turf war for fun but doesn't really want to make it a living like Penelope. He rather do something else like actually make weapons for Sheldon or just creating home made ones and selling them.

Blanche prefers to design outfits for squiddos rather than always entering the Turf Wars and Ranked Battles. With that she's trying to make it into the designing community, showing what her creativity is made of. But she doesn't mind being in some turf wars for an extra buck.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
I'd like to think my inkling does odd jobs while battling in turf wars, balancing work and education, whether she does recon for Cuttlefish or helping inklings learn the ropes in Sheldon's shop, to even just making sandwiches in the deli in the Inkopolis Plaza. Although battling seems to make quite a bit, she's probably doing those odd jobs to save up for... something...?

Amiibos, Vidya Games, Useless Junk

Who knows?

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
My inkling still lives at home with his parents. However he holds a steady job at a daycare within a school looking after the younger inklings. He is currently learning to cook for himself and trying to use his money responsibly so that when he does leave home he can fend for himself.

SwiftySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PlatninumGamer
My inkling has no job. He just goes out and splats Squid-kids. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom