What have you changed your mind about?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
When I got the game, I thought the N-Zap was really neat and spent a lot of time practicing with the carbon roller, thinking I'd be a close-range fighter. Then I tried the jet squelcher and WHOOPS I'm exclusively a long-range fighter now.
I started off with medium-long range and went down to medium-low range, so yeah *shrug*

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I used to think Aerosprays were OP as hell, but now I think that they are easy to kill

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I changed my mind about long-ranged shooters like the squelcher. I'm still pretty bad with them, but i'm learning and they're pretty fun!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
- back when the game was new, i thought that point sensors were bad
- i thought that the new squiffer was better than the classic
- i thought the squiffer was great at inking
- i used to think hitting jumping/aerial targets was hard, lol
- for a while i thought i "didn't need" ink res up on the squiffer
- just last week i thought mahi mahi SZ was trash. now i think it's just meh.
- i used to like ancho-v games

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I used to not care for Hammerhead Bridge much. I found it had nothing unique to offer as a map, and that its structure was just boring. But I've come to really enjoy it for Turf War and Splatzones. In turf, I notice most of the games are pretty close, which are the best kind to me, and I like the way the zone is positioned. Rainmaker is fine there, but it's nothing special, but I don't care for TC on the map.

It's a map where I feel many different play styles are welcome. Short, long, and medium range weapons are effective there, which is always welcome. Though carbon rollers legitimately scare me here. They have so many places to hide and assassinate you from. :scared:

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
I went something like "Scopes are for scrubs! Wait, nevermind, they’re actually pretty good. But actually no, they’re bad because you can’t see around you. But oh, oops, they actually give you longer range, so nevermind." Also used to think the Gold Dynamo was the best Dynamo before the Tempered came out. Now I consider the Gold Dynamo the weakest of the three.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I used to think that weapons that didn't spam ink everywhere like the Aerospray were bad for turf wars and found any other weapon hard to use for the longest time. (But honestly, I think that's normal for all newbies.) I maxed out the turf inked for it pretty quickly. After gaining experience and trying out other weapons, I've found that my battle style has changed and I'm no longer to use the Aerospray like I used to. I used to not have a care in the world when I was being echolocated or when a point sensor was thrown at me and thought the echolocator was a useless special weapon. Now I wish someone on my team will always have an echolocator. And oddly enough, I cared about abilities more back then than I do now. For the longest time I didn't know how to properly manage my ink consumption and would spam the crap out of ink saver main, thinking it was the superior ability. Nowadays I'm able to use weapons that consume a lot of ink without any ink saver whatsoever and I couldn't care less about my abilities. There's probably more weird things I used to think, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. XD

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Like everyone here i used to think Aero RG was fantastic way back when i was in C/B ranks. Nowadays i think of it as one of the worst weapons in the entire game for many, many reasons. The only thing i didn't change my mind on that people were dissing on chargers as underpowered when really they took time to learn, which you just couldn't do in the testfire.

More recently, i thought the Squiffer was seriously underrated when really it's kind of underwhelming. It's not so much that the sets hold it back, it's that it can never apply damage up to make it deadly at short ranges, making it straight-up inferior to the bamboo.

I used to think blasters don't really require skill of any kind, nowadays i think they require a lot of practise especially the range blasters. Sloshers are still super easy to use though.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Like everyone here i used to think Aero RG was fantastic way back when i was in C/B ranks. Nowadays i think of it as one of the worst weapons in the entire game for many, many reasons. The only thing i didn't change my mind on that people were dissing on chargers as underpowered when really they took time to learn, which you just couldn't do in the testfire.

More recently, i thought the Squiffer was seriously underrated when really it's kind of underwhelming. It's not so much that the sets hold it back, it's that it can never apply damage up to make it deadly at short ranges, making it straight-up inferior to the bamboo.

I used to think blasters don't really require skill of any kind, nowadays i think they require a lot of practise especially the range blasters. Sloshers are still super easy to use though.
Except the Luna. Don't get me wrong the Luna can be used well, but it's the easiest in my opinion out of all the blasters. However, I personally think the Grim Range Blaster is the best. Burst bombs are just really good with a blaster because of it's fire rate and it's the only one that has them. I also didn't think the rapid blaster and the pro versions were good, but I never realized how much damage up helped it. I was sure I even got one shotted a couple times even though I didn't step foot in the enemy's ink.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I never thought I'd touch the Bamboozler... in short, it's almost the polar opposite of the Tri-Slosher, my most-used weapon. But hey - I just unlocked it on my Charger alt and I'm having fun! Honestly, it's so relaxing not to have to risk my life every time I want to attack an opponent, I'm willing to take the time to learn to aim.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I changed my mind about the Inkzooka. I used to hate it, but after some tips from you guys on Squidboards, I think I've (kinda) gotten the hang of it!
Aerospray MG is now my favorite TW weapon.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I changed my mind about the Squid Sisters, honestly. I used to only like Marie, but recently I realized I like them both alot! The only problem is I guess i'm not too fond of the NoA translation- But either way their designs and a lot of the fanart is amazing! I really adore the art of them getting along outside of splatfests and whatnot, showing that they don't actually hate eachother or anything.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Speaking of those two - when they were first shown in the Splatoon Direct prior to the game's release, I was kind of scared of them. Dunno, something about their eyes, I guess? But that's totally changed now.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Sloshers. I almost never used them in my first few months of play and found them to be unwieldly and ink consuming. Once I started an alt to keep my son or nephew from down ranking me I discovered I'd gotten better with it and it is now my best and fav weapon

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Sloshers. I almost never used them in my first few months of play and found them to be unwieldly and ink consuming. Once I started an alt to keep my son or nephew from down ranking me I discovered I'd gotten better with it and it is now my best and fav weapon
Nice! Which one?

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
the entire class the slosher itself (burst bomb, inkstrike). sometims Ill use the tri slosher in rainmaker for its sub and special (disruptor and bubbler)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom