• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What maps would you like to see get remodelled?

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
I hate Port Mackerel in Splat Zones. One of my favorite things about this game is the freedom of movement you have with proper setup, but SZ Port Mackerel literally does not have a single climbable surface, which makes games on it a lot less fun than other maps. It just needs some sprucing up really, maybe add some more forklifts somewhere.
agreed. Mackerel in ranked makes the boxes utterly useless. the boxes need to be climbable otherwise its really just shooting fish in a barrel for chargers

Kipst3r

Inkling
NNID
Kipst3r
I think that they should add side pathways to Moray Towers and Port Mackerel. Those two maps are kinda boring because I always end up in this giganto stalemate in the middle until one team whips out a Bubbler and pushes the other back.
Yeah, Moray Towers needs some kind of extra space. I get that its gimmick is being really slim and vertical, but I feel like it's too thin. Either more side pathways or make the halls wider, preferably more pathways.

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
I'm really starting to dislike Walleye Warehouse in Splat Zones. At higher ranks 90% of the games there are total curb stomps since it's so hard to take back the zone once one team gets a decent hold of it. There are technically 3 pathways to the zone, but they're all really close, obvious, and easy to choke off at the same time. Having been both the stomper and stompee I really feel that adding a few features to this map (cranes maybe?) would help a lot to make it more "even".

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
I'm glad to see other people agree that the ranked version of Moray and Arowana are the best, but I feel that they, along with Mackerel, need to have a redesign like Urchin Underpass before they can be anywhere near as balanced as some of the other maps. Walleye has its problems, mostly with spawn camping and a lack of ways to take the center, Camp Triggerfish doesn't make a good first impression, and for some reason a few people think the upper area of Saltsray Rig is crucial to take, when you never need to touch it at all.

I just really hope people don't cry out to Nintendo when they fix Moray Towers because they liked automatically winning using minimal skill with a sniper.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Remove the trees from the middle of urchin underpass, and make the big area at the back of rigs easy to get to. Its really hard to push when the enemy has the height advantage

buildz

Inkling
NNID
jBuildz17
I think Moray Towers needs a slight revamp. Especially in ranked. You have to cover SO MANY WAYS that the enemy could get into your base, it's almost like FNaF.

I also think the zones need to widened. Why? Because a roller, in 5 seconds, can single-handedly take the zone. I still like the map itself. Just it needs to be fixed in SZ, in my opinion.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think Moray Towers needs a slight revamp. Especially in ranked. You have to cover SO MANY WAYS that the enemy could get into your base, it's almost like FNaF.

I also think the zones need to widened. Why? Because a roller, in 5 seconds, can single-handedly take the zone. I still like the map itself. Just it needs to be fixed in SZ, in my opinion.
5 seconds for a Roller to take a zone sounds like a lot in my opinion, unless you mean 5 seconds from the start of a match o_O

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
I think Triggerfish is really annoying in Rainmaker. Once the other team heads too far on that side where the goal is it's almost impossible to win it back. There is one narrow entry point close to the side where the goal is (otherwise you'd have to head towards the middle of the map) and they could very easily defend that area.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
I think Triggerfish is really annoying in Rainmaker. Once the other team heads too far on that side where the goal is it's almost impossible to win it back. There is one narrow entry point close to the side where the goal is (otherwise you'd have to head towards the middle of the map) and they could very easily defend that area.
It's a straight, narrow path. One rainmaker shot on the side path wipes all resistance and forces everyone to hide behind a corner for an ambush. Anyone camping at the top in the middle path gets killed if the rainmaker fires a shot before heading up. It's not too difficult to take back if you can get turf advantage (which in itself is the most difficult part of this map since you can only secure one area at a time)

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
Moray Towers and Port Mackerel for sure. Didn't have the game when old urchin underpass was a thing but from what i've heard it definitely sounds like it led to less curbstomp victories in turf wars.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Moray Towers and Port Mackerel for sure. Didn't have the game when old urchin underpass was a thing but from what i've heard it definitely sounds like it led to less curbstomp victories in turf wars.
From experience, the previous one tended to end up in a stalemate once a team captured the middle. The new one kinda allows the team attacking to break that stalemate since they have more angles from where to attack, while the defensive team doesn't really have anything new to use

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Port remake would be nice. It kind of suffered from what the old urchin had, not enough space to move around and ink. Not to mention it could have a much better rainmaker layout

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Port Mac, says me, Captain Original.

The reasons are pretty obvious, of course. I like all the other maps as is, though Walleye does have issues with spawn trapping and Moray feels kinda cramped in Turf.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Moray Towers would be nice with a pillar in the middle so people have some cover from chargers.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I wish Moray Towers was changed in Turf Wars to resemble the Ranked version. More cover from snipers, more ways to get up into the enemy territory. I think it would be better balanced overall.

I would like the trees in Urchin Underpass 2.0 to be moved somewhere else. They do provide cover against enemies with inkzookas for example, which is a great weapon to use on that map thanks to the great visibility. However, that also makes your own much less effective. They also get in my way when I want to use suction bomb rushes in Splatzones, which hurts my strategy pretty badly.

As much as I like the current Port Mackerel, there should be an easier way to escape your base area if your team has been boxed in. All the enemy team needs to do is keep two people in the aisles in front of the base, and two in the first open area to ensure the other team cannot move forward very easily.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I'll say... Port and Kelp dome.
Maybe the Mall could have a few changes.
What could be fixed in them?
I'm not 100% sure, even though some peeps got some ideas for Port, but I would like to see some changes within these maps. uvu;
I do wonder what maps are going to be redone in the future. oAo)

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Port Mackerel
-Make the boxes entirely inkable [This would make the map more fun and interesting by essentially giving it a second layer. It would also increase the amount of inkable turf on the map by a fairly large amount.]
-Extend one side path on each team's side (maybe the one to the right?) so that it has a second exit near the center of the map (the cramped area with the three paths) [This would help prevent spawn camping by giving the team a fifth exit out of their "base" so that all exits cannot be covered by the other team at once]

Moray Towers
I wish Moray Towers was changed in Turf Wars to resemble the Ranked version. More cover from snipers, more ways to get up into the enemy territory.
Moray Towers would be nice with a pillar in the middle so people have some cover from chargers.
^What they said

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom