• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What if Nintendo introduced a grab technique in Splatoon?

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Tbh, I would love to have this just to punch people with my octo/inkbrush. :^D
I would do that constantly tbh.
Just- nonstop.
ALL THE DEATHBLOWS BY A BRUSH! ♥

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Isn't Kraken essentially a melee attack?

One thing that i can imagine is the lag-induced scenario of having both inklings grab eachother at the same time and then simultaneously suplexing eachother to death, somehow. I only want this in just to see that happen.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
an interesting idea.
as cool as it would be, It's pretty unlikely. Unless Nintendo made a sequel at one point, I don't think it'll be a thing.
probably doesn't help that my mind is imagining the most brutal imagery for this, either.

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
All right guys chill. It was just an interesting game mechanic I thought of. That's all. I can see some of you guys aren't too fond of my idea.
"Interesting" is a strong word. Also, by "some" you mean "all" right? Let me put it this way:

"Guys what if they made it so you can charge up Rollers to shoot farther?"
"Ah so you want to use a Charger then."
"No, I like Rollers but I want them to be able to shoot like a Charger."

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Alright this is getting ridiculous. <_<
Stop harassing him.

It's a fun idea and I like it.
But I said it doesn't fit into Splatoon as it is now.
Maybe in a sequel.
But as the game is right now, it wouldn't work.

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
Maybe in a sequel.
But as the game is right now, it wouldn't work.
To be fair, I don't really see a sequel coming out soon, if ever. Maybe the console after the NX, but the only reason we've gotten sequels to games up until about a generation ago was to
1. Create more content for it (being the game/series) and still be able to make money so the company/developer doesn't go bankrupt (for obvious reasons).
2. Make an entirely new game while still being able to use an old IP/characters/setting/etc.

1. Because Splatoon's file sizes are so small, there can be tons of content downloaded to one console and still have plenty of room left over. The game can get updated for months, maybe even years, and still not need a sequel because all the content that'd go into a sequel can just be DLC. I'm sure it'll get ported to the NX with better visuals (or something), but a sequel less than 3 years after the game came out seems unlikely.

2. People play the game for it's mechanics, not the characters/setting. I mean, the characters are great, but if Nintendo announced Splatoon 2: Now We're Platforming Without Guns it just wouldn't sell, at least not to the target audience of dedicated Splatoon players.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
"Interesting" is a strong word. Also, by "some" you mean "all" right? Let me put it this way:

"Guys what if they made it so you can charge up Rollers to shoot farther?"
"Ah so you want to use a Charger then."
"No, I like Rollers but I want them to be able to shoot like a Charger."
No. When I said some, I didn't mean all because I saw some of you guys thought it was cool.

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
I'm not trying to just get attention, I'm trying to point out that everyone who's started by saying "It's good" or "It's interesting" always ends with "But it'd be a bad idea because..." or "But it wouldn't work because..."

I can't say "Man I really like the PS4, but all the games on it aren't good so I'm not buying one" (Not true, just an example) because it's entirely contradictory and I may as well just say "I don't want a PS4 because it doesn't have good games"

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Then I suggest you read his posts again.

Because personally, I do consider it trolling, if someone puts words in your mouth, that you never said and blows things out of proportion, just to discredit you and make you look like an idiot.
This is something I cannot tolerate.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Maybe you aren't trolling but you can be a bit less vindictive about it

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
To be fair, my last post was a bit on the d***-ish side, but I guess that's what happens when I'm on /r/splatoon and /r/smashbros for too long
It doesnt matter whether you were trolling or not. You're forgiven dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom