• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your least favorite map and mode combination?

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Bluefin and moray for rm and tc
Moray and salt spray for zones

Sombrinha

Inkling
NNID
kagecanada
Arowana Mall is a terrible map in Rainmaker and Zones... I simply cant play in the mid with any weapon

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I hate the museum and moray on turf wars...
I can't really speak for ranked modes since I don't play them!

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
i havent played ranked in a while so I can't remember too well what i disliked on those mode.. i think any map worked OK for me
however in turf wars, the museum and arowana mall has to be my least favourites.
Ive grown somewhat fond of camp triggerfish (which i used to really hate haha)

sammich

Inkling Cadet
SZ:
mahi mahi -- there should be a divider/wall in the middle so dynamos and splat zones don't rule and short range weapons can accomplish something. (i'm starting to get the hang of how to pull reversals but it's still a pain)
museum -- the spawn should be in the regular place so that killing opponents has an effect. it also won't leave the ****ing rotation.
flounder heights -- honestly this is just personal since this stage is ffing death with a squiffer.

TC:
piranha pit -- this just should be gone. it's current path is helplessly bad, and there aren't really any other possibilities even if you move the spawn. i love this level on TW and SZ but even then the stage is not actually very good.

RM:
none. honestly of the stages i've played with this they've all been fine except saltspray and i haven't seen that in months (is it also gone from tower control?)

TW:
flounder heights -- same issue i have with SZ. personal.
ancho-v -- reversals are too easy and sudden. mid is just a giant trap but not being in mid is just annoying. it's just not fun.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I cannot stand Splat Zones on Moray Towers. I will absolutely never play Ranked if this combination is in Rotation. I'd rather just play Turf War until it rotates to something less aggravating. Splat Zones on Moray is just one giant mess. There's almost nothing good about it.

MKFlame7

Inkling
NNID
t-bone4
Probably Splat Zones on Arowana Mall, just find it really hard to do anything without losing the splat zone or getting splatted.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll say Camp Triggerfish on Turf War barely beats Saltspray Rig on the same mode for me. The map itself looks decent, but the fact that the enemy can easilly harass your base while remaining virtually untouchable for more than half of the match makes it utterly frustrating to defend properly even with long-range weapons, and Kraken help you if the enemy just so happens to have Squid Beacons or Custom E-Liters. If only the floodgates were lowered from the start like in the other modes it wouldn't be nearly as irritating as it is, and might even make for epic matches with side-by-side pushes or holds o_O

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I've only begun talking on these forums so I've never really talked about Splatoon in-depth with others (the only person I ever spoke to regularly about Splatoon was someone who was pretty confident about how good they were when all they did was attempt close range stealth kills with the Hydra), so unfortunately I can't really think about particular nuances within maps and different modes. My bad.

One map I just dislike in general though is Pirahna Pit.

NNID
Geomancy-paw
Who honestly thought that Splat Zones on Port Mackerel and Moray Towers was a good idea?? You literally have to go cross China to get to the other zone in both stages and for some reason you can never even keep your own zone under your control. Ugh.

Also the first time I played the Museum was in Ranked; having that super high rotating platform in the middle there in Turf is very jarring to me. It's only good for ranked battles, imo.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
Urchin underpass. All modes but RM might be the worst for me. It just seems so cramped and odd with the different levels. It's frustrating to get through some of the corridors and even more so when the enemy actually manages to.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Blackbelly Skatepark + any mode just because the connection is always lost.

Barring that I'd probably say Moray Towers or Museum d'Alfonsino + any mode (except maybe SZ in Museum's case)

skyguys

Inkling
NNID
skyguys
Here are my most disliked stages in order of most to least.

1. Museum D'alfonsino any mode.
I call the center of the map "The Pit of Death". If you jump in, then the only way to survive is to take control of mid. It's hard to retreat if your in a pinch. The spinners are another huge problem. I rarely benefit from these things and they always get in my way. And thanks to those spinners, spawn-camping is extremely easy to do on this map compared to others. The other team can hid behind your spinner and harass you with their specials and/or the "low ground advantage"

2. Flounder Heights Splat zones
It feels so awkward for me to battle on flounder, especially on the roofs. If the enemy takes control then they can easily see your position almost the all time. I don't mind TC and RM because most of the fights take place in the streets and not on the top parts.

3. Mahi Mahi Resort any mode
Another Pit of Death to deal with. Not to mention how hard it is to take back mid if the other team takes it. It's easier to watch flanks though imo.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Honestly, I would have to say Blackbelly Skatepark Rainmaker...... The stage is so tiny and i've seen matches end in 20 seconds, it's very poorly designed in that mode.

SplatGrease

Senior Squid
NNID
splatsplatoon
Honestly, I would have to say Blackbelly Skatepark Rainmaker...... The stage is so tiny and i've seen matches end in 20 seconds, it's very poorly designed in that mode.
yeah true but its not on rotation any more tbh i disagree with poorly designed it was the best design they could get with blackbelly being so small and compact anywhere else would be even stupider

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom