• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What match have you won that you think the other team ended up really salty?

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
With all the stuff I see about "OMG how can I lose this match ************************** teammates? and someone making cheeziest victory, well I thought why not show a match or tell story where you think someone on the other team ended up with a lot of salt afterwards (and maybe posted a rant about it) Here is mine:
Nothing like ruining a quick shutout XD

If I was on the other team I know I would be salty as ef >.>

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
well, there was this one match during splatfest...

I didn't participate much in that last one, but I can't say I blame them for the sodium content. That whole splatfest was filled with it, and most certainly why nintendo finally made the changes they did.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Prabably a Burgers vs Pizza Splatfest match where we were evenly matched and I was splatted close to the end but managed to build up an Inkstrike very quickly and launched it at the last few seconds, giving us the win (I was on Team Burgers).

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
well, there was this one match during splatfest...

I didn't participate much in that last one, but I can't say I blame them for the sodium content. That whole splatfest was filled with it, and most certainly why nintendo finally made the changes they did.
where you like just messing around with bombs and just seeing what would happen? I noticed you tried to get that 400 points near the end?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
There was this one match that I tried to jot down in miiverse posts.

Alright, so we were on Saltspray Rig, we had about 40 left on the counter. They had just wiped us out and now we were coming back. We took the zone when they go up into the northern area, and I jumped down into it and try sniping them as they come back over the hump. They splat two of my teammates and the next thing I know, the zone is in their control, and now i'm standing in enemy ink with a Splatterscope with 3/4 of the enemy team closing in. At this point, i'm thinking, "Oh **** i'm gonna die." and right as I try inking the turf around me, I get my special. So I activate it, and now i'm standing in enemy turf with a killer wail in my hands, and i'm like, "Yeah, i'm definitely gonna die now." So I point it in the direction of the two that are rushing me from the hump, and start firing uncharged shots like a madman at the one flanking me, and you wouldn't believe what happened next. I actually splatted one of them with the killer wail, then the one flanking me drops down, and I splat him with uncharged shots (he had a .52 gal btw) and at this point i'm thinking "How am I still alive?" And finally, I turn around and use the last of my ink to fire three half-charged shots at the other one who was rushing me, splat him, recover my ink, take the zone, and then my team catches up with me and we defend the zone until the counter reaches 0.

I only got 8 points for the win, but I only needed 1. That was the best triple splat i've ever gotten. One heck of a way to ascend to A rank, eh?

They were dominating for most of the match, we were barely holding on. Basically, I was in the worst position and they should've splatted me, but I somehow lived and saved the game. Also, Saltspray Rig.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was at S 97 and was placed into an almost entire A rank lobby. There was only 1 other S rank and we happened to be placed on opposing teams. The entire match, we were winning and had gotten the tower to 26. They got a lucky break and managed to push it to 21 and we were struggling to get it back - mainly because our lovely blaster gave up the minute we started losing. :confused: I managed to take down most of the team and we were able to push it pretty close but we were having trouble getting it past 21.

I ended up being splatted and since I was a Hydra, it didn't mean good things for my team... Somehow though, we managed to push the tower past 21 by super jumping. As quickly as our opponents were killing us, someone else was super jumping over to the tower to keep it moving and the other team never made a move to get on top of it. So it moved to 20 and we won the game like that. :rolleyes:

I know it would have made me salty - especially as an S rank in an A lobby - to lose in such a cheap way lol :p So I imagine that at least the other S rank was salty over the cheap victory for us xD

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I feel like the other team gets really salty when my team wins a Turf match only because of an Inkstrike at last second. xD

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
A few days ago I won a match far into overtime where almost everyone on the other team had a KD above 1 and one guy even had like 18-4

And today I somehow carried a match with a 0-7 charger on my team, and the other people with just 1-3 kills and 7-8 deaths, by staying on the spin thing in the Museum and blocking most people from getting to the zone with my octobrush

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
A few days ago I won a match far into overtime where almost everyone on the other team had a KD above 1 and one guy even had like 18-4

And today I somehow carried a match with a 0-7 charger on my team, and the other people with just 1-3 kills and 7-8 deaths, by staying on the spin thing in the Museum and blocking most people from getting to the zone with my octobrush
what mode?

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
A noob's question... how do you capture matches? Capture board on pc?
you mean recording them and putting on net?

Splat Zones for both of them, I think the first match was on Bluefin but I'm not 100% sure
you ever total both team splat count? for the most part, the only mode i see team with less splats that can win frequently (and a high a mount difference too like 26 vs 42?)? is on tc.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
you ever total both team splat count? for the most part, the only mode i see team with less splats that can win frequently (and a high a mount difference too like 26 vs 42?)? is on tc.
No, but the other team surely had atleast 15 kills over us

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There was that time the other day that cracked me up. Turf war, walleye warehouse, I'm packing the Aerospray RG. Towards the end of the match we've pushed them far back, I'm on one of the high grate ledges on their end. I see an opponent below and decide to take them out Mario style, so I leap and fire straight down... and splat the entire enemy team. I guess they were all huddled in the ink and they got goomba stomped. Four splat notifications pop up and I just start howling :D There HAD to have been some salt after that one-in-a-million event.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
This actually happened a few days ago, it was Flounder Heights TC, and the other team got to one point away from getting a KO, and my team took it back for a KO XD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay, so this just happened right now. Turf War, Saltspray Rig.

See, the thing about the Rig is that, as a rule, the team that controls the upper area has the match in the bag, and if they lose it they're pretty much screwed. Luckily I've been fortunate enough to not be consistently late to that area, and I've been getting better about stealing that area in the first seconds of a match if I am.

This particular match, our team got a hold of the upper area when the match began, and we had it pretty locked down all the way until the last 30 seconds of the match. Then, through a combination of their E-Liters distracting our newly-respawning players and me getting spooked by a ninja squid, we lost control of that area. Ten seconds left and they've already taken the lead, despite our team's efforts to storm the gate (so to speak).

"Crap," I'm thinking. "If I had an Inkstrike ready, maybe I could unleash some PASSIVE AGGRESSION to perhaps get a slight lead." But of course my special meter's nowhere near fully charged, and with the Splattershot Pro, it's unlikely that I can fill it before the game ends.

5 seconds left. One of their guys goes on a Suction Bomb Rush in a valiant effort to keep us out. Somehow I manage to navigate around the bombs and shrug off the splash damage. (Danke shön, not-fully-leveled Bomb Sniffer boots!) Then, just as the last second ticks by, I hear that distinctive ping sound. I click the Right Stick, but the match ends before I have a chance to target anywhere; thus, it defaults to landing on top of me. It inks a little bit of turf, but nothing noteworthy from my view of the GamePad.

I'm still in disbelief that this happened, but somehow my team had made enough progress to even out the score in that time, and my Inkstrike inked just enough turf to give us the lead.

So my opponents, who'd successfully taken control of the match and looked to have it in the bag, lost due to pure chance. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.
(Wait, who am I kidding?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom