• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What match have you won that you think the other team ended up really salty?

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
Any match where my team loses a memeber to disconnection or something and we still win the match 3v4. I also like trying to image the salt when the enemy team has one member who gets like 10 kills, 1500 points but they lose because their team averaged like 1 kill 6 death and 150pts.

SpadeASF

Inkling
NNID
GLACYBACKUP
My best moment was when I did a full sweep with the hero charger, I also started squidding so they could see me teasing them, pretty sure they were salty because they were trying to splat me since I was right at there spawn, and they did, and reclaimed the zones right after..

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
We weren't even playing seriously, we literally all picked the same weapon because we wanted to mess around together in ranked. We even had someone disconnect and we still won, the other guy was recording as well and made a video calling us all braindead despite the fact that we won while playing with weapons we dont even use. Can't stop the salt train.

TheHubes

Inkling
NNID
ahuber123
We weren't even playing seriously, we literally all picked the same weapon because we wanted to mess around together in ranked. We even had someone disconnect and we still won, the other guy was recording as well and made a video calling us all braindead despite the fact that we won while playing with weapons we dont even use. Can't stop the salt train.
so salty!!!!!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Lesee... in Rainmaker I was using an Octobrush in Walleye Warehouse. The match was in a heavy stalemate where each side was inching points. Someone on the other team got an inzooka triple with only me standing (hid like a coward when that squid pulled it out). The other team then made a fastbreak all together. I tried to give chase. I lucked out on a kraken and barely got all four as they ran up the un-inkable ramp. I snatched the rainmaker and literally ran/swam screaming to the other side as both teams were busy respawning (and spamming both buttons). My teammates trying to catch up. The other team tearing down the lane to stop me. And I managed to dunk it!

Then there's a Splatzone at the museum with my Kelp Splatscope. Only charger in the match. A slosher kept spawn camping me from the beginning. Only me! He'd let my other teammates saunter by but when try and pass--BAM!--respawn I go! Eventually splatted him with a Killer Wail! Finally, I take to the field, match more than half over and we're losing. Full of salt & vinegar, I'm repeatedly deadeyeing the team off the map. Forcing them out of the splat zone, to their platform, and almost to their spawn point almost single handedly. I took extra special care to immediately pop that damn slosher the moment I saw even a speck of him! Felt very relieved when we got the knockout!

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
lol should linked their recording, does it have the commentary?

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
lol should linked their recording, does it have the commentary?
here's the other guys video
and sorry no commentary on that one, we dont generally record our discord/skype calls when we squad :c

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Color, I imagine no end of cursing and fussing from the other team as soon as the match started. xD

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
where you like just messing around with bombs and just seeing what would happen? I noticed you tried to get that 400 points near the end?
Sorta, yeah. I was noticing how far the bomb range up main was going, and the teams we were going against didn't pose enough of a thereat, so I played around with an approach where I stayed on top and applied pressure with bombs at the choke points while on;y coming down to deal with threats that bypassed those areas. At the end I decided to come down and be more direct since, well, I was recording and it will be kinda boring if I stayed up there :p , but yeah I was sorts experimenting with bomb range up main. I really liked that gear setup. very versatile compliments the jr. well.

Still feeling out its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to stronger opponents though. I wouldn't recommend this approach in every scenario.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
here's the other guys video
and sorry no commentary on that one, we dont generally record our discord/skype calls when we squad :c
no i mean i wanted hear their commentary XD

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
no i mean i wanted hear their commentary XD
Ahh no neither videos have commentary ^^' Although I also wish there was so I could hear them probably yellin at us for being annoying.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Ahh no neither videos have commentary ^^' Although I also wish there was so I could hear them probably yellin at us for being annoying.
well to be fair maybe it is brainded if you guys can 3 v 4 with them while just playing aroundXD

I just do not get it though, couldn't they just stay away? like back off and make sure only their color is in front of them?

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I have no video, but a Splatzones match in which we got shut-out for the entirety of the match, our foes running the counter down to 2 while ours was at 98 with 20 seconds left. My team and I somehow took them all out, got control, and won in OT running our counter from 98 to 1 and never having our control broken. I can imagine feeling several levels of salt for losing that way.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
A lot of my Pokemon Splatfest matches. I mean, I thought the other team won and I actually won a lot. And yeah, I'm slightly salty over Red losing :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom