• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Instruments Do You Play?

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
No, mayonnaise is not an instrument.
I play the viola (best bowed instrument) and the guitar :D

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I have 2 Guitars, 2 Keyboards and an Ocarina :3 i prefer Keyboard over everything though~

NicoNico

Inkling
NNID
MseaCreasy
I'm going to learn to play the acoustic guitar. I dug up an acoustic guitar that was hidden in my basement for 13 years. You guys want to give me tips?

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Don't neglect the chords. My first guitar teacher did for 6 years, and I suck for how long I've been going. I go to a different one now and he actually teaches them to me. While I like the guitar, it just isn't as fun and flailing your arms around with the bow while using vibrato. Guitar solos are pretty fun though, definitely easier than trying to do them on the viola.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been fooling around with the bass for about 3-4 years now. I play it mostly as a hobby, since I don't really have much interest in joining/forming a band.

Besides that, I can play a little bit of electric guitar (no shredding, sadly) and acoustic guitar (not properly). I got a harmonica for Christmas, so I've been fooling around with that as well. I used to be able to play the alto sax; I probably can still, I'd just need to re-learn what keys make what notes.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I got an acoustic guitar that I'll probably get to playing soon, and I play Trumpet in the band. Even though I'm quitting Band, trumpet is a really fun instrument so I'll do my best to keep playing it.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Electric Guitar. My main focus is heavy rhythms and I can't really make myself think in less than 2 notes at a time, so nearly all the songs I've composed have little to no guitar melodies :confused: (I do try to make up for it with constant rhythm changes). That said, I cannot really pinpoint what genre I should call my songs, so for now I just call it "Rhythmic Metal" :D

PS: In school I was taught how to play the flute, although I haven't played one since 2009 o_O

Edit: I almost forgot, I'd like to learn how to use the Electric Triangle o_O

Last edited:

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I play the piano, although I only have a keyboard. I've been taking lessons for a few years. I also taught myself to play the ocarina sometime before I started my piano lessons. Unfortunately I've never found anyone else to play either with.:(

I like playing the piano part of the Jolly Roger Bay/Dire Dire Docks theme from Super Mario 64. Lots of people love hearing the song, whether they've played the game or not. It's such beautiful song.

I learned quickly not to bring my ocarina along with me. I'm not that good at playing it, but I tend to get a lot of requests to play “Saria's Song”. And I mean A LOT.:scared:
I play the viola (best bowed instrument) and the guitar :D
That's so awesome! I just love the sound of the viola! I've been thinking about learning to play myself, but I don't know if I really could manage it.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I really wanna learn how to play the piano... I can only play one song on it and I only know like the first 10 notes..........
It's the tetris theme... help!

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
Synthesizer, though currently I need to get an older one as to allow me to hook up the Midi Sampler I recently got.

HoorayRapo

Inkling
NNID
QuietButHappy
Been playing the baritone saxophone for about 10 years now. Alto saxophone as well. Sticking in the jazz ensemble does definitely keep my motivation going. I've dabbled in playing the piano and bassoon, although I am not very good at either of them.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
the Piano, which I've been doing for around 7 years.
I'm not the best at improvisations, though I enjoy doing video game arrangements.

Spennicus

Inkling
NNID
groovysmithy
I play guitar, bass, keyboard, and drums. I've played guitar for the longest, starting when I was eight years old. I've also been picking up a little bit of ukulele since my little brother started learning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom