• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What have you changed your mind about?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
By that question, I mean: what did you not like about the game when it first released, or when it was added that you have changed your mind about and you like now. Or what did you like about the game that you've now changed your mind about.

One thing for me has been a few of the maps. I hated Saltspray Rig when the game came out. I always did terrible on the map. Mostly because I always fought for the bottom, but once I learned to take the top and defend it I've gotten MUCH better. I now love when that map is on rotation in TW.

I used to love Port Mackerel. I think because back when the game first came out most people used short range weapons and rollers because they seemed to spread ink better. Now bunches of people use long range weapons and have gotten good with the snipers. So Port has become constant dipping and dodging through the death pathways. The map is too linear, with not a lot of different paths you can take easily.

I used to hate the squelchers. They didn't cover like the aerosprays, and I had to really work at killing people, unlike the rollers (when the game first came out). Now, I've been the most successful with the Dual Squelcher and the Custom Jet Squelcher. They let me outrange lots of people and play much more defensively, which seems to be my style most of the time.

Now I don't really like the aerosprays anymore. They have no range, terrible TTK, and horrible spread which makes RNG your enemy. The kits aren't that useful either.

What about you?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Once I unlocked the Jet Squelcher, that's all I used. That is, until I was told to use another weapon, and I found the Aero RG. Nowadays, I almost never use the Jet Squelcher. Plus, I kinda moved on from the Aero to the Wasabi and the '89 (ish). In terms of modes, I switch from a love to hate relationship with Rainmaker really quick. (I now favor Splat Zones, with Tower Control and Rainmaker tying)

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I used to main the Aerospray. Then as people got better (more so myself), I moved onto other weapons. I maxed out 999999p on the Dynamo Roller and then went on to snipers and other shooters. I used to love the Aerospray but as I do Ranked Battle nowadays, it really doesn't make sense for me to use it anymore. I have also abandoned certain types of gear due to the knowledge I have now.

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
I used to think Burst Bombs were the worst sub weapon. Good times, gooooood times!
Great joke! But yeah, definitely was NOT the worst sub weapon. ;)

Glad the ink consumption got nerfed though, don't need E-Liters throwing out 4 at a time!

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I thought that Seekers were an OP sub weapon, while Point Sensors were useless. Also thought Damage Up was garbage, Ink Resistance was necessary for everything, and Moray Towers was a balanced map.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Tower Control used to be my best mode, the only one on which I could originally get to S. Then, for some reason, it became my worst. Now... having taken up (Range) Blasters, I don't know if I'd consider it my best in terms of performance, but it's the least stressful mode to step into and I can win pretty consistently (Splat Zones is what worries me most at present, although I wind up doing awesomely as long as I play in 'possessed bucket' mode).

Until recently, I thought that :ability_quickrespawn: was an awful ability. Two things then happened - one, I got into blasters and so came to terms with the fact that I was gonna explode a lot; two, just the other day, I watched most of a tourney stream for the first time (the big anniversary invitational) and was kind of blown away by how everyone seemed to carry four Mains' worth of it. Still... I haven't used it much, as I always feel the need for some ink efficiency, :ability_tenacity: or :ability_comeback:, :ability_inkresistance:, a little speed and damage... I need to accept the fact that I can't have everything.

Originally, I had resolved not to touch any other weapons until I fought my way to S+ with buckets alone. Certainly changed my mind there (again, once I picked up fireworks).

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Being echo located. A while back, I could care less if the enemy team could see me. I never thought it was a big deal, even going as far to say it was a useless special. Hoo boy. Now I hate it with a passion when they can see me, and feel near invincible when I can see them.

I also used to let my guard down when it came to Squiffers compared to other chargers. They can still be super deadly if used properly, so now I treat them with great care.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I used to think Burst Bombs were the worst sub weapon. Good times, gooooood times!
Same here!! I thought they were useless because they didn't splat immediately. Then I saw SS-S VS SS-C when Hitzel was spamming the splatzone with burst bombs from half a map away and I was like "I HAVE TO DO THAT!"

Now two of my three top weapons have burst bombs.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I used to hate Splat Zones with a burning passion. Never won a game once, so obviously I stopped playing because I didn't feel like losing points for 4 hours. But just recently I made an "R&D" alt account to specifically practice new weapons and Splat Zones, and I've found a good gun to carry me through what used to be my worst mode. Even my group of friends who I play private battles with told me that they've noticed a vast improvement in my performance on Splat Zones, despite having only practiced for a week or so. It's still not my best mode, nor is it my favorite (Rainmaker fo' lyfe), but I have a newfound respect for SZ.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Way back in the day I found myself in desperate need of range so I'd be able to fight from a safe distance, ensuring I'd be alive for longer and ergo able to get more **** done. So I went and bought the Custom Jet Squelcher, tried it for a few matches, and decided that it sucked. Eager for that extra range anyway, I went and bought the Splatterscope, tried it for a few matches, and decided that the charger playstyle didn't suit me. Time passed, and I still felt a need for a long-range shooter; thusly, I went and bought the Splattershot Pro, tried it for a few matches, and decided that it sucked.

It wasn't until I decided to seriously train my charger skills a few months later that I realized the "problem" with all these guns lay with me and not them. See, I used the stick controls for every weapon I used, thinking the motion controls would be too clunky and not right for me. Once I started fooling around with the Splatterscope again, I realized that the key to successful charger play was the near-pinpoint accuracy that the motion controls provided. My not-very-bright mind figured that this same principle would apply to all long-range weapons besides chargers, so I retried using first the ProShot and then the Custom Jet Squelcher, and had major successes with both guns. I still think they're terrible for inking turf (especially the :wst_shot_long01:), but they make up for it by being great harassment tools. God help thee if you get jumped at close range, though...

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Aside from the typical stuff like Burst Bombs sucking, thinking the Aerospray is an awesome weapon, I also believed abilities were insignificant and nobody would pay attention to them. I miss those casual days where I wore what I wanted because it looked good. Splatoon was a lot more fun in my earlier days to begin with.

maxie

Full Squid
oh god theres a lot thats changed tbh

1. i used to actively enjoy playing on saltspray and moray for whatever reason, and now i just wont play at all when theyre in the rotation
2. aerospray rgs in ranked mode
3. ink mines was the only sub id use
4. 'splash walls are useless'
5. thinking dynamos were useless (spoiler: now one of my fave weapons)
6. feeling like a god in b- tc with luna blaster
7. hated ancho v and pihrana pit when they were first released, but are now my fave maps

theres a lot more but thats just off the top of my head

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
I used to dislike that map rotation we have after coming from Black Ops 2 (Vote on 3 choices, 1 being a returning one. After that one is played twice its gone from the votes until seen again). The one thing I still dislike is the lack of a back button and the ability to look through your loadout while searching for opponents. Sometimes I accidentally click ranked after quitting it and I'm just forced to play another match.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I used to think that rollers were the best weapons for spreading ink. Now when I play turf war all I do is hide in the ink and ambush people. I only get like 800pts. When I play the Wasabi, I get anywhere from 1100-1400pts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom