What if there was more playable species?

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I personally think it’d be really cool to have more species to be playable. I know something like sea anenomes or manta rays would be practically impossible to implement in the same way as Inklings or Octolings so what ideas would you have in mind in that regard?

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Like I’m just throwing ideas, what if sea anenomes couldn’t submerge but had a bit better run speed, a main equivalent of sub resistance, sub power up, and special power up, and have significantly better ink efficiency to compensate?

Cephalobro

The most realistic new playable species I can see are cuttlefish, they are the the only ink-using cephalopod group not yet implemented in Splatoon in some way (no, Craig Cuttlefish is not an actual cuttlefish himself).

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Maybe cuttlefishes, but other than that, seems unlikely lmao

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Like I’m just throwing ideas, what if sea anenomes couldn’t submerge but had a bit better run speed, a main equivalent of sub resistance, sub power up, and special power up, and have significantly better ink efficiency to compensate?
That wouldn't work at all. Swim form is what allows you to climb up inkable walls which, despite many complaints about it, is a major part in splatoon. The only map they could potentially play on is Brinewater, but other than that, nearly all other maps ave inkablewalls that are frequently used.

D

Deleted member

I kinda wanna see mantis shrimp after that artwork of the mantis shrimp in a lab coat on the side order artwork. does not make any sense tho

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
That wouldn't work at all. Swim form is what allows you to climb up inkable walls which, despite many complaints about it, is a major part in splatoon. The only map they could potentially play on is Brinewater, but other than that, nearly all other maps ave inkablewalls that are frequently used.
Agreed. In my head I underestimated how important swim form is while thinking about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom